GTAV - General Off Road Discussion | LS 4x4 Crew

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 3,098 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think your talking about the Rocato by Obey:
photo_zps93ee7821.jpg

Oh yes I think that's the one. Thank you! If you find one, try it offroad. Looks similar to a Cayenne IMO.

That picture doesn't do it justice. Whenever I see one in game I think Porsche. I've tried it off line a few times, it performs off road much like the Baller 2. Rocato and Baller 2 are the two best handling stock-looking off roaders IMO.

Looks more the front of the Jag SUV Concept..
This thing is clearly 100% modeled after they Cayenne.

photo_zps93ee7821.jpg

2dgjn8o.jpg

That picture doesn't do it justice. Whenever I see one in game I think Porsche. I've tried it off line a few times, it performs off road much like the Baller 2. Rocato and Baller 2 are the two best handling stock-looking off roaders IMO.
Exactly.

Once the we get the stimulus package, I'm finding an apartment with a 10 car garage so I can get a Range Rover back in my collection.

Mudd
Even selling it at 9k, it makes that mission a great payer. If four people are in, only one of you need to fly the plane, the others can steal and sell a Mesa each, making the total pay $19k. Do the mission twice and everyone makes a minimum of $29k. Without spoiling the mission, if you've done it a couple times, it's a pretty simple one to develop a pattern with.

Can you invite me to this one shortly?

Anyone up for a offroading expedition today?

I'm up for it as long as it's not to close to 7pm GMT as I need to be on GT5 by then for my GTP racing series debut in the BTCC Integra Cup.

Can you invite me to this one shortly?

To be honest, I've never pulled it up. I've had a couple different friends set the mission up for me each time I've done it. I literally just asked over the mic "Anyone got the Titan mission ready to go?" and instantly got invited every time, lol. Think I've done it four or five times now. Next time I see it I'll be sure to invite you though.

Sweet! Add me if you haven't yet. I'll avoid deep river crossings, since it will turn in Cannonballs and human Kayaking.

My office PC won't let me see the pics. :( Do I have to make Los Santos 4x4's my active crew for you to see my pics on Social Club?
Nope. Also, use the multi quote feature instead of triple posting.
This is why I like my Evoque better.... I told you, but you didn't believe me...

Nothing will make it up those without some bumping and scraping. Nothing.

I rather enjoy the scraping noises. :D Thats how it sounds IRL, and I have a real "Off Road Mesa" to verify that with. :P

InAction.jpg

Another option for getting the Mesa Off Road:

Have someone call a Merry Weather Mercenary Strike on you. Stay close to your garage. Have full body armor and a good weapon. Take out the first four guys that come in a Mesa Off Road. Steal that thing and hustle it into your Garage.

Viola! ;)

Climbing steep hills:

Also for those having issues getting a vehicle up steep inclines. We've tested almost every Truck and SUV. The two best at pure grip and climbing are Dubsta and Rebel Off Road (Clean: this is a V8 and really grips with grunt)

The Rusty Rebel doesn't seem to be as formidable. Either lack of power or grip. I'm convinced it's modeled different then the clean.

Last edited:
Finally got a Merryweather Mesa!

I got invited to the 'steal 2 helicopters from the docks' mission, saw that there were a few big ol' mesa's just sitting around, and took one. Yay!

Lol, hadn't noticed that there was a swb available. Oh well, something to look forward to once I have a garage.

Lol, I noticed now that my car in online mode IS the SWB version. I feel a bit stupid now :dunce:

I went upriver to the dam. I then decided to rob an armored truck and this was the death of the car.

You get up to the damn and come back in the river your truck will stall out and be toast. Tried three different ones as well Trevor's offline and it stalled too. Strange as two of them were tall enough to not be bothered. One had a snorkel.

:/

Another option for getting the Mesa Off Road:

Have someone call a Merry Weather Mercenary Strike on you. Stay close to your garage. Have full body armor and a good weapon. Take out the first four guys that come in a Mesa Off Road. Steal that thing and hustle it into your Garage.

We have already Discussed this on this thread. :\

We have already Discussed this on this thread. :\

Sorry. I don't follow every post. Try to keep.

Besides lots of info gets buried and will be rehashed in long threads.

Anyway back to cool stuff:

My new favorite Off Roader with the skid plate and rock crawling bumper:
10330661843_e9ae91ec39_o.jpg
10330661823_862a0fd685_o.jpg

My other favorite no bumper but has KC lights. Also lowered it. Geared more for trail riding and climbing smooth slopes.
10330662143_f00f57b352_o.jpg

I see the GTPLANET crew was having a night out at the club. Real cute outfits guys. ;)
10330469316_c106cfbb61_o.jpg

Not 4x4 but built this for my buddy. We like to just cruise around in it. Such a suiting car for the Off Road type. Burt Reynolds Style. It's swapped to a shaker hood now:
10330469026_7efd4ecec1_o.jpg

Last edited:
Added those places I had trouble with last night to the maps, marked as X10 and in the middle of the map. Just look for the red lines. :P

TheKitten
Let me get this Straight for Both of you...

SWB [Shorter Wheelbase][2 Door]

XL [Longer Wheelbase][4 Door]

Not to me, dude. ;)

I know them already.

TheKitten
This is why I like my Evoque better.... I told you, but you didn't believe me...

I like that SUV, too, along with the Gresley.

Hey guys, been really wanting to go wheeling with some cool people in this game, I stumbled upon this forum and had to register. I also joined the crew and
I'm on PSN (BigFluff68x). Would really love to get a big group and run trails and get pictures. I've got a Canis Mesa offroad.
image.jpg

Has anyone decided what the best mechanical mods are for climbing in the Mesa Off-Road? I spent today starting setup on "Mt Chiliad 4WD Club". I would love to be able to join you guys, unfortunately I'm on Xbox. I've started working on the BeeJay and the Dubster to see how well they'll do. I found that the cage on the Mesa works well against rock walls at low speed. I came out of a passage without a scratch. It was too steep to stop and take a pic. I'm continuing to build and test as money permits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back