GTAV - General Off Road Discussion | LS 4x4 Crew

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 3,098 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright guys, just a few notes:

- Let's try and refrain from messing with the Cops, etc while we wait for people to show up. Not sure if anyone else agrees, but I look forward to these meets to get away from that stuff. Wait times from now on will be 15 minutes, not 30.
- If crawling up or down a trail at realistic speeds is too boring for you, you might want to think about doing something else.

With that said, Pics! (some very similar to ones already posted)

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

A suggestion to help keep us occupied while we wait at the meeting spot: We should find a meeting point with some rock formations or short cliffs to climb. Then we wouldn't be tempted to blow stuff up. :D

A few more pics from Sunday's meetup
0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

I had a fantastic time. Definitely can't wait until next meetup. I sold my Bison and will hunt for a new offroader today.

The Rebel is one of my favorite offroad vehicles next to the Mesa. I am just surprised the front and upper lights don't work on the Rebel. They work on the mesa. And it visually makes a huge difference at night.

My pics from the meet:

10677719275_869bcd87b8_o.jpg
10677781714_0f61c72d90_o.jpg

10677781784_dd24241b1f_o.jpg

10677719435_da0c0bec75_o.jpg

10677974913_f3897903e1_o.jpg

10677974903_c4b47938b9_o.jpg

Some personal pics:

New toy-

10677719025_bf02c6fe5c_o.jpg

Thought this looked cool shot up-
10677974973_8a0c1d7461_o.jpg

Rearranged my garage-
10677781464_0852da7c18_o.jpg

The big Mesa is definitely my favorite but that's because I'm a Jeep guy. I only switched to the Rebel because of unlocking that sandrail mod. It looks too cool, IMO. I've been along side of a rig like that on the IRL trails and I was always jealous of how far they could push it. Just have the next rig in line roll 'em back over on their wheels. Awesome stuff!

Anyone game for some trail blazing this evening?

Also come up with an idea for some after trail riding fun.

Tough Truck Contests:

Jumping and tricks
Nose to nose push
Worst Most Damage
Crash up derby
Extreme Hill Climbs

Last edited:
That's stuff you guys can do after I log out. :)

Def after we do our serious sim style trail rides. Which I really enjoy. Try to treat my truck like real and preserve it as well myself.

Figured it be a good time to have some hoonigan stuff for those that are into that.

Beauty of virtual machines. Beat them up. Drive into LSC and their new again. LoL

Oh the cops before. I tried to be nice and jump in cop cars and turn off sirens. Got a wanted level. Ugggh. Should of left it alone.

A friend of mine at a lower level with limited funds asked me which 4x4 to sink his money in to. I invited him to test drive my garage collection (80% 4x4). I pull my Rebel out and, as usual, remove the doors. Then I hand it over to him while I hop in the passenger seat. As we are trail riding, I notice the doors respawning and falling off. I had never seen this before. I asked him and he said he didn't see it. Apparently, this glitch only effects other players and not the driver. Last Sunday, I had no idea what you guys were talking about when you kept asking, "How many doors does that thing have?!?" :lol:

Oh, yea. If your taking a head count then I'm definitely in this weekend. I believe I'll help you represent the big Mesa, too.

Last edited:
You might need it too. I've changed my mind a few times about the trail we'll be taking, got it locked down now but everyone will need a truck with a short wheelbase, good turning radius and one that can fit on narrow trails. ;)

You might need it too. I've changed my mind a few times about the trail we'll be taking, got it locked down now but everyone will need a truck with a short wheelbase, good turning radius and one that can fit on narrow trails. ;)

Im Determined to use my Granger.

The only real disadvantage with the SUV's is ground clearance, but as long as there's another vehicle around to nudge you off when you get high sided, it shouldn't be a big problem.

Uh huh. Without making scraping sounds while the undercarriage grinds itself against the rocks?

I could care less if i scrape it. Is it really that important to you that you don't want to hear Scraping sound?

0_0.jpg

Some is ok, a lot of it combined with getting high centered means you need more ground clearance. That photo looks like a fairly smooth, wide area. You take that on the trial this weekend, I guarantee you will have problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back