GTP NASCAR Sprint Cup S4 Champs: Akmuq, Hendrick, Chevrolet

• Thread starter Niop
  • 3,170 comments
Wish I could say same. Spurgys in the chase I reckon, i won;t be anywhere near.

The Chase is supposed to be hard to qualify for, especially in a deep field of talented drivers. Show up to all of the races, and you're bound to make up some ground. I don't think drivers are done missing races yet.

I think a few owners might even start shuffling lineups to get drivers consistently in races. It will be interesting to see what happens with the 48 and 11 cars for the rest of the season. How long until guys like Grinols and gokartman get called up permanently to Sprint Cup?

The Chase is supposed to be hard to qualify for, especially in a deep field of talented drivers. Show up to all of the races, and you're bound to make up some ground. I don't think drivers are done missing races yet.

I think a few owners might even start shuffling lineups to get drivers consistently in races. It will be interesting to see what happens with the 48 and 11 cars for the rest of the season. How long until guys like Grinols and gokartman get called up permanently to Sprint Cup?

That's the point. I'm simply not quick enough to get in. I am consistent, but slow. There's so much quality in this field now, honestly a class above what I can do.

That's the point. I'm simply not quick enough to get in. I am consistent, but slow. There's so much quality in this field now, honestly a class above what I can do.

The last three weeks have made me very thankful that I won in week 2. I'm going to be on the edge of the Chase field pretty soon at this rate.

Sounds a bit harsh but drive in the Nationwide Series if you can't hack it Furi, it'd be less frustrating for you at least.

Sounds a bit harsh but drive in the Nationwide Series if you can't hack it Furi, it'd be less frustrating for you at least.

No offense taken, and I can't do NW timings.

Last week I finished 8th with a terrible car, this week I finished 8th with an awesome car. It's all about getting the lucky breaks, and being at the right place at the right time with how even the top guys are.

I hope this tune translates well come Tuesday.

MÜLE_9242
Last week I finished 8th with a terrible car, this week I finished 8th with an awesome car. It's all about getting the lucky breaks, and being at the right place at the right time with how even the top guys are.

I hope this tune translates well come Tuesday.

Tuesday?

I'm grabbing some easy overtime tonight. My goal is to completely update all stats up through last weeks results. If anyone could count and post the laps for today's Indy race between now and 2am EDT, I'll get this weeks race included in that update. I'm going to bed now, so I can get up at 1am.

If anyone could count and post the laps for today's Indy race between now and 2am EDT, I'll get this weeks race included in that update. I'm going to bed now, so I can get up at 1am.
I can count them, I'll post them when finished.

Laps Led:

Knelly: 20
Tom: 19
Mule: 4
RPH: 4
Spurgy: 4
Niop: 3
Carb: 2
Kartman: 2
Furi: 1
Joe: 1

Can someone confirm the final results? I know that I was 9th, so the order of 10th-14th needs to be double-checked. Use the order that they crossed the line for the end of their 59th lap.

Race Results:

Tom
Knelly
Niop
Carb
Spurgy
Joe
RPH
Mule
Drop
Furi
Matty
Storm
Kartman
Dexter

OFFICIAL Lowe's 150 Results:

1. #24 Tom_97_COD (19 laps led) - 20 points, +1 bonus point
2. #24 Knelly (20 laps led) - 18 points, +2 bonus points
3. #88 RFLX_Niop (Pole Position, 3 laps led) - 16 points, +2 bonus points
4. #20 Carbonox (2 laps led) - 14 points, +1 bonus point
5. #42 Spurgy777 (4 laps led) - 12 points, +1 bonus point
6. #43 JoeOfTheFire (1 lap led) - 11 points, +1 bonus point
7. #83 RedPartyHat (4 laps led) - 10 points, +1 bonus point
8. #99 MULE_9242 (4 laps led) - 9 points, +1 bonus point
9. #43 Droptop2001gt - 8 points
10. #14 Furinkazen (1 lap led) - 7 points, +1 bonus point
11. #83 MattyMc1996 - 6 points
12. #18 Stormtrooper2178 - 5 points - Nationwide Driver
13. #11 Gokartman (2 laps led) - 4 points - Nationwide Driver
14. #48 Dexter_White5150 - 3 points - +2 points for ACDCROCKS123

Driver's Championship after Regular Season race #5 of 10:
ULxxv.png

Owner's Championship:
oJVY6.png

Manufacturer's Championship:
THRfr.png

Nicely in a wildcard, but a point ahead of Spurgy going into SuzE :nervous:

EDIT : Half way through the regular season and we have 2 points separating 6th to 9th.

5 races left which includes 2 road courses and no Daytona (I haven't had a points race there this season), means I still have a very tough fight on my hands to make it in. Same can be said for most if not all out there.

At this stage, this must be the closest contested race for the Chase so far!

SPRINTS : I think Carb went a very long way to becomming the lead contender for Rookie of the Season, this week. As Red did for Most Improved, with his start to the season through strategy. Both holding on to Chase spots.

Any other SPRINT nominations come out of last nights race for anyone else?

Drop, any chance of filling some of the Nomination blanks in the OP for the Sprints, now we are half way through the regular season?

Last edited:
Anybody fancy interviewing me so I can do a blog article? :lol:

I think the other interview this week will go to Carb, he really tore it up out there.

Back