GT4 BMW Series 1 Virtual Drive is OUT!!!

• Thread starter amar212
  • 1,104 comments
The 1 series demo is not an all german promotion as robin2223 suggests. I have got official info from BMW Norway that says otherwise. If you pop over to www.granturismo.no I have posted the e-mail I received from them (hope you all can read norwegian :lol: ).

And yes, the 1 series isn't exactly eye candy.

AGAIN: the BMW 1 series is not going to be sold in the US. US dealerships will NOT have ANY promotional items for the car. You are wasting your time.

also - you are putting way too much thought into the canned responses you are getting back from "BMW HEADQUARTERS". Its a call center, just like any other auto manufactuers customer service department, staffed by contracted call center employees who don't drive BMW's, don't work for BMW, and don't have any more inside scoop into anything then we do. They are not trembling with fear or feeling the pressure. There aren't any board meetings disussing how to deal with "all these people who are demanding the CD!" They take 15 seconds to read your email, obviously from a kid & not from someone who wants to buy a $50,000 car. If they don't delete it on the spot, they quickly scan through their available resources & press releases, and if BMW didn't give them the proper information to address your question, you get a "thank you for your email". After that, DELETE, on to the next guy.

Welcome to the real world.

Greyout
AGAIN: the BMW 1 series is not going to be sold in the US. US dealerships will NOT have ANY promotional items for the car. You are wasting your time.

also - you are putting way too much thought into the canned responses you are getting back from "BMW HEADQUARTERS". Its a call center, just like any other auto manufactuers customer service department, staffed by contracted call center employees who don't drive BMW's, don't work for BMW, and don't have any more inside scoop into anything then we do. They are not trembling with fear or feeling the pressure. There aren't any board meetings disussing how to deal with "all these people who are demanding the CD!" They take 15 seconds to read your email, obviously from a kid & not from someone who wants to buy a $50,000 car. If they don't delete it on the spot, they quickly scan through their available resources & press releases, and if BMW didn't give them the proper information to address your question, you get a "thank you for your email". After that, DELETE, on to the next guy.

Welcome to the real world.
The real world is something else.
If you don't know GT game is the most popular game in any race form and it is sold in millions of coppies, and if you don't know they have people for dealing this kinds of things. Company like BMW and with all it's money and you're telling me that they can't pay few people for handling e-mails like that.

Tin K
The real world is something else.
If you don't know GT game is the most popular game in any race form and it is sold in millions of coppies, and if you don't know they have people for dealing this kinds of things. Company like BMW and with all it's money and you're telling me that they can't pay few people for handling e-mails like that.

Do you really think that?

Customer call/e-mail centers are there to either solve a customer´s problem, or send an immediate answer to keep him/her happy, even if they do not solve the problem. This way, customer thinks his problem matters to the company, and that he/she is being taken care of. That is a public relation´s strategy.

If you think that a BMW customer call center will take any kid´s game demo request as something important, you are sadly wrong or too naive. Sorry, but that IS the real world.

Even a loyal BMW customer will get that answer concerning a demo game which almost no one still knows exist.

Martinmaxx
Do you really think that?

Customer call/e-mail centers are there to either solve a customer´s problem, or send an immediate answer to keep him/her happy, even if they do not solve the problem. This way, customer thinks his problem matters to the company, and that he/she is being taken care of. That is a public relation´s strategy.

If you think that a BMW customer call center will take any kid´s game demo request as something important, you are sadly wrong or too naive. Sorry, but that IS the real world.

Even a loyal BMW customer will get that answer concerning a demo game which almost no one still know exists.
I'm just saying that they have people dealing with this kind of stuff but I have never said that it is in their interest to make smomeone happy.
They have money, they have stuff as well. They solve problems. It is not atomaticly solved without thinking. Belive me!

At the end of the day.......call centre staff and e-mail handlers are people.....some will just hate their job and won't give a damn about people writing in asking about some demo.......others will maybe feel like they want to help people or maybe feel obliged to keep up customer relations........one day you might want to buy a BMW from them!!!!.....you wont if they fobbed you off when to sent them an e-mail! (some will still by the bmw thou ;) )

Whatever it is.......I want this demo, I want GT4 and I too think the one series look ugly.....like the rest of the ruined BMW fleet! (6 series and X5 maybe excluded)

Robin

There's a new vid out, a Nurb vid.
Link
It's a mixture of ingame action and real stuff, it's pretty awesome and you see some amazing replay angles, I wasn't sure if I was looking at a game or the real deal lol
If you sign up, click on
Gran Turismo 4 - Michael vergleicht Strecke und Spiel
I downloaded the vid, you could IM me and I'll give it to ya.

robin2223
At the end of the day.......call centre staff and e-mail handlers are people.....some will just hate their job and won't give a damn about people writing in asking about some demo.......others will maybe feel like they want to help people or maybe feel obliged to keep up customer relations........one day you might want to buy a BMW from them!!!!.....you wont if they fobbed you off when to sent them an e-mail! (some will still by the bmw thou ;) )

Robin

Most Call centre/ customer service centres are staffed by pretty low paid workers,
In fact many are now located in Places like INDIA.
The staffers have very little knowledge of the products they represent other than that which has been drilled into them during the training regime.
They are mostly ruled over by by supervisors who have progressed from the mundane work of an operative, and in order to progress to this level are mostly 'Yes' Men ruled over by Graduate educated, but no life/work experience, 'these are the rules and this is the way its done' managers.
All queries will have a standard set of procedures, to determine the correct answer, all pre written by someone at Head Office, anything that is not a standard question that can not be answered, through the procedure, will most likely be given a standard reply.
Call Centre Operatives CAN NOT make use of their own initiative, and give an answer to a query that is not standard procedure, they would most probably be sacked, for providing non factual advice.
So dont think no matter how nice you ask, That they are going to spend the next 30mins trying to find out the answer then call you back, they would be expected to deal, with at least another 5 queries in that time by their overbearing supervisor, And working under that sort of pressure do you think they really care.

I'm a member of the BMW Press Club and get all press releases, even about the most boring company internals you could imagine and no magazine prints because nobody cares, and there has been no mention yet of this GT4 version.

Which seems odd to me because I saw the mention of it on the FSK website quite a long time ago.

I really don't know yet how you could get it, sorry :(.

I've managed to record high-quality replay in the morning, and full replay video is just being edited. I'll send it to Jordan in matter of hours. It consists of full lap of NurbNord and full replay lap. Hope you'll enyoj it.

Vid is around 22 minutes long, so file is going to be one big motherdriver.

Expect it very soon.

Well,i just came back from the BMW dealer and they didn't have the demo.He did know about it and told me that currently it's available only in Germany.The guy happens to be huge GT fan.He gave me a huge poster from Gran Turismo 4(i told him i was planning to buy a BMW).The poster is 2 meters wide and 1 meters tall/long and features the BMW M5 in the air(at the jump)with the Nordschleife map over it.It's like this one but then without the Japanese writings.Now i need to find a place to put it.

amar212
I really don't know yet how you could get it, sorry :(.

I've managed to record high-quality replay in the morning, and full replay video is just being edited. I'll send it to Jordan in matter of hours. It consists of full lap of NurbNord and full replay lap. Hope you'll enyoj it.

Vid is around 22 minutes long, so file is going to be one big motherdriver.

Expect it very soon.

Oh, how it sucks to be on dial-up. :yuck: :ouch:

GTChamp2003
Well,i just came back from the BMW dealer and they didn't have the demo.He did know about it and told me that currently it's available only in Germany.The guy happens to be huge GT fan.He gave me a huge poster from Gran Turismo 4(i told him i was planning to buy a BMW).The poster is 2 meters wide and 1 meters tall/long and features the BMW M5 in the air(at the jump)with the Nordschleife map over it.It's like this one but then without the Japanese writings.Now i need to find a place to put it.
yeah i got that poster too its awesome and amar can you at least tell us how you got it you dont need to name names

going a bit off topic now...........where can I get the poster!!! :lol: I live in the uk.....do I have to go to a dealer and beg?

wish vauxhall had a bigger interest in GT4...then I could go to them cos I got one and could screw the dealership for GT stuff!!

Back