GTAV - General Off Road Discussion | LS 4x4 Crew

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 3,098 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
R1600Turbo
Tried for almost an hour trying to get that one to spawn for me, no-go yet.

Here's the Gresley I tested.

Okay, nice paint.

Aside from the wheels, are the others stock?

R1600Turbo
All the other cars I tested? Most have power/transmission upgrades, and that's about it.

I meant to say about the Gresley.

Is it stock, other than the wheels?

Armor Upgrade 100%, Race Brakes, EMS Upgrade Level 4, Dual Exit Exhaust, Sports Transmission, Challenger Offroad wheels, Atomic All Terrain Radial Tires

I've been intentionally knocking the doors off my Mesa by using a light pole and two other players. You need someone to sit in the passenger seat to get the rear passenger side door off. The driver door can be done by tapping reverse quickly after getting in so your player doesn't shut it right away. I just think it looks cool and if done carefully it won't cause extra body damage. Of course this serves no benifit to the vehicle. :)

Last edited:
R16T, once you test the Baller's (Evoque/Sport) offroading capabilities, tell me how it pars with the Gresley. More or less, it could be the same. Otherwise, it's better or worse than the Gresley.

I've been intentionally knocking the doors off my Mesa by using a light pole and two other players. You need someone to sit in the passenger seat to get the rear passenger side door off. The driver door can be done by tapping reverse quickly after getting in so your player doesn't shut it right away. I just think it looks cool and if done carefully it won't cause extra body damage. Of course this serves no benifit to the vehicle. :)

Lol. I've been doing that ever since the Mesa in San Andreas. Every time I get in one without a roof, doors off. :D

If I put together a simple website using the Google free website service, detailing all of the trails listed on the map would you guys get use out of it or would it be a waste of time? :P

If I put together a simple website using the Google free website service, detailing all of the trails listed on the map would you guys get use out of it or would it be a waste of time? :P
Sounds like a great idea.

if i put together a simple website using the google free website service, detailing all of the trails listed on the map would you guys get use out of it or would it be a waste of time? :P

DO IT. That would be sweet.

First thing I need to do is see if the trails actually have names. If not, will have to figure out a way to name them.

That's probably what I will fall back on, but real names would be nice if they are available. Each trail page would be accompanied by a map of where it's at, so not like everyone would have to remember the names. :)

Absolutely! Your effort is much appreciated. :)

Let me know if you find it, I'm on XBL as well.

Just started GTA Online though need to get a garage & a truck, my mic just broke too :ill: .

Add me anyway we can do some crawlin', ( xkaligrownx on XBL).

I sent you a FR on XBL. We have a club that we just started "Blaine Co Off Road". Send me a FR and a club request on R* Social Club.

Last edited:
I'm noticing a pattern in my online garage...

photo_zps71223f4c.jpg
:cool:

^ My online garage looks quite similar. All offroad or rally vehicles.

dmqqso.jpg

Tested and found that it was only 2WD...
I tested this again last night and you are correct. This truck is only 2wd but it climbs better than most of the 4x4 vehicles in the game. Plus you can put people in the back as long as they crouch down (click left analog stick).

I'm sorry but are there two of those power wagon looking trucks? Because mine is just as bad off road as the Sandking. Which is why I'm confused. Most of the vehicles people say are good off road I find I agree with. However, there are more than a few people that say the power wagon thing (sorry I keep forgetting the name) is great off road but in my experience it's terrible. It can't climb steep hills, it can't rock crawl, it's just as bad as other 2WD off road vehicles like the Sandking, it's snorkel isn't functional, etc.

XS
I'm sorry but are there two of those power wagon looking trucks? Because mine is just as bad off road as the Sandking. Which is why I'm confused. Most of the vehicles people say are good off road I find I agree with. However, there are more than a few people that say the power wagon thing (sorry I keep forgetting the name) is great off road but in my experience it's terrible. It can't climb steep hills, it can't rock crawl, it's just as bad as other 2WD off road vehicles like the Sandking, it's snorkel isn't functional, etc.
The power wagon truck requires throttle control. But for 2WD it is very very good offroad. WAY better than the sandking by a longshot. IMO. I personally think the sandking sucks offroad. It looks cool and can be fun for some offroad but the sandking is not good at climbing steep hills or rock climbing. IMO.

Also no snorkel in the game is functional. You get about 2-3 seconds under water if you are moving fast and then you can come back out. But if you move slow, it stalls once the water hits the engine.

The Evoque/Baller 2 is good off road! Rock crawling isn't its strong suit, but it can dominate hills! As for the Duneloader, I use throttle modulation. I just creep with it, like usual, but it still breaks the rear tires loose. Hmm, is yours stock performance wise Camaroboy? Maybe that's part of my problem. I have all the performance upgrades so maybe that's making it easier for my Duneloader to lose traction.

XS
The Evoque/Baller 2 is good off road! Rock crawling isn't its strong suit, but it can dominate hills! As for the Duneloader, I use throttle modulation. I just creep with it, like usual, but it still breaks the rear tires loose. Hmm, is yours stock performance wise Camaroboy? Maybe that's part of my problem. I have all the performance upgrades so maybe that's making it easier for my Duneloader to lose traction.
Oh no my Duneloader is nowhere near stock. I fully upgraded it as soon as I pulled it into my garage. I never tested it stock. I have several engine upgrades and the turbo. Along with the transmission upgrade.

Which reminds me I noticed I unlocked the pink guns at level 50 (currently level 55) so I spent well over $60,000 last night upgrading all my guns to pink.

Sandking is crap. My stock Evoque is 3x Better :D.

D:
Don't insult my Sandking. Even though it can't climb an anthill it can run over cars, so it's a fair trade.

Also, has anyone found one of the F100 Tow Trucks online? I want one in the worst way so I can have something as close as possible to my real truck.

gtuned
D:
Don't insult my Sandking. Even though it can't climb an anthill it can run over cars, so it's a fair trade.

Also, has anyone found one of the F100 Tow Trucks online? I want one in the worst way so I can have something as close as possible to my real truck.

No, Ive asked a million times, it deffinatley doesn't spawn online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back