GTP NASCAR Sprint Cup S4 Champs: Akmuq, Hendrick, Chevrolet

• Thread starter Niop
  • 3,170 comments
Are HMS and Ford on the same pit strategy? And how many laps in are they?

They will be about 145 now, Hendrick appear to have earlier stops and Ford however talked about having saved enough. They were packed up when I left, Mudd and Dexter had just wrecked.

Furinkazen

Mule passed all three HMS cars on the outside coming out of four with a lag bump from Joe, who was getting pushed by me. Unreal finish.

Nice racing guys, crazy finish but I don't think AC was too bothered about the lag considering he's already won the 500 once; it's just a couple of points to him. Happy with 5th, one better than last year and the team did pretty well also. Awesome job RFLX, AC and Mark 👍

Congrats on the win Mule, just try to keep off my quarter panels next time we're racing to the flag ;)

What a finish!! :embarrassed:

That was basically a 3 hour drive for me so I found ways to entertain myself(no, not that) and I gradually made up the places until I was 7th or 8th, and went down another lap so I could watch the finish. Nice one Mule.👍

Nice racing guys, crazy finish but I don't think AC was too bothered about the lag considering he's already won the 500 once; it's just a couple of points to him. Happy with 5th, one better than last year and the team did pretty well also. Awesome job RFLX, AC and Mark 👍

Congrats on the win Mule, just try to keep off my quarter panels next time we're racing to the flag ;)

Stop lifting when you're in front of me and I'll stop riding your bumper and trying to force my way past you. ;)

But yeah, that was amazing. A complete fluke of a lag bump from Drop out of 4. I don't know what to say lol.

MÜLE_9242;7505792
Stop lifting when you're in front of me and I'll stop riding your bumper and trying to force my way past you. ;)

Our Skype conversation was on a loop of 'they have the same number of cars, why aren't they passing on the outside?' for 15 minutes. You had me scared to **** there though mate, I thought I'd get wrecked before the end :lol:

Because you were too fast to pass on the outside...

...without a lag bump :lol:

Mule, the luck was on your side tonight. So I don't want to hear it anymore. ;)
Congrats on the win man. 👍

To say that was almost three hours that passed pretty quickly. The same won't be true for the 600, longest 3 hours of my entire life.

Very glad we'll only be racing for about three quarters of an hour next week!

Here's the explanation of the early wreck:

I was in the high line and got a tap from Mudd that sent me sideways into someone, giving me damage. After this I ended up in the middle of 3 wide and trying to back out of it. I couldn't back out in time, and the damage unloaded and sent me into Dexter, causing the wreck.

Nice win Mule 👍 You were my fantasy pick for the race too.

Hi Guys, I'm really sorry for yesterday.

All went well in the GATE room yesterday until the gf's phone call just before the race. I had to leave GATE and rejoin my gf very quick with no way to come here and post my non-commitment for this race :(

I'm really sorry guys.

No worry, I'll definitely be here for the next Round ;)

I led a couple laps, happy with that, got a decent tyre stint on an aggressive set up, and all in all was pretty pleased. Also had an amusing moment running side by side with Tom after trying to gatecrash Hendricks pit stop party :lol:

Hi Guys, I'm really sorry for yesterday.

All went well in the GATE room yesterday until the gf's phone call just before the race. I had to leave GATE and rejoin my gf very quick with no way to come here and post my non-commitment for this race :(

I'm really sorry guys.

No worry, I'll definitely be here for the next Round ;)

Thoroughly disappointed........

The only good thing about today was that I somehow got 5th in NW, and accumulated fair points at the Daytona round. :ill:

I know the top of the order

1. Mule (lap led)
2. ACDC (lap led)
3. Niop (pole, most laps led)
4. Drop (lap led)
5. Tom (lap led)
6. Joe
7. Akmuq

Anyone know the exact order everyone went out from there?

I think 8th and 9th was between Mudd and Dexter.

I think Furi was 10th, with Carb 11th.

Did Matty complete more laps than RPH (~40 laps) for 12th?

Who else knows they led at least one lap (and when, if possible)? I'm sure RPH led a lap since he never managed to stop. I know Furi led a few by hanging out after lap 100's pit stops. I think Mudd and Carb may have stayed out once and led a lap or two at some point. Did Dexter ever lead a lap? Matty?

Carbonox
I led a few! :dopey: And Mudd did too, at least once.

Yeah, I'm certain Mudd did because i remember RFLX mentioning it.

I'm pretty sure Mark didn't lead a lap Drop because he was in that early wreck and me, AC and RFLX led the first laps of the race. He was a lap down all day.

Hendricks motor sports executed the strategy to perfection other than the lag that wrecked tom and had me sliding through turn one but we recovered and it sucks lag had to get me but I'm looking forward to the next race

Acorner123
Hendricks motor sports executed the strategy to perfection other than the lag that wrecked tom and had me sliding through turn one but we recovered and it sucks lag had to get me but I'm looking forward to the next race

Your three cars were definitely faster than our three cars over the course of the day. I don't think Mule is going to dispute the fact that he got very lucky at the end, but most everyone that has won a few races here has gotten at least one of them by sheer luck.

Nice working with you for the first time last night mate, unlucky on the finish.

Back