GTAV - General Off Road Discussion | LS 4x4 Crew

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 3,098 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I stumbled across this wonderful thread a few days ago, and now I'm realizing most of you are on PSN, and I'm only on XBL :/

Anyway I have a Mesa off-road and a rusty Rebel I'd like to do some climbing in. I found one of the medium trails the other day and got up in the Mesa fairly easily. Then I get stuck in a tree up near the lookout of mt. Chiliad.

dougdebonet
So I stumbled across this wonderful thread a few days ago, and now I'm realizing most of you are on PSN, and I'm only on XBL :/

Anyway I have a Mesa off-road and a rusty Rebel I'd like to do some climbing in. I found one of the medium trails the other day and got up in the Mesa fairly easily. Then I get stuck in a tree up near the lookout of mt. Chiliad.

I'm sure someone else on XBL posted on here for an offroading crew, try and find it.

Let me know if you find it, I'm on XBL as well.

Just started GTA Online though need to get a garage & a truck, my mic just broke too :ill: .

Add me anyway we can do some crawlin', ( xkaligrownx on XBL).

I'm currently working on reviewing all the 4x4 trucks in the game and will have them up starting this week. Also going to revise the rating on a couple trails.

Had a good time wheelin' with Subar earlier, although I've noticed that we are easily distracted. Lol. The big Sandking that followed us was Titus, he's a fellow GTP'er so don't be afraid to add him. I followed RT's recommendation with the Mesa transmission and it worked very well, that rig is as good as it gets. Now I'm gonna start saving up and building a pair of Rebels, one dirty and one clean. Still haven't been able to gather up more then 2 or 3 off roaders at a time, really want to experience a full room of us. We're gonna have to set that up soon.

I've been putting it off because it would be nice to have a lot of mods available for us to make our vehicles the way we want before a meet, and some mods take forever to unlock.

Also, found another trail that's not on the map. Goes up the south east side of Chiliad and then fades out about half way up.

Yea, I really like the final bed conversion for the dirty Rebel, makes it look like a real rock-crawler, but it doesn't unlock until level 60 or so. That's the only reason I'm building a clean Rebel to occupy my time until it unlocks. :D

How to get Trevor's truck:

http://youtu.be/xcP3Bmf2fow

Take a look at the previous page. :P
In an invite only session, pause and go to Online > Jobs > Host > Rockstar created > Missions > Dirt Road. Once the mission starts, go to the dirt road to the left of you. The Bodhi should be parked a good 50 or so feet down the road. Drive it to your garage during the mission, and once you have it stored in your garage, pull your phone up, go to Jobs, and hit square/X (PS3/XBOX 360 respectively) to cancel out the mission.
You now have a Bodhi!
Or you could just watch this since my explanation skills suck :lol:

Has anyone else noticed that the Benefactor Serrano has 4WD, but with more of a 90-10 split instead of a 10-90 or 50-50 split?

Has anyone else noticed that the Benefactor Serrano has 4WD, but with more of a 90-10 split instead of a 10-90 or 50-50 split?

The Vapid Minivan seems to have a decent AWD system, albeit held back by the transmission's tendency to let the car get bogged down up grades and the lack of power in general. Maybe the system's biased to one set of wheels more than the other like the Serrano. It can kick ass up hills if you've got enough momentum, though.

Is it just me, or is the standard Canis Mesa only 2WD? Shows no front differential, and when you do the 4WD test against a tree or something, it only spins the rear wheels...

Also:

0_0.jpg

Last edited:
R1600Turbo
Is it just me, or is the standard Canis Mesa only 2WD? Shows no front differential, and when you do the 4WD test against a tree or something, it only spins the rear wheels...

Also:

Might be.

Best to inform Rockstar about this but you already did. I'm hoping that they will fix those for the offroad cars.

I think that one was meant to only be 2WD for some reason. And the other Jeep (Cherokee) is horrible off road, just FYI. :lol:

What about the Gresley and Baller?

Those 2 are damn good and sporty looking SUVs, which I think are also capable in offroading.

What about the Gresley and Baller?

Those 2 are damn good and sporty looking SUVs, which I think are also capable in offroading.

I've only tested the Baller so far and, despite it's small fender clearance, went over Chiliad with little issues.

From my notes:

Armor Upgrade 100%, Race Brakes, EMS Upgrade Level 4, Sports Transmission, Mil Spec Steelie Offroad Wheels, Atomic All Terrain Radial Tires

Plus a few cosmetic mods that don't help performance.

I wonder if the custom tires is just a mere cosmetic or if it does show an add to traction or what more.

Seems an appropriate place to ask this question.

Does the "clean" Rebel 4x4 have less customization options compared to the rusty one? Most notably, the Dakar/Pre-runner mods.

As for the off-road tires making a difference: Not that I've noticed, but I only tried that with my Sultan RS.

The Bobcat XL is an odd truck. The ground clearance is crap, but it seems to have quite a bit of torque and grip for such a large and heavy truck.
0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

It can climb a steep grade pretty good as long as you're easy with the throttle.

Seems an appropriate place to ask this question.

Does the "clean" Rebel 4x4 have less customization options compared to the rusty one? Most notably, the Dakar/Pre-runner mods.
And yes, for some reason the Clean Rebel has no parts like the dirty one does. I've noticed a few dirty/clean variations are like that.

Then I'll keep the dirty one. I'm more interested in the mods for that truck than I am over having it clean.

I wonder if the custom tires is just a mere cosmetic or if it does show an add to traction or what more.
I've been trying to figure that out too. From what I've seen experimenting with the Rancher, off road tires only work well literally off road. I mean no trails, nothing with hard ground. I was able to traverse any trail easier with SUV tires than stock or off road. What I would do is drive the Rancher up Chilliad, drive it back down, change the tires and go again. The Rancher seemed to pull up hills much easier with SUV tires. Off trail, like I said off road tires worked best. After finding this out I changed the tires on my Sandking to SUV tires and it does better on trails now too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back