GTAV - General Off Road Discussion | LS 4x4 Crew

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 3,098 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love my Gresley. Would use that as an off-road vehicle. An alternative to that is my brown Baller (Evoque/Sport).

https://sites.google.com/site/lossantos4x4/

Lots of updates. Feel free to browse around. :)

It is easier to follow the trail guide with the text side by side with the pics. 👍

I found a good downhill rock crawl that requires you to maintain almost a 45° angle in two spots. It's a wash between the center and right fork of the M6 in Raton Canyon. If you stay to the left it will bring you out at the E2 on the river's southern bank. There is some rubbing involved but if you go slow you'll make it down without any visible damage. It's pretty short but I have a blast doing it. With the cage on the Mesa body damage isn't an issue.

Anyone online like right now? Looking to take X10 Route down to D9. Then tackling D9 Route of Mount Josiah.

Accepted. If anyone on here goes by "Muddcrutch" every time I try to accept your invite it gives an error. :confused:

I just got a Merryweather Mesa online, so will be setting stuff up for a meet next weekend. :)

I just got a Merryweather Mesa online, so will be setting stuff up for a meet next weekend. :)

Would you like a Canis Bodhi to add to your garage as well? I can help you fetch one online since I know what mission it's in. Let me know if I can be of service. 👍

To get a Merryweather Mesa, do I just call them in, steal the truck, and drive away? Or do I need to do other things?

To get a Merryweather Mesa, do I just call them in, steal the truck, and drive away? Or do I need to do other things?

You need to have another person to call mercenaries on as well. :)
Once they arrive, quickly steal the truck and drive it to your garage. Be careful, they are armed with Combat Pistols.

You need to have another person to call mercenaries on as well. :)
Once they arrive, quickly steal the truck and drive it to your garage. Be careful, they are armed with Combat Pistols.

So, I call them in, then a friend calls them in, then I steal the friend's guards' truck?

Haven't been on GTP in ages! Was actually googling how to change the Mesa's wheel colour, for confirmation on if it was possible. I got bored of the tan and figured there had to be a way to switch it up! Quick google search sent me here, where you guys have an awesome thing going! I requested to join your crew, feel free to take a peek at my snapmatic photos if you'd like! I have some shots of my Mesa in there that i'm pretty proud of. (Social Club ID is the same as my username on here) Would love to catch a few trails with you folks! I'll check back in here daily now that i'm aware of the club and such, see you soon!

0_0.jpg

I took this picture just incase someone wanted to compare the two in stock form in terms of height and clearance.

Oh, maybe for testing to put on the site but don't personally want one.

Edit: Was testing this last night. Anyone have confirmation that it's 4WD? It failed the pole test and if you hold the e-brake and dump it, only the rear wheels spin. But while off roading if it lifts a front tire off the ground it spins in the air.

0_0.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the "pole test" entails, but to check for 4WD, the most conclusive test I've found is to plunk the front wheels over a curbed ledge and see if I can spin them both ways while the rears smoke. My previous garage in east Los Santos had a ramp right outside the door for that.

Just got a Merryweather Mesa, courtesy of ZDUPH (aka JeepXJfreak98). I am looking forward to off-roading with you guys now.

AFAIK, the Bison is suppose to be 4WD, as it's indicated on the tailgate, but all the ones I've found haven't been so.

I'll see if I can make it, but I'll post the info anyway:

GTP Name: CallmeDan
PSN Name: CallmeDan_
Vehicle Name: Merryweather Mesa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back