GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,284 comments
Have been focusing more on Time Trials these days but Gr.3 @ Bathurst does draw me back to Daily C this week. The McLaren is ~0.8s slower than the old physics over a single lap mainly due to the slower corner entries required to not end up in the walls but I would imagine the metas (Supra, RCF) probably gained time over the old physics with their top speed/top end even more enhanced.

2:00.886 was all I managed.

IMG-3252.jpg

Also did 2 races and got a very loaded field for both, with The Kei, Rory and our very own @GOTMAXPOWER - 1st one went horribly wrong when I accidentally bumped a GTR out the chase, slowed down and wait for his recovery just to be turned around by another guy behind, coupled with wall penalties and it was a lonely drive at the back of the field thereafter. Race 2 I was able to keep up with the field, just to get EATEN alive on the straights. Had a few good battles and close encounters with @GOTMAXPOWER and ended up 8th from Q7. Could be worse given my lack of race pace overall.

BBC4-FEB5-92-BA-4-F7-E-BD39-7-CB497-CB268-D.jpg

Have been focusing more on Time Trials these days but Gr.3 @ Bathurst does draw me back to Daily C this week. The McLaren is ~0.8s slower than the old physics over a single lap mainly due to the slower corner entries required to not end up in the walls but I would imagine the metas (Supra, RCF) probably gained time over the old physics with their top speed/top end even more enhanced.

2:00.886 was all I managed.

IMG-3252.jpg

Also did 2 races and got a very loaded field for both, with The Kei, Rory and our very own @GOTMAXPOWER - 1st one went horribly wrong when I accidentally bumped a GTR out the chase, slowed down and wait for his recovery just to be turned around by another guy behind, coupled with wall penalties and it was a lonely drive at the back of the field thereafter. Race 2 I was able to keep up with the field, just to get EATEN alive on the straights. Had a few good battles and close encounters with @GOTMAXPOWER and ended up 8th from Q7. Could be worse given my lack of race pace overall.

BBC4-FEB5-92-BA-4-F7-E-BD39-7-CB497-CB268-D.jpg

That is a great photo, the lighting looks real!

Got it, thanks. No mandatory pitstop, but mandatory tire change. 😄

Also: Wall penalties are absolutely on. They are just not very aggressive, which I think is great.
Just checked back my replay from the 8:30am race, second race of the day. And it does look like they're on in that race, I'd got my act together by then and ran a clean race, unlike my first race and pre-race practice.

What’s up with race A limited to specified car and not open to the kart in your garage? It makes no sense.
Because....PD

But I assume it's to do with making chassis settings the same and that the early patch only fixed very specific parameters in the equations.

Bop not only is it a bit broken, it seems to have some oddities now with what it neutralises and what it lets slip through.

That said for a kart race 🤷‍♂️

@Tidgney Lol, your thumbs down image for Race A made me laugh which is true. PD should have let us picked our own karts from the garage so we could customize them in the Livery section.

I hate I missed the last of the Grand Valley races last night, but I chose to sleep a long period.

I'll be curious to see if this week's Daily Race B favors AWD cars like it did last week, or if there could be a mix of FF cars in there this time, too.

At any rate, could someone explain why AWD cars were popular at Grand Valley last week over FF or FR/MR racers? I'd imagine that it has a lot to do with the course itself, namely how it's roughly an even mix of straights and low-speed corners insofar that AWD was the best option. Whereas I could see a faster course like Monza or the Daytona Road Course could favor FR/MR cars, while a slower, curvier course like Autopolis would better benefit FF cars. Of course, there's also the factor of BoP, and I'd imagine that would help the AWD cars compensate for their typically higher weights.

Last edited:
Back at one of my favourites, Mount Panorama, although as others have said it's not been that long since we were last there!

Ran 3 races in the Genesis X, which drives very well here (but don't tell anyone, or it will become too popular - only saw one more, and he finished just behind me).

First race I started P4, finished P1. Second race I started P7, got rammed down to last, clawed my way back up to P7. Third race I started P8, finished P1 🙂:-

20240902_152405.jpg

20240902_152453.jpg

20240902_162340.jpg

20240902_162445.jpg

Back at one of my favourites, Mount Panorama

Ran 3 races in the Genesis X, which drives very well here (but don't tell anyone, or it will become too popular

Annoyed this is the week I'm on holiday. Love the track, and yes Genesis X would be my first choice car on it! (takes me back to one of the older time trials, the first one I realised "I'm good at this game when I put in the effort" ).

Also my Genesis X livery is SICK and prob my fave custom livery of my entire garage. So I'll have to spam the heck out of this race on Sunday when I get the chance! I don't even care if it's not the Meta, I'll still do it

Bop testing for the sept finals and sept update.

It's only a proper test if you can repeat it with the same results. They have data volume on their side for this stuff
Nah I can't see that being true in my opinion. They have internal BoP testers (3 last time I spoke to anyone about it, 2 of which are super aliens)

Productive evening so far. Got win number 60 on Eiger with the kart. Think I'm going to be quite speedy on Sardegna so will make that the focus now, I'm lacking in Gr4 wins so would love another. The GTR lacks in certain areas but while slightly understeery to me feels stable.

I got a super time of 1'11.412 and I saved the replay in the showcase section, my id is rising_glass1 if anyone wants to look at it as a guide for Eiger. @Rossell2 Wow, amazing you got 60 wins, I have 6 which is okay for me at my level. I am using the GT-R because it's the meta and I found it to be stable in most of the track. I got a 1'30.443 time which I can do a little better than that.

I have to say, I’m pleasantly surprised by race b this week, I do remember this layout and it’ll be quite racy this week, GTRs look to be the car, which put me off GV to be fair, let’s see
I've only done two races, but they were both good racing - mostly GT-Rs, but both won by G70s by about 4 seconds. I was pleased to start and finish 6th in the 458. I might give the NSX a go later - I did well with it here previously but not used it since the update.

Edit/ tried NSX - I was hopeless

Last edited:
Watching @Tidgney weekly guide I noticed that dirty tyres in karts are a visible thing.
Maybe I never paid attention to that (Im not a kart fan) but could this be something related with 1.49 update?
This has always been a thing. It happens on all cars, it's just easier to spot on open wheeled cars. On the SF cars you can see the tires start to blister when they start to wear. It's especially apparent in VR.

I've only done two races, but they were both good racing - mostly GT-Rs, but both won by G70s by about 4 seconds. I was pleased to start and finish 6th in the 458. I might give the NSX a go later - I did well with it here previously but not used it since the update.
The G70 was always my go to so im pleased to hear this.

I’ll try that tomorrow lunch and I was thinking about the Atenza too,

I hit a 1.27.8 in a race today so there’s time to be had in race B - can just about fit in 10mins QT and a race in my break

I might give the G70 a go too, hey we all think alike! That's what's so good about this community, we all help each other out in our daily race quests.

@sturk0167 Well I won't be doing many races if that at Bathurst. Their pit entry sucks apparently. Don't get down about it, you'll get the hang of it. Practice is key for finishing races in the top 5.

If anybody wants to see my race and sixth victory, here it is, I was worried on Laps 4 and 5 because P2 got real close behind me, but I kept my ground in defense mode, and drove on as fast as I could.

Last edited:
Ahhh - I'm happy/ annoyed at myself lol. Did some playing around for over 30 minutes trying to find my best wheel and in-game setup for the Huracan at Sardegna. Fine-tuned to a point where I am happy and consistent and was already 1 tenth faster than my previous PB of 1:26:2, having made some mistakes in the first 2 sectors...

Following lap, I hooked up the car and was 0.4s faster than I was before but I fluffed the final corner (dropped too much speed) so I crossed the line just 0.15s faster and instead of a 1:25:6 I have to be happy with a 1:26:036 😖 🥸

Still not too shabby I guess for just 5 laps on the new setup 😅 Did 2 races, one on both accounts and did well on 2nd account, started P9, dropped to P11 (shoved off) but finished in P7. On main (before new qualy time) I also started in P9, was in P7 but again, shoved out of the way to finish in P9 so could have been worse.

1725317668885.jpeg
1725317676774.jpeg

1725317690900.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm ok with the pit entry and exit - it's the rest of the circuit I'm crap at.
Yeah, I managed to get a lap time in the 2'07.000's, but Bathurst is not my thing, the downhill section is just too chaotic for me, plus the last obstacle before reaching the finish line can be a lap killer, it's right after the long straightway after the Falken walls. I'm just glad I picked up another win this morning.

Last edited:
Back