GT7 Tuning Calculator - Download v3.3 all new cars added!!

I thinking of the next step in the tuning calculator, I have an idea/concept that I think should work great.

Suspension calculator
So the fundamentals of any race car performance tuning is to start with how the car behaves. So I think from some of the data that I have collected and used with this spreadsheet that I can calculate a rough CoG and Roll Centres. Giving me the idea that we can then use a formula to determine the roll rate.

It’s not going to perfect as we are not able the measure everything like in RL but it should give a good base to tune from.

Basically if this works it will then give a F/R ride height offset recommendation, along with recommended ARB rates to start with.

Next step for the gear ratio calculator would be to determine the maximum Tractive force in each gear to give us even better shifting points.

Any thoughts?

Gears are definitely doable but you need to map the dyno curve first. I've done it by ruler, pen and paper then excel but it's laborious. There are graph detection apps that digitise a graph into X,Y for you, if you phone camera snap the dyno chart off the TV. Dunno if the latest excel has anything built in if you could get an image into it. Maybe overlay an excel graph over a dyno picture?

Then after adding the gear ratios etc you can get these (rather pretty looking) cascade graphs. e.g.

1681646053802.png

Roll centres are where angels fear to tread! Might be a proportion of ride height in GT, but best bet is to see if one of the game data guys has data, like for the lever ratios. Same for ARB stiffness.

Camber in previous GT games had a set change upon full compression and full extension. It was something like 2 Deg negative gain on full squat and 2 Deg positive gain on full droop. One of the telemetry APIs has stroke from 0 to 1 I think, showing where the shocker is on its travel. Needs G force telemetry to optimise the choice of camber (which PD unhelpfully deactivated in the tuning menu). The apps might have a g meter though. Then it's a question of balancing camber for pure cornering needs Vs brakes and accel.

Still enjoying creating tunes with your calculator - forces me to be more involved and experimental. The LSD tab didn’t pick up the 4wd for the F-150 SVT Raptor '11

Attachments

• C7AC475D-6538-4FCF-8C17-3B9BAAC8538C.png
    C7AC475D-6538-4FCF-8C17-3B9BAAC8538C.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 25
Still enjoying creating tunes with your calculator - forces me to be more involved and experimental. The LSD tab didn’t pick up the 4wd for the F-150 SVT Raptor '11

I’ll get an update done asap, I think it’s the same with the escudo as well

I've got my head round the gearing stuff now, very useful especially for some of the more edgy GT3 cars like the Lambo and Audi that are very sensitive to the rotation going down the gears can cause.

Purchased the tuner and done a few. My suggestion - as the info in Gt is not so organized, just put all the input params on the first page and link them to the individual cells on each of the tabs, include the car as well.

Set it so the cells are easily copy/pasted as one selection so can quickly save/repaste various setup baselines into some sheets we can add to the book for our own convenience.

But nice work so far - thx!

Hi RS60NR,

Thanks for the purchase and the feedback, I have thought about doing this. It might make it easier to use but on the flip side it might make it a pain to use as well.

Does anyone else think that this will benefit the ease of use?

As for copy and pasting, it would make sense to be able to copy the setup for sure, it could include the car also.

I’ll have a play around and see what it looks like.

Thanks

Something like that might be easier to get started but could make fine tuning a pain if we keep having to go back and forth between tabs just to adjust the input values.
yeah i can see that point. The other issues behind my suggestion were 1) managing multiple setups for lots of cars and 2) how to handle updates to the calc file

right now its either overwrite the values or save multiple files, one for each car. Doable but can be a bit of a hassle depending on where you are running it as it depends on file system

But how to handle updates? If the calc file changes, now I’ve got a bunch of copies to update (if I want future tweeks), by re-entering all the values, doesn’t scale well. But keeping the data on additional tabs in the workbook is a bit easier - its pretty easy to copy sheets between workbooks, so the collection of setup inputs stays in one place and just re-pasting the block of values is not as painful as managing multiple files with inputs on mutliple tabs imo

If this were to become an app, the database structure could handle this better and the UI could be optimized, but if its going to stay in excel there are limits - so where do we want to minimize the hassle - input, mgmt, tweeking? I see more time spent on the first two by me

I understand what you are trying to achieve here, but it was never meant for storing a database of tunes. Its purely for initial setup and your setting sheets in game to store the actual tune.

Your not going to be able to copy the sheets Im fairly sure I locked the file to avoid copying and tampering with the formulas.

when this does progress to an app or web app there will most definately be a more streamlined UI along with more complex features, I’m already working on incorporating a plot digitizer, which will enable us to snapshot the dyno graph and plot the torque curve fairly accurately so that Tractive Force and gearing can really be fine tuned, probably way over the top for a sim racing game! 😆

The GT powered focus is awesome, I kept it stock weight and power, just tuned the setup with the calc and it performs great at Le Mans!

Anyone got any good tunes they have done with this calculator yet? Be good to hear some of your feedback now we are just over a month from initial release…

Hey Winnipopper5,

When you purchase the calculator you should fill in your email address, you will then get email with every update that is released, if you did not input your email address when you purchased, send me your email address and order number privately and I’ll see if I can amend the system.
Awesome thanks, I’ll check my email

Hey Winnipopper5,

When you purchase the calculator you should fill in your email address, you will then get email with every update that is released, if you did not input your email address when you purchased, send me your email address and order number privately and I’ll see if I can amend the system.
Actually, I got it initially, the download, as a text message to my phone but if you need my email, is there a way to send it privately or it doesn’t matter?

I have developed a tuning calculator for gt7, spring rate, dampers, gear ratios and LSD setup are all automatically calculated. If you would like to download a copy please see bottom of this post Or in my signature.
Any questions are welcome. Please note all updates to this calculator are part of your initial purchase. Remember to sign up with your email to receive the latest updates when they are released. If we get enough supporters this will eventually migrate to an iOS and android app.

And for anyone interested in the equations: it takes into account suspension travel, force applied under load, lever ratio and without giving away too much the following formula is applied; K = Spring Rate in N/m.
1/2piSqrt(K/M)
It works on a table of every car in GT7 so that when a car is selected, the drivetrain type automatically is picked up for the un sprung weight calculation.

Give the free trial a go on the website, it’s obviously only part of the full downloadable premium version but it gives you a feel for it.

Now on V1.5
www.gt7tuningcalculator.co.uk
20230423_124854.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m working on the rework of the gear ratio calculator, thinking about this very simply, all we need is a minimum corner speed and a fastest straight speed. Working out ratios for the closest gearing as possible…

It is clear the RPM max torque is not as efficient/user friendly as it should be, some cars just don’t like this. I’ll be releasing an update soon with this implemented.

Anyone got any good tunes they have done with this calculator yet? Be good to hear some of your feedback now we are just over a month from initial release…
Thank you for your work hookedonturbo. Calculator works fine, produces stable base tune.

Here you go. Slightly modified Calculator Tune. Good for GT4 Races, without being overpoverd.

Widebody: yes
Wheels: 18" Wide and offset
BRZ-S21_01.jpg
BRZ-S21_02.jpg
BRZ-S21_03.jpg

Back