GTAV - General Off Road Discussion | LS 4x4 Crew

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 3,098 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can agree with that, but dependent on the car color. There's only a couple of vehicles that can pull that off, though. I had my Dubsta painted light tan/brown like a safari truck, and the Patriot matt green/olive for a military look.

Last edited:
I want 1 garage for off-roaders/armored vehicles and 1 garage for sports cars... how can I ever have both? :(

Would love to by another 6- 10 car garage in Sandy shores. I'd keep my Rigs there.

Every Bee Jay that has been posted so far has black wheels. :P

I did Black Steel on the new one I'm brining. So while darker not totally black. ;)

This things has a stout 4wd system. I was able to push a MW Mesa backwards with it.

Got another Offroader, we can have people pile on the back :lol:

0_0.jpg

When is there going to be the next Los Santos 4x4s meetup???

EDIT: for gta online what console will most of you be playing on PS3 or Xbox??

Last edited:
My wheels are grey now...:P Also resprayed again. The wife picked the color (same color as her nitro)

Btw this thing does have a nice 4wd system. Climbed chilliad just fine. then proceeded to run it through the ringer all the way home. Id say it passed.
0_022_zps09768e15.jpg

0_021_zpsd535207e.jpg

Last edited:
I'll try and make it to the next meet. I've been messing around, and surprisingly the Akuma handles really well off road

Owens and I compared a couple 4x4's on a steep hill climb last night, some interesting results. We used a long, smooth incline up the NW side of Chiliad. They were each very capable, but we found some just have better traction. All fully modded, the MW Mesa climbed higher/farther then the Bee Jay and the Clean Rebel beat them both. We also found that the race trans worked better than the non- race trans in the MW Mesa, I literally drove around Owens while climbing the same incline comparing the transmissions.

PS3.

And official meets are on Sundays, 8pm GMT.
Owens and I compared a couple 4x4's on a steep hill climb last night, some interesting results. We used a long, smooth incline up the NW side of Chiliad. They were each very capable, but we found some just have better traction. All fully modded, the MW Mesa climbed higher/farther then the Bee Jay and the Clean Rebel beat them both. We also found that the race trans worked better than the non- race trans in the MW Mesa, I literally drove around Owens while climbing the same incline comparing the transmissions.
You know i kind of thought this about the MW mesa.. i first had the race trans and then swapped to the sports after hearing people say it was better but it didnt seem as good to me. What about the rebel and the bee jay? Did they have race trans as well?

The MW Mesa was the only side-by-side transmission test vehicle and it was the first test. All of my vehicles after that had race trans.

Edit: keep in mind that driving style is also a factor. On the hill we used, none of the trucks could make it up if we just held throttle wide open and charged. During all comparisons, we kept the trucks in 'first gear' by feathering the throttle just before it tried to 'shift'. The race trans in the Mesa gave slightly more speed before shifting which allowed greater momentum.

Last edited:
I'll try and make it to the next meet. I've been messing around, and surprisingly the Akuma handles really well off road
Trucks/SUV's only, and the meet this weekend is Karin Bee Jay's only. 👍
I didn't like the Race trans in the MW Mesa because at a simulation type crawl down a trail it would hunt back and forth from first and second gear. I found it quite annoying. I think the gearing is too short, so I went with the next one down.

I've experienced that as well, RT. It really depends on preference and I havn't tested any other conditions, our test was purely on steep climbing capability. 👍

The testing spot is nice for there is the reward of making it up. Only three vehicles have made it for me.

Sultan drove up like it wasn't an issue.

Dubsta knew it was on steep hill but made it.

Clean Rebel you have to earn it with this one.

Tried almost every others off Roader besides the new DLC.

Nice to know what ones have raw grip and what ones don't.

The testing spot is nice for there is the reward of making it up. Only three vehicles have made it for me.

Sultan drove up like it wasn't an issue.

Dubsta knew it was on steep hill but made it.

Clean Rebel you have to earn it with this one.

Tried almost every others off Roader besides the new DLC.

Nice to know what ones have raw grip and what ones don't.

I'm gonna have to give the Mesa another try. :mischievous: Interested to see if the Dirty Rebel handles it any different, too.

So this is my entry vehicle :)

0_0.jpg

I couldn't believe my luck when I managed to find one this morning. I took it to the LSC and started modding it. In the process I got signed out of PSN and lost the darn thing. Lucky me got back to the same spot in Lago Zancudo to find these things all over the place. On the downside I had to say goodbye to my shiny red Rebel. Oh well. :)

You guys ever noticed oil leaking from your trucks? Just gave the 'Cable Car Trail' a try, was doing quite well when I noticed oil pouring from my Rebel. It was even leaving an oil trail on the ground. I continued on, after a couple minutes my trucks engine died and I lost brakes. Sailed down the climb backwards for a bit then got wedged between some rocks and could do nothing. The starter would crank, but that's it. Pretty amusing.

It's not oil, it's fuel!

You can pierce the fuel tank on most vehicles with gunfire, but also by damaging the car. Once all the fuel has drained from the tank, the engine will cut out.

If you shoot the fuel trail, the whole thing will go up in flames.

It's not oil, it's fuel!

You can pierce the fuel tank on most vehicles with gunfire, but also by damaging the car. Once all the fuel has drained from the tank, the engine will cut out.

If you shoot the fuel trail, the whole thing will go up in flames.
That makes sense, it looked like it was coming from the rear axle area, and I had been beating up the truck pretty hard trying to get unwedged from between a couple large boulders.

So this is my entry vehicle :)

0_0.jpg

I couldn't believe my luck when I managed to find one this morning. I took it to the LSC and started modding it. In the process I got signed out of PSN and lost the darn thing. Lucky me got back to the same spot in Lago Zancudo to find these things all over the place. On the downside I had to say goodbye to my shiny red Rebel. Oh well. :)

Where did you find the bee jay?? I would like to find one for this weekends meet.

Will make a new character tonight (to keep more off-road vehicles) if I can create a new one in a private lobby to rule out idiotic randoms.

Have you spent much time with the Rancher XL? I'm a Mesa Off-Road guy all the way, but I like the looks of the Rancher. They're hard to find... when you're trying to find one.

Hey guys, don't forget about all the extra RP and goodies you can earn this weekend! Check out R*'s Social Club for all the info on crate drops and playlist events.

Well changed the colors again after i found this pic...
xplore-fj-lede_zps3247fd91.jpg

This is as close as i could get it...and ya the wheels are black again:P
0_026_zpsaf27042e.jpg

Btw..forgive me if this has been said but how do these meets work? Do you send a mass invite out before the meet R1600? Or will we be able to just join?

Btw..forgive me if this has been said but how do these meets work? Do you send a mass invite out before the meet R1600? Or will we be able to just join?
You need to set Los Santos 4x4 Crew as your Active Crew. You can do so via Social Club. Once you've done that, you can just join R1600Turbo, as the meet takes place in a Crew Only session.

The MW Mesa and the dirty Rebel only show the crew emblem on the drivers door, and the MW rotates it for some reason. No idea of the logic behind it. If we do a Mesa only meet, we could rotate it at the social club for the day.

@Dismembered, The Rancher is a very nice looking rig, I had one in my garage for a couple weeks. It's about equal to the BeeJay in off road capability. Quite fun. I only got rid of it because I really enjoy customizing my vehicles, and the Rancher is pretty limited there. I find them often down by Simeon's garage.

Last edited:
I actually picked up a Rancher XL tonight before work. Cant wait to test it out tomorrow and see how it does. Is it actually 4wd like the Bee jay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back