ICGTC Season 4 - Ended

Well the 2 stop strategy would have kicked me in the butt if it had started raining, so it was clearly a risk to take. 3 stopper meant 8 laps stint and 2 stop meant one 10 lap stint and two 11 laps stints. Those 2 laps pr stint was slower of course, but theoretically faster than a extra pit stop. But if it had started raining I would have had to pit just as much as the rest of the guys and I would then lose that time spent going slower 2 laps pr stint.

As the cloud over throughout my second stint scared me, it never started to rain and it payed off. But if it had started rain I would have regret not pitting at lap 8 or 9 for sure.

One thing for sure is that the dynamic weather makes for interesting races. To bad it's not on every track. First of all it looks brilliant with a very nice atmospheric lighting and it gives a extra dimension to pit strategies and risk taking. When you know it's not going to rain no matter what, it do feel a little to easy compared to if you don't know. You lose that extra dimension the chance of rain gives you.
It should come with a forecast system though and a warning system over a "team radio" would make it a bit more real. But now I need to stop as this is not a wishlist thread :crazy:

Sorry for not making it guys but my Internet was screwed up. Hope you guys had fun

The computer finally ordered.

• CM Storm Trooper Gaming Big Tower
  • Corsair AX 850W PSU ATX 12V V2.31, 80 Plus Gold, Modular, 4x 6+2-pin PCIe, 12x SATA
  • MSI Z77A-GD65, Socket-1155 ATX, Z77, DDR3, 3xG3-PCIe-x16, SLI/CFX, Lucid Virtu, DrMOS, VGA, DVI, HDMI, UEFI
  • Intel® Core i7-3770 Processor Socket-LGA1155, Quad Core, 3.4Ghz, 8MB, Boxed w/fan
  • Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB CL9 Kit w/4x 4GB XMS3 modules, CL9-9-9-24, 1.5V, Vengeance Heatspreader, 240
  • MSI GeForce GTX 670 2GB PhysX CUDA PCI-Express 3.0, GDDR5, DVI-D+DVI-I, native-HDMI, DisplayPort
  • 2x Corsair SSD Force Series 3, 120GB 2.5" SATA 6 Gb/s (SATA3.0), 550MB/510MB/s read/write, SandForce® SF-2281, w/bracket
  • Seagate Barracuda® 1TB SATA 6Gb/s (SATA 3.0), 64MB Cache, 7200RPM, 3.5"
  • Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit English
  • 3x Acer 27" LED V273HLObmid

I guess it's overkill for iRacing, but I also want to test the new car games coming out shortly.

And I'm sorry, I know this doesn't belong here, I just couldn't help myself ;)

Last edited:
Wow, that's some serious stuff up there Erik :scared:
Yes, I like to go all the way when i first go out there!!
240gb of SSD's? Seems like massive overkill ;)
I know, but one of those disks are already here and I rather put it to use than have it on my desk ;) And the other one was part of the "group buy" I did on the computer. I might put up some sort of RAID to give it even more speed ;)
nice stuff i guess erik.. hopefully you'll stay in gt5 too...
I will finish this season, after that I can't promise I go on. GT5 have given me a great time, but I feel it's time to move on. But you never know, because I do like to race with you guys.

Very nice Erik !!!

I think Erik will stay with us because we have such a great community here , it will take him some time to build up a friend base in I Racing . So we will probably have him until then .

I'm hoping to get my I Racing package end of August the earliest , christmas would be the latest .

Erik, I would like to ask permission from another car .... if possible.
Toyota's Lexus ----> Honda NSX Raybrig

I still get several seconds a lap, maybe a bit less to get on with Honda. :)

Other.
Good luck in iracing. I compete with GT5 there before 1.5 years. Div 4 and "A" was liszenc me. You will be sure to Div1!

I have been studying for an exam so wasn't able to do much over the weekend. Targeting a Wednesday or Thursday release.

Erik, I would like to ask permission from another car .... if possible.
Toyota's Lexus ----> Honda NSX Raybrig

It's quite clear in our rules that after the official season start we stick to the car we did pick. I can't really be bothered that people didn't test all the cars before they picked it. If I let one guy change car I have to let everyone change their car and we could have chaos. So I would have to say no.

And I think a lot of guys could do a wonder lap in the NSX, but we don't race one lap, so do like the rest of us, try figure out the car you do have and you can go just as fast.

I spent 10-20 minutes on the ENEOS for gorsad before the season started and he just shaved off a second off his time with my setup. With that setup I could go faster than I did with my GT-R around SPA. So I suggest you send babalulu a PM and ask for help with the Lexus, he knows a few things about it and he is very helpful.

I guess after he finishes season 3 he will do season 4 .

I'm looking forward to SSR5 which Falcon should do next , its my only race win :)

It's quite clear in our rules that after the official season start we stick to the car we did pick. I can't really be bothered that people didn't test all the cars before they picked it. If I let one guy change car I have to let everyone change their car and we could have chaos. So I would have to say no.

And I think a lot of guys could do a wonder lap in the NSX, but we don't race one lap, so do like the rest of us, try figure out the car you do have and you can go just as fast.

I spent 10-20 minutes on the ENEOS for gorsad before the season started and he just shaved off a second off his time with my setup. With that setup I could go faster than I did with my GT-R around SPA. So I suggest you send babalulu a PM and ask for help with the Lexus, he knows a few things about it and he is very helpful.

Exactly, i know i wanted to switch to the yellow hat supra at the end of S3 since i wash' t going to make the start of S4, but Erik stayed with the rules and i had no problem with that, but Erik' s Right, if you need help with tuning the Lexus you can PM me and i will help you out with the tune you are comfortable with!

I guess after he finishes season 3 he will do season 4 .

I'm looking forward to SSR5 which Falcon should do next , its my only race win :)

haha yea i remember that race.. it was a very good win! i remember us practicing that track to get good tire wear!

Just to let you all know, I should be there this weekend, no plans as of yet so I'll get to practising some time this week :)

It will be good to see Team Arta on track with both cars .

Yeh I look forward to seeing all of your videos Falcon , its a good way for me to show my friends in other countries the type of competition I'm dealing with.

I will be on for some Nurb GP/F practice soon today.

Signup for round 4 | Nurburgring GP/F circuit | 48 laps | June 30th |

1.SkengDigi

Last edited:

1.SkengDigi

Reserve:
gorsad

Nothing will stop me from racing this time.

1.SkengDigi
2.zzxxz

Reserve:
gorsad

gorsad
Nothing will stop me from racing this time.

Unless we get a full grid of full time racers :sly:

1. SkengDigi
2. zzxxz
3. anastasis14

Reserve:
gorsad

seems like the thread is being more active than last 2 weeks.. that is a v good thing.. lets keep it active guys!

1. SkengDigi
2. zzxxz
3. anastasis14
4. Arkano6

Reserve:
gorsad

1. SkengDigi
2. zzxxz
3. anastasis14
4. Arkano6