GT4 BMW Series 1 Virtual Drive is OUT!!!

• Thread starter amar212
  • 1,104 comments
I just want to say hello to Spacemaniac and Pedjo and say thanks to Pedjo, STINGer and Amar for their impressions of the newest GT demo. When I read it I felt adrenalin and I couldn't stop laughing. When i look at the pictures of the GT4 I just can't close my mouth.
It's just amazing what are they doing here
So i guess it's confermed the thing wich was happening with PSone. The more you wait, the bigger it gets.
What can we expect with PS3 only God knows. Remember Ridge Racer- the first sequel and the last- what's the difference. And the day we will think it is ultimate in every aspect it wont be...I mean the power of PS2.

Thanks for the new screens, amar! I just added the news to our homepage. If you come up with any kind of videos of the new tracks, let me know and I'll get them online!

Some were talking about the signs on the Track.
The signs are at the end of the Nordschleife Track.
That means you cannot go straight for the next Lap
you have to leave and drive to the Start through the
parking lot.And going to the Exit of the Track with 200km/h
could be very dangerous :scared: .
@Arwin
Hey Arwin greetings from GT Racing Point :dopey:
Are Klopfer, Methadonman and Albert also registered at GTP?
I couldn't believe my Eyes seeing you here

Can anyone (mainly from Europe) find out how to get a hand on one of these demos? I think it'd be great to have it added to a GT collection ;) I also contacted BMW like another user did here. But I doubt BMW USA will either answer me or tell me how I can get one.

But there is more news. Just the other day, two important novelties appeared. First of all, BMW released a GT4 demo disc to the press for their brand new 1 series BMWs. It is a lot like the Toyota U.S. demo, but with Capri, New York, and the Nurburgring! The demo is time limited, as usual, but this time the limit is set to 600 seconds, or 10 minutes, which actually allows you to complete a full lap at the Ring in the 1 series and several laps on the other two tracks.

The 1 series can be driven both in 1.8 and 2.0 regular versions, as well as the 1.8 and 2.0 Turbo Diesel versions, which makes this the first time you can drive a Diesel powered car in Gran Turismo. The code used for this disc is very clearly the same as was used during E3, with the lateral g-force meters and everything present.

From the looks of it, the demo will be available in Europe only initially, but keep an eye out for it in the U.S. since BMW does do business there and the New York track is included. We'll be sure to post footage as soon as we get our hands on this disc ourselves. Expect more on it soon. (thanks to amar212, Croatia)

Conrgrats Amar212, your mentioned on IGN just as the IGN Editor Promised. And that is what you deserve. Nice. :)

Article : http://cars.ign.com/articles/532/532838p1.html

And the IGN guy is dutch, 10 points for him.

(Are you also at the EA party this year? :') )

Egghead
Conrgrats Amar212, your mentioned on IGN just as the IGN Editor Promised. And that is what you deserve. Nice. :)

Article : http://cars.ign.com/articles/532/532838p1.html

And the IGN guy is dutch, 10 points for him.

(Are you also at the EA party this year? :') )
Very cool, Amar, you're quite a popular guy right now! :cool: You have your name twice on our homepage as well! Too bad GTPlanet didn't get mention from IGN, like granturismo.com did when GT3 hype was getting talked about, but that's OK, congrats Amar!

This damn game is getting me mad before it comes out. Have you looked at how the sky lighting is mapped on the track ? Can't sleep at night without much thinking of it

this is what i got from BMW when i emailed them about it

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your email.
I forwarded it to our Customer Information Department, that will be in touch with you shortly.

Kind regards,

BMW E-Commerce Team

looks like they aint saying much about it

I'll be going to my local BMW dealer to see if they've got copies of it.If they do have them i'll be sure to pick up a few.

IGN claims this is a screenshot, huh...
gt4life_160_1090548612.jpg

yeah right

Today I phoned to BMW Germany's Customer Service Hotline. They told me they don't know of the existence of this BMW-Series1-GT4-Edition. But if something like that is gonna to be released they will publicate it in the press and medias.

So, the Hotline Center knows nothing at the moment, but we know that this version exists. It is also proofed by our "Censorship Ministry" (you know blood in games for the German market is something very rare). I don't actually know how you call this process in the US (rated for the suitable age). I have to improve my English, sorry. Last time I spoke it was in school. Oh, but this doesn't interest anybody! :sly:

We have to wait for BMW, if they will make the existence of this version kind of popular (again worse English :indiff: ).

Methadonmann
So, the Hotline Center knows nothing at the moment, but we know that this version exists. It is also proofed by our "Censorship Ministry" (you know blood in games for the German market is something very rare). I don't actually know how you call this process in the US (rated for the suitable age). I have to improve my English, sorry. Last time I spoke it was in school. Oh, but this doesn't interest anybody! :sly:

We have to wait for BMW, if they will make the existence of this version kind of popular (again worse English :indiff: ).

Dont worry your english is ok, Better than some users who's english is they're first language.

Has anyone tried to get in contact with an American BMW dealer? I think I will try.

I just e-mailed them-

"I recently became aware of a demo of a game for the Paystation 2. It is called the Gran Tursimo 4 (GT4) BMW Series 1 Virtual Drive. I was wondering how I could get a copy and if it will be available in the U.S. and in NTSC form.

Any information you could provide me with would be greatly appreciated."

I hope they will tell me! I want this demo :banghead:

BMW dealerships everywhere start to treble at the massive influx of people asking......"where's this BMW disk!!" :lol:

Bet BMW wishes they hadn't made it now.......I guess they were not expecting GTPlanet! ;)

Robin :D

Maybe if we all spam them, they will tell us how to get it! :banghead:

I've now E-Mailed my local BMW dealer and the BMW North America Headquarters!

I recon this was an all German Promotion and was only for that country :( .....ain't comming to sunny England then.....!

Ewww the BMW 1 series is ugly from the side.

Still atleast BMW are finally making some 'changes' to their cars visually instead of slight alterations to the lights as they have been doing ;)

Latest Posts

Back