GTAV - General Off Road Discussion | LS 4x4 Crew

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 3,098 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
What vehicle are you guys using to get the "clean" variant of the Rebel to spawn? I can't seem to get it to spawn. Every one I see are rusty/faded.
I just want a nice clean Toyota Hilux to do some casual offroading in (simple trails, beach runs, etc.)

Found out, i joined the wrong crew xD

For anyone who's not sure of what crew to join, look for this emblem
emblem_64.png

If you get in a Rebel and drive around up by Trever's 1st safehouse you should see one. It spawns at random and has a few variants. I've heard not only is this effected by what you're driving, but what day it is also. I can't confirm this.

I had trouble finding a rusty Rebel, was stuck with a clean one for quite a while. Lol. To find the one I wanted, I just kept checking Sandy Shores inbetween missions. I think doing a mission helps to change the vehicle selections.

Also found Off Road Mesa's in two more missions last night. The first, "Base Invaders", may be difficult to get away with one, there was too much going on for me to even try. The second mission, I think was called "Dry Docking", you have to crack a safe then make a getaway in a speed boat. As I ran towards the boat, I caught a glimpse of two Mesa's parked to the left of the dock. I sent my crew to the boat and grabbed myself a hard-top Mesa and was easily able to escape with it.

As far as mods for off roading, I think with/without turbo needs to be tested, and each trans mod should also be tested one at a time. Stage 4 engine is a give in, and lowering it would effect ground clearance negatively. I'll try to get some transmission testing done this weekend.

I have the 3rd option for transmission in my Off Road Mesa. I found the others liked to "hunt" between gears on slow trails and it was annoying. 3rd one seems to work the best.

XxDISMEMBEREDxX
If you get in a Rebel and drive around up by Trever's 1st safehouse you should see one. It spawns at random and has a few variants. I've heard not only is this effected by what you're driving, but what day it is also. I can't confirm this.

See what?

Mudd
I had trouble finding a rusty Rebel, was stuck with a clean one for quite a while. Lol. To find the one I wanted, I just kept checking Sandy Shores inbetween missions. I think doing a mission helps to change the vehicle selections.

I hate the fact that some vehicles are hard to find.

I'm looking for a Gresley but up to now, I still haven't find any yet.

Was hoping to do some group off roading tonight, but PSN seems to be having problems in my area. Can't sign in, keep getting error code. Disappointing. :(

Sorry, ZDUPH is looking for a clean Rebel. I should've quoted his question.

I managed to find one...right next to the clean BF Surfer spawn location. I had no clue it was a clean one when I was hunting for the Surfer, and completely disregarded it.
Anyway here she is. I'm thinking of a different color though...
0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

And a few pics of a friend and I after scaling a massive mountainside. The Mesa is mine, the Sandking is his.
0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Glad to hear you found your Rebel ZDUPH! I ended up with three Mesas after one cloned itself in my garage... ? Been messing with transmisssions and turbos. It does do better without the turbo, R1600 was correct IMO. I ran the race trans and went back to stock tires. In my mind taller tires, more torque. R*... probably not. I have one with the sports trans I'll test tomorrow.

I was driving around Rockford Hills in a Land Rover earlier and they were everywhere.

Thx! I really hope R* does do some sort of off-road add-on. Would be a waste of all that back country not to. 4WD fix, more off-road mods. The Grand Cherokee was the 1st SUV I stole in story mode. Couldn't believe there was nothing for it. I had one IRL several years ago... beast.

How did you acquire this vehicle

In an invite only session, pause and go to Online > Jobs > Host > Rockstar created > Missions > Dirt Road. Once the mission starts, go to the dirt road to the left of you. The Bodhi should be parked a good 50 or so feet down the road. Drive it to your garage during the mission, and once you have it stored in your garage, pull your phone up, go to Jobs, and hit square/X (PS3/XBOX 360 respectively) to cancel out the mission.
You now have a Bodhi!
Or you could just watch this since my explanation skills suck :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back