GTAV - General Off Road Discussion | LS 4x4 Crew

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 3,098 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The little Kalahari is quite the machine.
0_0.jpg

It may slip a little, but if you just feather the throttle it'll grip and climb right up, it's amazing.

I put the Kalahari's climbing ability partly down to it's imagined low weight.. look at it, there's nothing to it.

I love it. :)
Weight is everything for climbing ability in this game; try one of the extreme uphill trails in a Sultan sometime.

Anybody know if there is any dedicated spawn pointsvfor the Karin Bee Jay? I looked for about 2hrs this morning with no luck. I know i have seen them in sandy shores and ive also seen them in the town on the very north end of the map but no luck this morning.

Anybody know if there is any dedicated spawn pointsvfor the Karin Bee Jay? I looked for about 2hrs this morning with no luck. I know i have seen them in sandy shores and ive also seen them in the town on the very north end of the map but no luck this morning.

I don't remember, but can it be purchased through your phone?

Try driving a Futo around. I always see them in the Vinewood Hills area. And it cannot be purchased on your phone.

Here's the trail tour I was thinking instead of the trophy trucks:

LS4x4_Meet3_TrailMap_zpsec59c3d5.png

Count me in... I just sent a request to the crew... I have the Sand King XL and the Canis Mesa jeep in gta online. Would anyone recommend me getting the Rebel or any other vehicle that's good offroading?

Count me in... I just sent a request to the crew... I have the Sand King XL and the Canis Mesa jeep in gta online. Would anyone recommend me getting the Rebel or any other vehicle that's good offroading?
I have a rusty rebel and i love it. Is your mesa just the regular one or the merryweather one? I recommend it. It is probably my favorite. I also have thd dubsta and it does well too.

If you enjoy off roading in GTA 5, then you should definitely have a Rebel in your garage. This weekend I believe RT is trying to organize a trail ride for Karin Bee Jays only, so adding one of those to your garage would also be a good idea.

If you enjoy off roading in GTA 5, then you should definitely have a Rebel in your garage. This weekend I believe RT is trying to organize a trail ride for Karin Bee Jays only, so adding one of those to your garage would also be a good idea.
Ok thanks for the info, I will keep posted...

I have a rusty rebel and i love it. Is your mesa just the regular one or the merryweather one? I recommend it. It is probably my favorite. I also have thd dubsta and it does well too.
My Mesa is the merryweather jeep one. It seems to work very nicely off-road

0_0.jpg

Found a nice deep puddle that is really fun to drive in if you have a raised 4x4... It's in the Lago Zancudo wetlands near Fort Zancudo.
*Near the intersections of Route 68 and Tongva Drive next to the Fort Zancudo Approach Rd

Prob drove around for 2 hours this evening looking for a karin bee jay. They just arent spawing for me. Tried using the rebel, sultan and the futo. Also tried a few other random vehicles..still nothing. R1600...did you generally see them in vinewood...or up in the hills more? Hell..the rat loader was easier to find for me. Lol

I've never seen a Rat Loader. They show up in the main Vinewood hills area south of Michaels house.
Ill check around that area better tomorrow morning when i get off work.

Also as far as i know the rat loader only spawns in a couple locations in sandy shores. Pretty easy when you know where to look. Here is mine.

0_011_zpsf4af7628.jpg

Last edited:
Just a heads up I was delivering one of those Chevy Volt looking cars to Simeons garage tonight and there were Bee Jays popping up all over.

Technically, it is a 4X4, but you can't lock the hubs, so it will only drive in 2WD.

Yeah I know, I shoulda said fix. That'd be a sweet feature if we could lock our hubs. Drop it in 4 hi/low if we have to, then put her back in 2 hi

It took all evening, but I finally found my Bee Jay:
image.jpg

I found it while headed back into the city from the 'Down the Drain' race location. I was driving a Vigero while my buddy was in a Sultan. Dunno if that will help or if I just got lucky.

Proceeded to try it out and snapped a shot along side my buddy's Rebel at, well, an obvious location. :D
image.jpg

Every Bee Jay that has been posted so far has black wheels. :P

Only because R* left "chrome" out of the wheel color options. :irked: I honestly don't care for bright colored wheels on mostly stock looking vehicles. I think it looks ok on tuners and sometimes on the highly modded such as the Baja Rebel or MW Mesa. Black, white, or chrome are really the only realistic choices for wheel color on vehicles such as the Bee Jay, IMO. I'd love it if someone can find a color combo to change my mind, though. :)

Snorevette said
I want 1 garage for off-roaders/armored vehicles and 1 garage for sports cars... how can I ever have both?
:(

I understand what your saying, but I kind of prefer having to chose carefully which cars to save. My GT5 garage was a 1,000+ car mess and I literally ran out of cars to spend money on. GTA keeps it real by forcing us to choose wisely and research our purchases.

Last edited:
Only because R* left "chrome" out of the wheel color options. :irked: I honestly don't care for bright colored wheels on mostly stock looking vehicles. I think it looks ok on tuners and sometimes on the highly modded such as the Baja Rebel or MW Mesa. Black, white, or chrome are really the only realistic choices for wheel color on vehicles such as the Bee Jay, IMO. I'd love it if someone can find a color combo to change my mind, though. :)
The earth colors work too, like the light tan and the olive green.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back