GT6 News Discussion

• Thread starter Matty
  • 8,352 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see the issue here, the GT5 one is a much higher quality sounding example of the same engine sound, with more dynamics going on. Yeah they sound very similar, as they should do, but it doesn't take a trained pair of ears to hear that there is a big difference in the fidelity.

It also isn't a surprise that they might not sound like the real thing, cars in GT games rarely do.

I was reading the career mode blurb on the Gt site. In the 2nd picture the last sentence reads "Progress can be matched to your skill"
You think this means it'll get tougher the better you drive :D Causing the AI to speed up corner entry and Apex, making it tougher to pass.

Or it'll just make the "stars" less valuble causing you to have to race the Same AI more...

My take on the star system is like this. Take event number 1: Requires 0 stars. So everyone starts career on this event. Now, some people will likely never have played GT before, and in this event, it might require you to place, let's say 5th, to acquire 1 star. Where 1st gets you 3 stars. Now let's assume event number 2 has the same system.

Now event 3, requires 4 stars. If you are decent at the game, you will likely have won both event 1 & 2, giving you 3 stars each time, your total is 6 stars, which means you can progress straight onto event 4. If you are not so good, you might only have come 5th twice, giving you just 2 stars, meaning you need to improve your skills on the already unlocked events, get better at the game, and then progress onto higher events.

This is a pretty limited example, but the idea being, that if you win every event, you will unlock higher up events much faster. So someone who wins 5 events in a row, might already have access to events 10 with the amount of stars they have, meaning they can progress onto harder events faster, whereas to get to event 10 without winning every race, might take you 7-8 events of placing lower down before you achieve the requisite amount of stars.

Hope that made sense, that is just how I view it to work.

I don't see the issue here, the GT5 one is a much higher quality sounding example of the same engine sound, with more dynamics going on. Yeah they sound very similar, as they should do, but it doesn't take a trained pair of ears to hear that there is a big difference in the fidelity.

Well my point wasn't really about the quality, it was that the base of the sound is still the same.

My take on the star system is like this. Take event number 1: Requires 0 stars. So everyone starts career on this event. Now, some people will likely never have played GT before, and in this event, it might require you to place, let's say 5th, to acquire 1 star. Where 1st gets you 3 stars. Now let's assume event number 2 has the same system.

Now event 3, requires 4 stars. If you are decent at the game, you will likely have won both event 1 & 2, giving you 3 stars each time, your total is 6 stars, which means you can progress straight onto event 4. If you are not so good, you might only have come 5th twice, giving you just 2 stars, meaning you need to improve your skills on the already unlocked events, get better at the game, and then progress onto higher events.

This is a pretty limited example, but the idea being, that if you win every event, you will unlock higher up events much faster. So someone who wins 5 events in a row, might already have access to events 10 with the amount of stars they have, meaning they can progress onto harder events faster, whereas to get to event 10 without winning every race, might take you 7-8 events of placing lower down before you achieve the requisite amount of stars.

Well that would be nice for license testing. Especially when it's "this is an apex, drive towards the apex..."

Your explanation makes more sense than what I was thinking. I'm still hoping they'll be some kind of adaptive difficulty that says "hey this guy is 10mph faster on exits than our AI" then proceeds to speed up said AI.

Contradiction much? Also, you completely missed the point, which is that very little has happened at PD's sound department in the last 14 years.

Ok, but whining about that in a GT6 news thread isn't really gonna help is it?

I contradicted myself, I'm aware of that.

Let's stay on topic folks.

Your explanation makes more sense than what I was thinking. I'm still hoping they'll be some kind of adaptive difficulty that says "hey this guy is 10mph faster on exits than our AI" then proceeds to speed up said AI.

Yeh, couldn't agree more, would be lovely to have a more competitive AI if you are clearly outclassing them! 👍

I think AI will be at least improved in GT6 compared to GT5, but AI has never been a great challenge in the series.

People have to resort to using under-powered cars to have a challenge.

Not that it affects me much, I'll be mostly playing online with my team.

My biggest concern with updating sounds is the sheer volume of sounds and the size of each quality sound... It would be a ridiculously large update...

This whole messaging seems like an after thought... If anything is to be dropped, and following trends, there is a high thread of this going under the rug..

If you have something against my posts, I suggest you report them to a moderator, instead of pretending to be one yourself.

I went a little off topic, yes, and so did you.

What was the topic? I can't remember, and not because I'm drunk, which I not.

I just hope that this time, we can have a nice, easy way to widely share Course Maker tracks à la Little Big Planet or Mod Nation Racers.

The sound update will most likely in form of revamped sound simulation, not new sound samples for all cars :) or maybe PD have the new sound samples ready on disc running on older sound simulation engine, and update will pair the samples with better sound engine eventually.

Yeh, couldn't agree more, would be lovely to have a more competitive AI if you are clearly outclassing them! 👍

Can't be that hard, right? You and I are not even talking about giving the AI actual AI! Just about speeding them up to compensate.
I'm not a computer guy so it sounds easy to me...

This isn't directed at you, I just quoted your post for reference. That may be how it works and if so, great...if you suck at driving, or are new to the series or just enjoy the same challenge you've had for 15 years/6 games but with some different cars. What about the millions of people that are tired of this and want a big challenge right off the bat? If we are forced to progress through the game this way, with no early high payout events a la GT5, I think it's a huge mistake on PD's part. It's not 1999 anymore Dorothy:lol:

This isn't directed at you, I just quoted your post for reference. That may be how it works and if so, great...if you suck at driving, or are new to the series or just enjoy the same challenge you've had for 15 years/6 games but with some different cars. What about the millions of people that are tired of this and want a big challenge right off the bat? If we are forced to progress through the game this way, with no early high payout events a la GT5, I think it's a huge mistake on PD's part. It's not 1999 anymore Dorothy:lol:

In fairness the initial question I ask was to speculate on. His assertions could be false. I'm with you though, lets make it like COD, when you log in it ask the difficulty you'd like to play with. Put mine on cone killer.

Yeh you do make a good point. I agree too, would be nice to have some tough challenges early on. Special events through a bit of that early game in GT5, but very limited experience with them. I think the only solution realistically is to make the AI far more challenging, or at least have an option to make them far more challenging. That way the early on "easy" events, are no more easy, just with lower power cars that might be a bit easier to drive, but still provide the same challenge in terms of winning the events.

Very very strange ...

It has been
o-JAH3QGwMI.jpg

It became

6FsYBUQW5oE.jpg

http://eu.gran-turismo.com/ru/products/gt6/cars/#new

The carbon splitter is enhanced. The headlights brighter as well mentioned before, Dunlop branding added and the BBS logoenhanced. Thanks for thecomparison.

The carbon splitter is enhanced. The headlights brighter as well mentioned before, Dunlop branding added and the BBS logoenhanced. Thanks for thecomparison.
The Dunlop branding is on the red sls' tyres too

What's your guess about deadline for Polyphony? Date when they have to send the final build to production? A think that this week is the last week they can do any changes or fixes.

Jordan already has it, I believe it's already sent off to be manufactured onto discs.

Indeed, though he did mention it's not a completely final retail copy, and that Kaz is skipping SEMA so that he can help wrap up GT6 over in Japan. So yeah, I'd imagine it's pretty much this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back