GTAV - General Off Road Discussion | LS 4x4 Crew

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 3,098 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you stay near the military base for a while, the Crusader might start spawning on Route 68 outside of the base entrance, and on the highway on the west side of the base. If you're able to steal one, you can try parking it in your garage.
I was actually playing in the river next to the base with my Sandking when one just drove up to me. I had no wanted level, the AI made some comment and then I ejected him from the Mesa Crusader with my auto-shotty. I outran the wanted level easy enough and was planning on trying to get it into my garage when I got distracted with some steep hill climbing and accidentally destroyed it.

I'll have to try it again to find out. I was in open free roam and some randoms had attacked the base when I stole the first one. I imagine an easy way to steal one would be to have a friend shoot a guard and just run around outside the base for a couple minutes until one comes by.

Keep in mind guys you'll want some ground clearance with this trail. And the standard Mesa is 2WD...
You are absolutely right, which is why I got this instead:
0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Insured AND 4WD. I'm ready. :)

ZDUPH, did you buy that or can it be stolen and kept?

Just noticed the bulldozer behind it. Lol

Edit: Nevermind, just saw your post in the other thread. That answers my question.

Last edited:
I'll have a go at this.

GTP: Doog
PSN: Dooglers8
Vehicle: Dubsta

Should or will?

Should comes across as "they probably don't know about the issue, so it's going to get overlooked".
Oops, sorry for that.

I'm having difficulties in typing right now, especially that my phone is slow and the site is refreshed.

Last edited:
Ok, I got ahold of a Military Crusader and managed to get it into my garage (with a little help from YouTube). It's cool looking and is as capable as any of the stock low clearance 4x4,s, but I'm glad I didn't spend the money on it. It's very slow and has zero options for upgrades in L.S. Customs. I was able to add a tracker and insure it, but that's all. If you enjoy the 'stock vehicle' feel on the trail, then it's a great 4x4. If your looking to run with the heavily modded rigs, you'll be disappointed with it. I think I'll hang on to it and at least get a few trail rides out of it, but it will eventually get replaced with something shiny. :P

Ok, I got ahold of a Military Crusader and managed to get it into my garage (with a little help from YouTube). It's cool looking and is as capable as any of the stock low clearance 4x4,s, but I'm glad I didn't spend the money on it. It's very slow and has zero options for upgrades in L.S. Customs. I was able to add a tracker and insure it, but that's all. If you enjoy the 'stock vehicle' feel on the trail, then it's a great 4x4. If your looking to run with the heavily modded rigs, you'll be disappointed with it. I think I'll hang on to it and at least get a few trail rides out of it, but it will eventually get replaced with something shiny. :P
Are you online right now? If so, wanna do a practice run of Sunday's trails?

finally got a garage to put my cars :)
GTP: TripleA5
PSN: tripleA5
Vehicule: Mammoth Patriot (until i find a Rancher xl)

I don't, that would be nice though. I do encourage everyone to take lots of photos. :)

Hopefully I can get my mic to work.

Guided a some friends to the top of Chiliad last night. Actually made a couple trips up and down.

A selfie with my 'Ole Dirty Rebel':

photo4_zps069ba666.jpg

Up the mountain again with my Mesa:

photo3_zpsaf91ecf6.jpg

Took a break for a scenic view:

photo2_zpsee631c06.jpg

It was the first time up Chiliad for one of my buddies, he was quite impressed, caught him posing for a selfie:

photo1_zps2134254e.jpg

Great thread and thankyou r1600Turbo for the trail map, brilliant. For those (anyone?) who haven't got the off road Mesa from the wrap up mission yet?, you can get both the hard and open top versions by grabbing one driving it about 50 metres down the road (don't go to far), run back grab another and drive that about the same distance past the first car and simply repeat all the way back to Michaels house. Put one in the garage and drive the other to the end of the mission and hey presto both Mesas :-)

Cheers mate. Can't wait until Sunday. :)
I know this was asked a few pages back, but does anyone have a capture card to record us?
I use to have one, I could get another one for future meet ups, I won't be able to make it on Sunday because of work.

I use to have one, I could get another one for future meet ups, I won't be able to make it on Sunday because of work.
That would be awesome if you could. I might try to get one too, since I might be starting a "Cars Of GTA V" series where I'll review the cars in the game and such. ;)

RT when about would this be time wise on Sunday? I have a Mesa, Rebel and Bodhi to choose from :P.

Guided a some friends to the top of Chiliad last night. Actually made a couple trips up and down.

A selfie with my 'Ole Dirty Rebel':

photo4_zps069ba666.jpg

Up the mountain again with my Mesa:

photo3_zpsaf91ecf6.jpg

Took a break for a scenic view:

photo2_zpsee631c06.jpg

It was the first time up Chiliad for one of my buddies, he was quite impressed, caught him posing for a selfie:

photo1_zps2134254e.jpg
Where's the one that you used to get up there?

I hate to be annoying R1600, but I accidentally replaced my Crusader, and I can't be bothered to get another one. Can you update my vehicle to Bravado Bison please? Thanks. :)

I'll fix it later.

Really wish there was a Vapid Sadler in the game without the stupid running boards on the sides. :grumpy:

That would be awesome if you could. I might try to get one too, since I might be starting a "Cars Of GTA V" series where I'll review the cars in the game and such. ;)
We could grab helicopters and get great cinematic shots of the cars and trucks going up the mountain side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back