GTP NASCAR Sprint Cup S4 Champs: Akmuq, Hendrick, Chevrolet

• Thread starter Niop
  • 3,170 comments
Ladies and gentlemen, to continue the tradition of the Sprint Cup and IndyCar having ridiculously gruelling/tiring schedule overlaps, it transpires that the Indy 500 and the Brickyard 400 are on the same weekend in November :lol:

Ladies and gentlemen, to continue the tradition of the Sprint Cup and IndyCar having ridiculously gruelling/tiring schedule overlaps, it transpires that the Indy 500 and the Brickyard 400 are on the same weekend in November :lol:

Conclusion: Every driver who's in both series, buy 2 TV's, 2 PS3's and 2 GT5's, then play both at the same time ;)

Conclusion: Every driver who's in both series, buy 2 TV's, 2 PS3's and 2 GT5's, then play both at the same time ;)

They're not at the same time mate :lol:

The 500 is on Friday evening and the 400 is on Saturday; it's just that 900 miles of Indy in the space of 24 hours will be a bit of a challenge.

And if a SC driver has to fill an NNS seat, can I presume this would also include Indy (without checking)?

How is it possible that I sat at a bar all night watching that entire game, and didn't have a single alcoholic drink? :dunce:

I'd have hit the drink by half time if I were you, it was pretty brutal.

I'm counting the laps led now. After just 65 laps, three different drivers have led 20 laps.

FPE1r.png

OFFICIAL Southern 300 Results:

1. #88 RFLX_Niop (29 laps led) - 20 points, +1 bonus point
2. #83 RedPartyHat (Pole Position, 126 laps led) - 18 points, +3 bonus points
3. #48 Gokartman (2 laps led) - 16 points - Nationwide Driver
4. #43 JoeOfTheFire (23 laps led) - 14 points, +1 bonus point
5. #42 Spurgy777 (19 laps led) - 12 points, +1 bonus point
6. #24 Knelly - 11 points
7. #20 Carbonox - 10 points
8. #99 MULE_9242 - 9 points
9. #83 MattyMc1996 - 8 points
10. #18 Neljack - 7 points - Nationwide Driver - +4 points for Mudd
11. #24 Tom_97_COD (1 lap led) - 6 points, +1 bonus point
12. #14 Furinkazen - 5 points
13. #43 Droptop2001gt - 4 points
14. #11 Stormtrooper2178 - 3 points - Nationwide Driver

Driver's Championship after Regular Season race #4 of 10:
K55b6.png

Owner's Championship:
FETo0.png

Manufacturer's Championship:
Qy53F.png

Last edited:
92 max points possible means Niop is only 20 points away from perfection. That's awesome after 4 races.

Review concluded that the incident between Knelly and Spurgy on lap 28 was a racing incident. Knelly's car pushed well up out of the bottom lane, where it struck Spurgy's car, spinning him out. However, knelly and spurgy were both following their own racing lines. Knelly, on the inside, is likely to come up out of the bottom lane when exiting the turn to carry speed. Spurgy, on the outside, is likely to start coming down on corner exit to straighten out the corner. This is just a case where two drivers were both trying to run their own different lines, and their paths both accidentally crossed.

Extra cautiousness could have maybe prevented this, but there was no glaring error made by any one driver. No penalties will be assessed.

Drop, I'm not hating on you because you wrecked me in the early stages, but I'd like to know now, what exactly happened over there?

And by the way, it looks like I'm the only full-time JGR entry again, so reserves will be taken.

Carbonox
Drop, I'm not hating on you because you wrecked me in the early stages, but I'd like to know now, what exactly happened over there?
I spun out of turn four, hit the inside wall, got severe suspension damage, and could not keep the car out of the racing line. It was hooking hard right no matter what I did.

I tried to push you around for an entire stint around lap 70 to try to make up for that accident.

Just powered PS3 up after an hours running GTR2 on PC, ready to go tonight! :gtpflag:

Latest Posts

Back