GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,399 comments
So you know what i keep AT 🤣

I improved my qt just a bit , better managed in race with no drag tao go 0.8 faster 😂😂

I went once again back to D no problem to go back C after 3 race . Well seem i'm clearly not a D anymore but not really a C 😉✌️

So i decided to after the Peugeot, try the Ford GT , well signed some podium in C lobby and find a part from speed and power you can keep it more easily on track when you are getting pushed etc ...

Well i started the week strugling having under 1.50 lap in race , to now in a unique race all lap under 1.48 exept pit lap. Most of the time still i'm under 1.49 .

Most important i get really good time , and D or C ranking race gave me fun.

And you know what i'm pleased to be C , but more pleased to keep that fairplay rating to S.
Congrats, that's a very good score you can be proud of :) Hope to race with you!

I had faster laps with the Ford (1:47 / 1:47.5) but this beauty needs a refueling compares to the RSR (1:48 mini), for example.
I'll give a try to the Peugeot and see how it goes.

I'm still CS with the objective to turn AS as soon as possible.

A couple more races at Daytona today and they'll likely be my last. Ended the week with a P2 and a P1, sharing the track with @Dairyworker which is always cool when another GTP member is in the same lobby.

What a great combo.Something about this track I just get along with it. Don't think I was off the podium all week, and a number of P1s to boot. After GV a couple weeks back and Daytona RC this week, it's been a good couple of combos for the ol' DR (probably overly inflated honestly).

510530c7ebe2be2f2d21aa4405cf452e_photo.webp

For next week, GV in reverse is interesting. I don't know that layout at all. However, if it ends up being a fuel saver that would be a bummer.

Last edited:
Oh come on Max, tell us how you did it or at least a replay. :D
I forgot to save it 💩

There is a strategy, if you get right up behind the Ford/Peugeot going onto the oval you can hang in the slipstream for 9 laps then pass them with the quicker pitstop since the 911 doesn't need any fuel but you have to drive the wheels off it. Any more than 3 tenths at the start of the banking they will slowly extend the gap until you lose the tow.

How and where car we report awful players, pls?
I've been assaulted by a (Turkish) guy, while I was 2dn and I've finished last...
Seriously, the penalty sustem is just a joke.

Nevermind, i'll be more careful next time.
You can’t, unfortunately! You could in GTS irrc.

Re the discussion of lobby matching - I’m a mid-B driver w/an S safety rating. The majority of my races at DTS (at least 1/2) were in mixed lobbies with half the grid A+ and A drivers, the rest B. This is in the Americas.

Don’t recall having so many races with A drivers before. Or should I say ‘races’ as I was usually starting 10th or lower and never saw them! One of them did a low 1:45 in the race!

Were there fewer players racing B this week?

The PD gods did deign to put me in a few B/S lobbies so I at least got a win!

Last edited:
You can’t, unfortunately! You could in GTS irrc.

Re the discussion of lobby matching - I’m a mid-B driver w/an S safety rating. The majority of my races at DTS (at least 1/2) were in mixed lobbies with half the grid A+ and A drivers, the rest B. This is in the Americas.

Don’t recall having so many races with A drivers before. Or should I say ‘races’ as I was usually starting 10th or lower and never saw them! One of them did a low 1:45 in the race!

Were there fewer players racing B this week?

The PD gods did deign to put me in a few B/S lobbies so I at least got a win!
You can see just from this forum/thread C is getting the love this week.

And I'm seeing it my lobbies there is a lot of A+ guys farming on a Sunday evening for me EU lobbies.

A few regulars and new peeps and a lot of A+ guys I've never seen racing on streams and it's a very very very small pool of people in that category!

I think B this week will be quite quiet because it's just inherently flawed, only 4 laps at a high risk circuit is basically a guaranteed recipe for pure carnage, you're forced to go all out on a track that will result in death if you make any misstep because 4 laps gives no opportunities for proper racing.
Even a couple more laps and I'm sure it would be a bit more popular, although the state of Gr.4's BoP is quite unappealing in general.

Last edited:
Right let's put this to bed, I'll go do on my sort of new Glen Uk account, but in B/S lobbies but I'll set an A lobby time.

I guarantee the lobby I first get put in to will be mixed, if I race again it will tighten the spread to promote closer racing. That is what the game is designed, programmed for and should be about. Hold my beer.

Had 2 sessions at Daytona with differents results.

1/ Started 3rd, finished 2nd at 10 secs behind a faster driver than me.

2/ Started 5th, up to 3rd, down to 11th after a rude contact, back to 5th and... finished 11th (made an error in the final lap :banghead:).

Good evening / afternoon / morning GT7 folks :cheers:

I think B this week will be quite quiet because it's just inherently flawed, only 4 laps at a high risk circuit is basically a guaranteed recipe for pure carnage, you're forced to go all out on a track that will result in death if you make any misstep because 4 laps gives no opportunities for proper racing.
Even a couple more laps and I'm sure it would be a bit more popular, although the state of Gr.4's BoP is quite unappealing in general.

That’s what I like about B, you need it all to go your way to finish well. And for it to be clean, so yeah carnage it will probably be! Good chance to get the Porsche out!

Last edited:
Another couple of variables to add to this matchmaking recipe that everyone seems to forget...

- The system by which it will "ease you in" when getting promoted through the ranks. IE: when entering A for the first time, you won't encounter full A/A+until a couple of races later.

- The fact that due to the nature of Race B this week, there may be larger amounts of players losing SR and/or DR 'artificially' thanks to penalties and whatnot.

Players being turned off Race B is definitely a factor, too.

(Just a note also, you've only got to look at Race A to see what happens when the numbers are thin. Races full of B drivers regardless of your own rank. I haven't seen a full-DR Race A since they turned off ranking)

Another couple of variables to add to this matchmaking recipe that everyone seems to forget...

- The system by which it will "ease you in" when getting promoted through the ranks. IE: when entering A for the first time, you won't encounter full A/A+until a couple of races later.

- The fact that due to the nature of Race B this week, there may be larger amounts of players losing SR and/or DR 'artificially' thanks to penalties and whatnot.

Players being turned off Race B is definitely a factor, too.

(Just a note also, you've only got to look at Race A to see what happens when the numbers are thin. Races full of B drivers regardless of your own rank. I haven't seen a full-DR Race A since they turned off ranking)
All spot on.

Also, why is the question would you race A when it's all down sides. And I say this from my rank driving in C/B lobbies.

The standards are horrific and I'm not even pretend it's good. It's just arcade racing and hence why it's C.

They don't even understand racing let alone driving for positions

It's pretty sad to go to these lobbies. They seem to think winning is what this is about. It's a long game.

I also understand some of the comments a bit more.

But I am being candid, you need to drive better, cleaner and a bit quicker. You have to understand the track and where pace is or can be found.

Having had several C lobbies now. You aren't playing the same game I am

How and where car we report awful players, pls?
I've been assaulted by a (Turkish) guy, while I was 2dn and I've finished last...
Seriously, the penalty sustem is just a joke.

Nevermind, i'll be more careful next time.
For the record it's a game stop taking it personally if someone doesn't practice good racing manners...just handle it next time or be ready next time they are around....it actually makes you a better driver to pay attention to what's going on around you ..that includes watching your mirrors and avoiding the punt....

For the record it's a game stop taking it personally if someone doesn't practice good racing manners...just handle it next time or be ready next time they are around....it actually makes you a better driver to pay attention to what's going on around you ..that includes watching your mirrors and avoiding the punt....
I already know that, you're right :)
My question was rhetorical.

Well, I had some mixed results in Race B the last couple of days. I got killed last night and finished at or near last a couple times, and then some mid-pack finishes. I’ve managed to rescue my SR and get back to S, but my quali time is so slow that I’m starting near the back every race. If I just drive patiently I’ve found I can capitalize on some of the carnage, so my DR isn’t as bad as I thought it would be.

But let’s be real: it’s my qualis that are killing me. I think I’m my own worst enemy.

Ending C race with a 1:44 qt finally but it didn’t help me to have any good races today.

4 races and got punted in every single race which would eventually see me DFL finishing lap one more often than not
Even had 1 race from pole and that lasted until the bustop where I got booted, spun in the grass and came back in last 🙄.

Had some decent race C yesterday but my luck ran out.
Felt like a piñata spilling DR everywhere for the kids but at least grateful I’m to come away with all of my SR S after such rough outings.

Laguna Seca will be the usual bloodbath so no thanks. 🫣

Maybe GV reverse will be sort of okay 🤔
If not Mazda fest.

I have a try at the C race , set a QT just under the 2 mn , put me 5 on the grid .
Finish P8 using the Citroën , problem for the moment i am not use AT about it's fuel consultation and i think refuel way to much 🤣🤣🤣.
Start might be dangerous as some just wall ride and bump me at start ending front and rear full red.
Lost 2 pos with my Pit strat .

Will also try A and B , but laguna got lot of work , i'm usually really slow there.

Last edited:
I have a try at the C race , set a QT just under the 2 mn , put me 5 on the grid .
Finish P8 using the Citroën , problem for the moment i am not use AT about it's fuel consultation and i think refuel way to much 🤣🤣🤣.
Start might be dangerous as some just wall ride and bump me at start ending front and rear full red.
Lost 2 pos with my Pit strat .

Will also try A and B , but laguna got lot of work , i'm usually really slow there.
I'll have a try this afternoon but Grand Valley isn't an easy track, especially in reverse mode...
May the Force be with you!

Managed to get a good amount of racing in this weekend. Did a lot on Saturday starting early morning and jumping in and out all day. A lot of really good racing was had, and again yesterday i tried to get as many races in as i could on the last day of one of my favorite combo's. It started a bit rough and I'm not sure if it was just me or what but the car felt really inconsistent, like it had dirty tires randomly a few times. That is when i saw @Talon16 who was running pretty strong at the front. You can see me all the way at the back in the pic he posted lol. Fortunately as the day went on i got myself dialed in and again had some really enjoyable racing. All of it mid to rear of the pack as my 44.8 qt was putting me, a low low A driver into what i think was top split rooms.

Sad to see daytona go, and it doesn't look like I'll be touching this week's races. I simply don't have the time or the desire for tuning.

I'd kind of hoped they'd put this race C template to bed - two tyre compounds, the harder one mandatory, high fuel usage, x1 tyres - as it always results in a heavy fuel-saving 0-stop on the harder compound.
Well for those that complained about the lack of strategy, I think this week more than makes up for the last few weeks.....
Not really, the Ferrari seems to have become the meta by this lunchtime. With that it's an easy no stop with only minimal fuel saving required, if you're manually shifting then just a little short shifting is all that's needed.

In the early morning sessions the Mazda and McLaren were also competitive, the Mazda didn't need any fuel saving at all, didn't try the McLaren so not sure about that. Give one of those a go if you don't like the Ferrari.

The only thing I hate about these rules is when you've switched to Mediums for practice to set a qualifying time. You then need to remember to switch back to hards for the race, or your race will be ruined before it's begun.

The only thing I hate about these rules is when you've switched to Mediums for practice to set a qualifying time. You then need to remember to switch back to hards for the race, or your race will be ruined before it's begun.

Did not read carefully rules this morning , was thinking you had to stop. So no you just have to wear hard tyre and discovered it second race.
Pass the fact that a driver that miss entering the bridge after tunnel bounce on me and make me spin full throtle right at start 😂😂😂
I watch replay and the poor just miss the entrance for not much , i then discovered that all the others drivers where on auto transmission.

Also need after finish to try cars to find a setup.

Not an easy track but i enjoy it even if i have not been able to take my time down. Tried a few car .

Last edited:
Maserati MC20 is a cool choice of a car for a daily, I praise PD for that but heavy critique at the same time for the track choice. Red Bull Ring, man...? Horrific track and even worse this time. It’s a car that needs to be carefully driven with tons of speed and brakes which a lot of people will find aren’t as strong as they might expect. Lots of finesse needed and that’s put on RBR with these stupid heavy braking 90 degree corners.

Last edited:
Anyone know if the Viper will make it in this week's C with minor fuel savings? I seem to recall it was decent on fuel (despite being an 8.3L V10).

lol. "No one likes the tuner here!"
Well for those that complained about the lack of strategy, I think this week more than makes up for the last few weeks.....
Huh? There is no strat. C a no stop pseudo-fuel saver. Last week's C at Dayton had a lot more strategy than it was given credit for.

Anyone know if the Viper will make it in this week's C with minor fuel savings? I seem to recall it was decent on fuel (despite being an 8.3L V10).

lol. "No one likes the tuner here!"

Huh? There is no strat. C a no stop pseudo-fuel saver. Last week's C at Dayton had a lot more strategy than it was given credit for.
But the opportunity to tune more things this week is what I was talking about.....

Back