GTP NASCAR Sprint Cup S4 Champs: Akmuq, Hendrick, Chevrolet

• Thread starter Niop
  • 3,170 comments
I liked the one saying: Ask your colleague if he would like a hand, if he replies yes give him a photocopy of your hand.

And the one when if anyone asks you to do something reply, 'would you like fries with that' :lol:

Hi guys.

Well, as you can see, i'm not very active since 2 weeks about (i should say not active at all). This is due to my new roommates...
I now live with a french guy, a spanish girl and a chinese girl. The chinese girl is here for learn french so she only speaks english atm. The 2 others don't speak english, the only speak french (and spanish for the spanish girl ofc). Means that i have to translate every time what the chinese girl tells and what the other tells too. That takes a lot of my free time.

And I have to say that live with people from other countries is a great experience and i don't wanna miss that. It's very rewarding. So i'm not sure to be able to race every saturday nights here.

Sorry for that.

So Litchi which one you.. Ya know, ruffling the feathers with :lol:.

I had to back down in NW due to lag (Mics) so I doubt it would be any different here...

Update 2.08 will have a tyre wear update for Endurance races, I have a feeling this is for offline though. Also has downforce updates so that they have more of an effect on the car.

We also have 3 more cars now. HSV-010, BR-Z S and something else :)

Lowering DF at ovals will certainly make a difference now.

The update also changes something to do with ride height. Maybe they finally fixed it so it's not the wrong way round anymore.

Changes that will affect us racing online:

•Amount of air resistance change when altering aerodynamic wing settings has been increased.
•Adjusted the changes in control characteristic when altering vehicle height from standard height. (Vehicle height can be changed by adjusting ride height, either by installing a suspension kit or adjusting a full customizable suspension kit.)

paulmac2k9
Lowering DF at ovals will certainly make a difference now.

We don't know yet but this is a definite, although it may only make higher df more grippy.

DrifterJoe
The update also changes something to do with ride height. Maybe they finally fixed it so it's not the wrong way round anymore.

I think it's something to do with the basic suspension upgrade where we can adjust ride height, although if they did fix it many tunes would be very messed up.

This could be very damaging to a lot of tunes. New news to me, will have to do some research.

Knelly
This could be very damaging to a lot of tunes. New news to me, will have to do some research.

Check the news page, has all new cars and "improvements".

It probably is an improvement. It'll just throw all of us off for a bit until we get used to it.

I for one, would be happy to see Tire Wear online be better.

MÜLE_9242;7630242
It probably is an improvement. It'll just throw all of us off for a bit until we get used to it.

I for one, would be happy to see Tire Wear online be better.

Me as well, right now there's not really a proper racing hard tire that lasts for dozens of laps like in real life, we only got medium, soft and super soft as it stands. :indiff:

OK, it might not be as bad as first thought, and could really improve things to be closer to reality.

Yep, might throw us a little curve ball to start, but all for the greater good 👍

I hope they give the down force a more realistic amount of drag. It would be great to see aero tuning become more of a factor in these races.

Thing is, the tyre wear update is for endurance races only, so it most likely won't effect online.

It says something about ride hight adjustment, that could mess with us a bit.

Not good timing as now we are going to have to adjust for the new tires mid-season.
I know Drop chose the numbers of laps for each race specifically so that everyone could have a balanced strategy. I'm worried that change in tire wear is going to make things hectic when it comes to tire strategy and the number of laps per race.

EDIT: Btw Drop I don't think your Panthers are doing too hot :sly:

Last edited:
I will be able to make it to both Nationwide and Cup this Saturday.

If anybody has an open seat for this weekend, I will gladly fill in.

I hope they give the down force a more realistic amount of drag. It would be great to see aero tuning become more of a factor in these races.

I'm willing to bet that that's the case. Would definitely make tuning a much more interesting challenge.

Latest Posts

Back