• 237 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
No order...

1. Serenity
2. Boondock Saints
3. A Clockwork Orange
4. Equilibrium
5. Chronicles of Riddick (yeah yeah, still good to me)
6. Troy
7. Super Troopers
8. Grandma's Boy

All I got for now.

Honourable mentions to:

Tango & Cash
Big Trouble in Little China
SpaceBalls
Animal House
Commando
Predator
The Princess Bride

Seriously... ? (for all the below, well orgasmo wasn't that bad but no top anything.)

5. The Prestige.

6. A Scanner Darkly

2. BASEketball

3. Orgasmo

6. Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy

6. Transformers

Thats the movie with Hal, right? And you liked that movie, really? Where you high when you watched it? Because that's the only way I can imagine that movie being good watchable, and even then its a stretch.

Watch it after you take some sort of class on Mythology. I still need to take such a class to understand the movie. Watching it was painful, but just the ideas, what they though 2001 would be like was enough for me put it on my list.

Yeesh. Who kidnapped you two and replaced you with android women?

blablams2.gif

1) LOTR (all)
2) Matrix (all)
3) Braveheart
4) Star Wars (4-6)
5) V for Vendetta
6) You’ve Got Mail
7) Fight Club
8) Terminator 2
9) Star Trek (2,6)
10) Princess Bride

Seriously... ? (for all the below, well orgasmo wasn't that bad but no top anything.)

These lists are opinion to said person who posts their list. I thought Transformers was really good. *shrug*

1.Back to the future (I,II,III)
2.Trainspotting
3.Napoleon Dynamite
4.Dodgeball
5.Shaun of the Dead
6.Donnie Darko
7.Hot Fuzz
8.Mean Machine
9.Anchorman
10.Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

👍

1. Die Hard Series
2. Indiana Jones Series
3. Sin City
4. Gone In 60 Seconds (2000)
5. Good Luck Chuck
6. Hot Fuzz
7. Ocean's Trilogy
8. Billy Madison
9. Lucky # Slevin
10. Bullitt.

1.Back to the future (I,II,III)
👍

:cheers:

nice choices btw
I like mean machine too. actually I like every movie if there are Vinnie Jones & Jason Statham..

these are my other favs;
interstate 60, garden state, ameros perros, layer cake, the holy grail, the fountain, edward scissorhands, crash, identity, wolf creek, the mummy 1-2, 28 weeks / days later, total recall, revolver, snatch, cube series, enemy at the gates, the big white, chronicles of riddick, se7en, reign of fire, children of men, me myself & irene, predator 1-2, constantine, descent,

1. Pulp Fiction
2. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
3. End of Evangelion
4. Robin Hood Men in tights
5. Animal house
6. Star Wars eps. 1-IV
7. Saving Private Ryan
8. Shaun of the Dead
9. Inside man
10. Scary Movie 2/ DOn't be a menace to south central without drinking your juice in the hood.

I have one question... why is the movie called Gothika?

Good question. No idea.

I enjoyed Transformers... but it could have been better. But that's the way Bay plays - fast and hard. He runs out of money, and hasn't got time to polish the edges.

Bad Boys is a film worthy of inclusion in someone's top ten, because it was new and fun. Every time I watch 'The Island', or 'Transformers', I watch for the Bayisms. And I watch for the bits which they obviously had to rush because they had to finish the movie. :D

James Cameron films are similar, I think it must be the trademark of a control freak director/editor brought up on budgets.

And yeah, I enjoyed ST:VI a little more than II... although I enjoyed III a lot too. ("Yeesss! Exhilarating, isn't it!?") VI might have been better but for Kim Cattrall.

Random order (what's with the numbers then?)

1. Schindler's List
2. Papillion
3. Big Lebowski
4. Rushmore
5. Shawshank Redemption
6. Princess Mononoke
7. 12 Angry Men
8. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
9. Waking Life
10. Royal Tenenbaums

1. Sparticus
2. Terminator
3. Terminator 2: Judgement Day
4. Midway (for a low budget)
5. Flyboys
6. There's Something About Mary
7. Vertigo
8. The Green Berets
9. Dirty Dozen
10. Rear Window

Yep.

The female ninja slices off her own face. Her OWN FACE.

Ya, but you don't see that part. I do, however, like the old samurai going crazy on the bullet train cutting down all ninja in his path.

And now, the long-awaited, much-anticipated, somewhat-antiquated list from me (Speedy Samurai)

1) Seven Samurai (1954) (Shichinin no Samurai = original japanese title. GREATEST... MOVIE.... EVER.)
2) Life is Beautiful (1997) (La Vita e Bella = original italian title)
3) Se7en (1995)
4) The Princess Bride (1987) ("Inconceivable!!")
5) Rashomon (1950) (another Kurosawa!)
6) Ikiru (1952) (means 'to live', another Kurosawa masterpiece, and no Mifune to be found.)
7) Drunken Master 2 (1994) (Jui Kuen II = original chinese title. Known outside hong kong as The Legend of the Drunken Master.)
8) LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001) (I can't abide the second film of the series and nominating a group of 3 movies as the 'best movie ever' seems lame.)
9) Star Wars; Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980) (Irvin Kirshner is worth his weight in gold.)
10) Russian Ark (2002) (Russkiy Kovcheg = original Russian title. St. Petersburg Museum, 2000 actors, 1 camera, 1 shot!)

Speedy Samurai reserves the right to change any entry in the previous list without notification or reason. Speedy Samurai also reserves the right to call you names should you disagree with anything posted herein.

Thats the movie with Hal, right? And you liked that movie, really? Where you high when you watched it? Because that's the only way I can imagine that movie being good watchable, and even then its a stretch.

There are a lot of ideas in the film that were great, the sound, lighting, and cinematography were amazing as well. Plus I've read the book on more then one occasion so I understand what's going on.

My Top 10

1. Monty Python's Life of Brian (Terry Jones): Peerless comedy, savage and inspired.
2. Annie Hall (Woody Allen): Good enough to beat Star Wars IV to the Best Picture Oscar in 1977.
3. The Deer Hunter (Michael Cimino): Epic and harrowing, De Niro's best movie IMO.
4. The Big Lebowski (The Coen Brothers): Funny, clever and brilliantly written.
5. 2001: A Space Odyssey (Stanley Kubrick): Hypnotically brilliant, prophetic visions of the future.
6. Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King (Peter Jackson): Just epic.
7. One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest (Milos Forman): Awesome performances by many actors here.
8. A Clockwork Orange (Stanley Kubrick): Surreal, shocking and fiendishly funny, a modern masterpiece.
9. The Exorcist (William Friedkin): Ominous, gratuitous and thoroughly nasty.
10. King Kong (Peter Jackson): Superb remake of a classic story

...and 11-20 :D

11. Local Hero (Bill Forsyth)
12. Boogie Nights (Paul Thomas Anderson)
13. The Shining (Stanley Kubrick)
14. Trains, Planes & Automobiles (John Hughes)
15. Moulin Rouge (Baz Luhrmann)
16. Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain (Jean-Pierre Jeunet)
17. The Fisher King (Terry Gilliam)
18. The Killing Fields (Roland Joffé)
19. Trainspotting (Danny Boyle)
20. The Blues Brothers (John Landis)

Last edited:
Let's see... No particular order,

Star Wars series
Back to the Future I-III
Ghostbusters I-II
LOTR I-III
Old School
Rush Hour I-III
Robin Hood: Men in Tights
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Indiana Jones I-III
Saving Private Ryan

Damn hard to do and I know that I will want to change and tweak this within 30 seconds of posting it. However, in no particular order, here we go....

• The Big Lebowski (I love the Coen brother's films, but it had to be the dude)
  • Blade Runner (Got under my skin as a youngster and still refuses to go - now have the ultimate edition so I can be truely sad and watch one of five different versions)
  • Chan-wook Park's Vengence Trilogy (Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance/Oldboy/Sympathy for Lady Vengeance - all uncomprimising, brutal and disturbing, but wonderfully intellegent and stunningly shot)
  • Withnail & I (Funny beyond all reason with so many great lines)
  • Heat (Single best Mann film without a single wasted frame of film, roll on the Blu-ray release)
  • The Third Man (Orson Wells finest role and an exellent adaptation of a great book)
  • Casablana (actually could have gone for almost any Bogart film, but this one just has so many wonderful moments in it)
  • The Wild Bunch (best western ever, with an interesting look at the cowboy as the 'era' they live in comes to an end)
  • Clerks & Clerks II(proof you don't need a budget and proof it doesn't hurt to have one)
  • The Player (Altman and Robbins together = stunning, actually I could have gone for so many Tim Robbins films, Shawshank, Bob Roberts, Jacobs Ladder, etc).

Honourable mentions could go to a huge number of films, but I do have to mention Apocalypse Now, Dr Strangelove, Fargo, Easy Rider, The Usual Suspects, Star Wars, LotR, True Romance, Reservoir Dogs and so many more.

Famine I hate you for making me pick, too many great films.

Damn you

Scaff

I would've figured High Noon or The Good, The Bad and The Ugly for the best western.

I would've figured High Noon or The Good, The Bad and The Ugly for the best western.

Both very, very good, but neither as good (in my opinion) as The Wild Bunch. As an aside I would also recomend The Proposition as an excellent take on the western (being an Australian western).

Scaff

Damnit! I knew I'd forget about Clerks... I always do. Its still one of my favorite movies, and its a damn shame that I was a shade too young to appreciate it back in the day. It really only came onto my radar when I was in High School, by that time, much of it making a helluva lot more sense. I think there is a bit of difference to being say 11 or 12 and watching it and say, being 17 or 18 and really being able to appreciate it.

1, Dog Soldiers
2, Snatch
3, Shoot Em Up
4, Face/Off
5, Ice Age (ahem)
6, Battle Royale
7, The Fast & The Furious
8, Bad Boys 2 (just for the fact i can watch it over and over and never get bored of it)
9, Fight Club
10, Se7en

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back