GTP NASCAR Sprint Cup S4 Champs: Akmuq, Hendrick, Chevrolet

• Thread starter Niop
  • 3,170 comments
I would love to see a poll of all 14 registered drivers asking which 7 drivers they think will qualify for the Chase on points (in no particular order), which driver will win the wild card, and if the wild card will get in on points, or with a win.

I'll even start it, if it will help get it going:

Top 7 in points (alphabetically)

Droptop2001gt
GTP_Litchi
JoeOfTheFire
Knelly
MULE_9242
RFLX_Niop
Tom_97_COD

Wild Card:
RedPartyHat - 1 race win

Anyone else want to go on the record now so everyone can quote this in 3 months and laugh at them for being wrong? :cool:

Same as above but with AC in the wild card slot with two wins.

I know I'm not Sprint Cup but what the hell.

Top 7 in points (in finishing order):

JoeOfTheFire
GTP_Litchi
RFLX_Niop
Carbonox
Droptop2001gt
Tom_97_COD
Knelly

Wild Card:
Furinkazen - 1 race win

1. RFLX_Niop
2. JoeOfTheFire
3. Knelly
4. RedPartyhat
5. Droptop2001gt
6. Mattymc1996 (<--that's RIGHT)
7. GTP_Litchi

Wild Card:
Mule

1. Litchi (yeah, baby!)
2. Niop
3. Droptop
4. Joe
5. Knelly
6. Mule
7. RPH

Wild card: Mudd

I prefer to have fun, not to win.;)

Anyway.

1.Akmuq
2.Drop
3.Joe
4.Niop(he usually misses a couple regular season rounds IIRC)
5.Knelly
6.Matty
7.Litchi

Wildcard: ACDC, if he shows, if not, the 8th place, Mule.

MÜLE_9242;7496080
Seriously, Akmuq? You're picking Matty over me? Really? Really really? That's almost insulting. :(

1. Joe
2. Niop
3. Drop
4. Mule
5. Litchi
6. Mudd
7. Tom
WC. Furi via points or Knelly if he wins a race

:lol: Oops, I adjust it now.

1.Niop
2.Drop
3.Joe
4.Litchi
5.Mule
6.Tom
7.Furi
Wildcard: ACDC, or RPH.

Here's the compiled list of all drivers mentioned, and their odds of making the Chase, as estimated by those that chose to publicly volunteer their opinion:

Voted to get into the Chase in a top 7 points positions:
Droptop2001gt - 8
GTP_Litchi - 8
JoeOfTheFire - 8
RFLX_Niop - 8
Knelly - 6
MULE_9242 - 5
Tom_97_COD - 5
MattyMc1996 - 2
RedPartyHat - 2
Carbonox - 1
Furinkazen - 1
GTP_Akmuq - 1
Mudd - 1

Voted to get into the Chase via the Wild Card position (when 2 drivers were named in a single vote, I took the one named first):
ACDCROCKS123 - 3
Furinkazen - 2
Mudd - 1
MULE_9242 - 1
RedPartyHat - 1

Total Chase votes:
Droptop2001gt - 8
GTP_Litchi - 8
JoeOfTheFire - 8
RFLX_Niop - 8
Knelly - 6
MULE_9242 - 6
Tom_97_COD - 5
ACDCROCKS123 - 3
Furinkazen - 3
RedPartyHat - 3
MattyMc1996 - 2
Mudd - 2
Carbonox - 1
GTP_Akmuq - 1

From what I've read, we have an early SPRINT nomination for Race Battle - HMS v Ford?

Plus an early notch in the Unluckiest for ACDC losing the 500 to a lag bump, and early signs for Rivalry with Ford v HMS?

If anyone else has anything to add for SPRINT nominations following the 500, make it known.

Tom vs Mule was a battle for physical real estate only, as they were on different laps, and not racing for actual position at the end. The whole HMS vs Ford battle was waged more on pit road than it was on track, as HMS was clearly the overall faster team.

I think the HMS vs Ford rivalry can be considered, but it's way too early in the season to start nominating for a season-long rivalry.

I don't know that I would call ACDC unlucky, as he still finished 2nd in the race and wasn't spun out coming to the flag or anything. More than anything, I would call Mule very lucky for winning.

By the way, in his three Daytona 500 starts, ACDC has finished 2nd, 1st, and 2nd. :eek:

Cool. Appreciate most can just be considered as notches that will more than likely add up over the season, and it's all obviously just based on what I have read as wasn't there (gutted by the way).

Just trying a bit harder to keep people reminded of the sprints this season. 👍

MustangRyan
Tom vs Mule was a battle for physical real estate only, as they were on different laps, and not racing for actual position at the end. The whole HMS vs Ford battle was waged more on pit road than it was on track, as HMS was clearly the overall faster team.

But we were altogether by the end abeit with a car on each team a lap down. Despite the fact that I was a lap down, if you don't class those last ten laps as a battle, i don't know what is. I've never had to concentrate that hard at an oval race before :lol:

From where you were with me tucked in behind RFLX, you had pretty much zero chance of winning without the lag yet if Mule had shuffled me out, you'd have had 3 cars vs 2 and could probably have had a chance at a pass. That's why we were fighting so hard back there.

The race was good for me in a sense that all the big teams took the most points, which means I'm only a few points off the highest placing drivers from the "rest of the field". From here things should only be able to get better. :sly:

From what I've read, we have an early SPRINT nomination for Race Battle - HMS v Ford?

Plus an early notch in the Unluckiest for ACDC losing the 500 to a lag bump, and early signs for Rivalry with Ford v HMS?

If anyone else has anything to add for SPRINT nominations following the 500, make it known.

Unlucky me having my race end due to a glitch where I wasn't allowed to pit.

RedPartyhat
Unlucky me having my race end due to a glitch where I wasn't allowed to pit.

Definitely agree with that one. RPH's cars owned the NW race. Would be interesting to see how he would have done in the 500.

fighting your very hardest for 200 laps, putting up with a lapped car going half throttle in front of you in the turns (which, iirc you spoke out against which led a huge debate that derailed last seasons thread), almost wrecking with said lapped car, fighting to break up the tandem consisting of the two of the three best oval racers on GTP, finding it near impossible to keep them separated, then when you finally get a nose ahead of them at the right place at the right time, the other guy is "unlucky."

Yeah, no.

Don't spoil this for me, Knelly. Please. I beg you. Yeah, I had some good luck last night, but still. If I lost, it wasn't for lack of effort.

Last edited:
I agree about that nomincation...

But yeah MULE - I know we don't see eye to eye sometimes, but you won thr 500 in some style, good work :cheers:

MÜLE_9242;7508788
Don't spoil this for me, Knelly. Please. I beg you. Yeah, I had some good luck last night, but still.
I'll spoil it for you. ;)

MÜLE_9242;7508788
fighting your very hardest for 200 laps, putting up with a lapped car going half throttle in front of you in the turns (which, iirc you spoke out against which led a huge debate that derailed last seasons thread), almost wrecking with said lapped car.
Tom was letting off to prevent you from 4-bumping us in the corners and accordion bumping us out of line(it was obvious that's what you were trying to do). Can you blame him? In no way is this related to the brake checking controversy of last season.

MÜLE_9242;7508788
Fighting to break up the tandem consisting of the two of the three best oval racers on GTP, finding it near impossible to keep them separated, then when you finally get a nose ahead of them at the right place at the right time, the other guy is "unlucky."

Yeah, no.
It's been acknowledged that the bump was "lucky" for you, so I think that in it's self defines it as being "unlucky" for the other guy.

"Unlucky" would be if he was in a wreck that he had nothing to do with, or getting a random disconnect, or getting glitched and unable to make a pitstop. Finishing 2nd and getting beat fair and square is exactly that. It happened to me last season, now this season the tables turned.

The main thing that's been getting to me all day is Knelly basically not even acknowledging me, and the first thing he says isn't good job, well done, congrats, or anything else along those lines. It's "ACDC got so unlucky he can probably win an award for it." Maybe I took it the wrong way, I don't know. I'm prone to being stupid at times.

But I guess it's clear I haven't earned as much respect here from some people that I thought. Time to change that. Who knows, maybe I'll win in a less flukey fashion next time.

I think it was a bit ambitious to expect Knelly to straight up congratulate you off the bat; you two are hardly the best of friends are you?

Most of of people here gave you a pat on the back despite the flukey fashion in which you won, I did at least twice. I think you should take that as a reminder that the majority of people here have respect for you yet it's hardly realistic that the feeling will be mutual for every single driver here. I'm sure there's some guys who don't like me too much but I don't really care because on the whole, the guys that I respect, respect me too and that's all that matters.

MÜLE_9242;7509644
I wasn't aware he had a problem with me?

I thought you guys had argued in the past, that may be my memory playing tricks on me!

Regardless, if one guy doesn't congratulate you on the win, it's hardly a marker of how respected you are around here man.

I tried ignoring it, but it was getting to me all day and frankly, ruined my mood.

MÜLE_9242
The main thing that's been getting to me all day is Knelly basically not even acknowledging me, and the first thing he says isn't good job, well done, congrats, or anything else along those lines. It's "ACDC got so unlucky he can probably win an award for it." Maybe I took it the wrong way, I don't know. I'm prone to being stupid at times.

But I guess it's clear I haven't earned as much respect here from some people that I thought. Time to change that. Who knows, maybe I'll win in a less flukey fashion next time.

You got as much acknowledgement out of me that myself and HMS got out of the Shootout last week. Not one single 'well done, good job, congrats'. Why would I then congrat someone for a race I wasn't involved in, who clearly won through a lucky lag bump just at the most opportune moment?

You have my respect Mule, but it's also obvious you have some massive issue with me, and that for whatever reason, I don't have yours. That's absolutely fine. I'm just here to race and support my team this season, as well as keep the SPRINTS rolling on.

I never said ACDC was worthy of a Sprint alone for the 500, but if he gets unlucky more this season, then that's one notch towards it. That was all. If it was reversed it would still be mentioned, and I'm positive if you lost the lead in the last corner of a 200 lap race through a lag bump then I am certain we would have heard about how unlucky you are.

I'm just doing my job as SPRINT host. That is all.

So if it ruined your day that I didn't praise you or anyone else personally, in a post specifically surrounded around the SPRINTS and nothing more, then that's your problem, not mine.

This is what private messaging is for guys.

With the race lasting nearly three hours, expect official results late in the week, and a highlight video even later. It takes a lot of time to find and record segments when I can only skip five or six laps at a time.

I'm all good here. All I was doing was my job as SPRINT host. Nothing more nothing less.

11 person lobbies on NTG11 eek... PD's servers are so much better...

Massive internet problem.

May not have any for the race.

I'm recording the race replay on the race monitor screen with my roxio game capture device tonight, so that I can watch the replay at work tomorrow and count all the laps led. Being able to rewind and fast forward will prove infinitely helpful.

Back