Iran

• Thread starter s0nny80y
  • 458 comments
Kill every damn one of them?

So if you even suspect WMD in the Middle East then use a WMD to kill every man, woman and child in the country!

Apparently you both misread my post.
I said that part of me wanted that, it's not like I would actually advocate a genocide. Jesus...

I believe that Muslim extremists will try to get their hands in a WMD, and if they do, then it's goodbye Israel.
So something is going to have to be done.

And no, no middle eastern country should be allowed WMDs, for obvious reasons, it's bad enough that NATO has them, they're not used for anything apart from a show of power.

I said that part of me wanted that, it's not like I would actually advocate a genocide. Jesus...

So, the part that wants it, isn't exactly part of you? Schizophrenia?

If a terrorist wants a WMD he should go to Russia. They have plenty of them, and plenty of people to bribe. Iran on the other hand still has nothing. So no need to worry about that, yet.

So, the part that wants it, isn't exactly part of you? Schizophrenia?

No, it's like if you had to chose between 2 people for something, if you chose one person the other will get mad, and vice versa.

It would be bad to launch a preemptive strike, but at the same time, not doing so would also be bad.

If a terrorist wants a WMD he should go to Russia. They have plenty of them, and plenty of people to bribe. Iran on the other hand still has nothing. So no need to worry about that, yet.

If they could do that then they would've done it already.
And that's exactly it, yet.

I think you have a bit of paranoia in your system.

Iran having WMD's or even a nuke doesn't change the situation much, except putting Iran on the same level of leverage as Pakistan, India or Israel.

At the latest UN meeting last week, only Israel was talking about bombs and threats to world peace etc. etc. Obama spoke about a diplomatic solution, as did Ahmadinejad. No war talk from them. The US is in no position to go into another war, just like Iran.

Apparently you both misread my post.
No, your post was quite clear. A part of you does advocate genocide, the part that wants to do it.

I believe that Muslim extremists will try to get their hands in a WMD, and if they do, then it's goodbye Israel.
So something is going to have to be done.
The vast majority of Muslim extremists have a much bigger issue with NATO forces being based in Saudi, due to it being the location of Mecca that they do with Israel.

And no, no middle eastern country should be allowed WMDs, for obvious reasons, it's bad enough that NATO has them, they're not used for anything apart from a show of power.
I've not advocated anyone having WMD's but given that Israel may well have Nuclear Weapons (they have neither confirmed nor denied this since the '60s) are you now going to call for it to be wiped off the Earth (well half of you will anyway).

They are after all a country in the Middle East who may well have WMD's and have a long history of aggression towards other states in the area.

You're damn right I have paranoia about that, housing WMDs in the terrorists backyard is going to catch up with the world sooner or later. And what happens when the other middle eastern countries starts building WMDs?

Edit: I have no problem with Israel having WMDs.

At the latest UN meeting last week, only Israel was talking about bombs and threats to world peace etc. etc. Obama spoke about a diplomatic solution, as did Ahmadinejad. No war talk from them. The US is in no position to go into another war, just like Iran.

So, when Israel starts a new war, it is ok? :dunce:

As I have said before, Israel is on the same level of war mongering as Iran.

You're damn right I have paranoia about that, housing WMDs in the terrorists backyard is going to catch up with the world sooner or later. And what happens when the other middle eastern countries starts building WMDs?
Why?

In the entire history of WMD's exactly one country has used them, as such you are not exactly working with an established precedent here. I also think you are seriously underestimating how difficult is is to effectively use a WMD.

Its not exactly like you can just wander around with nuclear material you know. Miss-handle it and you don't get very far at all (and that doesn't mean a big bang at all).

Why?

Exactly what makes them different

Dude, trust me, there is no way that terrorists will get a hold of a nuke. The government supresses its own people, let alone terrorists. Sure, the terrorists in Iran are crazy, but they're all near the borders of Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iraq. Also, I've been in Iran, and trust me, the deserts there are so boring and vast, that the Nuclear facilities are most likely and literally in the middle of nowhere.

:D I knew that, just wasn't sure.

Btw, do you call yourself Iranian, or Persian? I have 2 Iranian friends who insist that they are Persian.

No, I live in the GTA, Vancouver is a nice place though. The best place in Canada to eat Japanese foods :D.

I call my self Iranian, as Persian sounds kinda like you're from Iran but hate it, so you refuse to call yourself Iranian and instead call yourself Persian.

Yeah, it's kinda like that. Both their dads left Iran when the Shah was kicked out of power...

Why?

In the entire history of WMD's exactly one country has used them, as such you are not exactly working with an established precedent here. I also think you are seriously underestimating how difficult is is to effectively use a WMD.

Its not exactly like you can just wander around with nuclear material you know. Miss-handle it and you don't get very far at all (and that doesn't mean a big bang at all).

All it would take is one little thing for a catastrophe, be it a trickle down of technology to terrorists, or a slip up on the governments part.

Why?

Exactly what makes them different

Because one country has terrorists bent on their god, (or something along those lines.) and one country doesn't.

And I trust Jewish people an infinite times more than all of the other middle eastern countries.

Really?? I need to explain your ignorance?? Please re-read the last 2 or 3 pages, maybe then you will understand.

facepalmu.gif

Exactly what is wrong with not trusting someone?

Someone? You don't trust an entire region.

Israel is just as bad as the countries it accuses of being threats. the only difference is that they have an ally called the USA.

And the fact that they most likely actually have WMDs.

Really?? I need to explain your ignorance?? Please re-read the last 2 or 3 pages, maybe then you will understand.

facepalmu.gif

Someone? You don't trust an entire region.

That is correct. What is so hard to understand about that?
Hell, I don't even like walking through a small city, let alone a desert with gun wielding maniacs.

MÜLE_9242;7668679
Israel is just as bad as the countries it accuses of being threats. the only difference is that they have an ally called the USA.

And the fact that they most likely actually have WMDs.

So what if they do?

Bopop, do you go to Guelph for University by any chance?

No I don't, considering options though, why?

You clearly need help. And you need to be informed about the world, as your view is very narrow minded.

I disagree, ever since I could listen to a radio, or watch TV I have seen only bloodshed and chaos in non-first world countries, and in first world countries, everyone is stealing, lying and thieving their way to the top.

It's all going to go down the tubes someday, and when it does, I want my people to be the ones who survive in the middle east, that's all.

I disagree, ever since I could listen to a radio, or watch TV I have seen only bloodshed and chaos in non-first world countries, and in first world countries, everyone is stealing, lying and thieving their way to the top.

It's all going to go down the tubes someday, and when it does, I want my people to be the ones who survive in the middle east, that's all.

You are profoundly ignorant if this is how you feel about the world. More so if your primary source of information is mainstream media, which panders out far more negative content because it gets attention and ratings.

And "your" people are hardly better than any other people in the world.

You can think that way if you want to, but I have my own beliefs and I believe that the world is a giant hell hole full of people trying to get ahead.
There is no real purpose to life, so all you can do is try and be happy on your way through.

Iran is just another one of those things that makes life depressing, and I really don't want to go through all the psychology crap that I had to go through years before from thinking about that, so good day and I hope that you never see the time when it all goes down.

You can think that way if you want to, but I have my own beliefs and I believe that the world is a giant hell hole full of people trying to get ahead.
There is no real purpose to life, so all you can do is try and be happy on your way through.

For someone your age, you seem to have a pretty poor outlook on things. I'm really quite curious how you've ended up at this conclusion so early in life. Or obtained enough information and experience to make sweeping statements about the whole world.

Actually the world is quite different from Call of Duty games. If something, the main factor of war in the middle east is indeed Israel (which can be indeed consider the nation who creates bloodsheds in first world countries like Palestine, like in the Gaza war a few years ago which created a humanitarian crisis that lasts until this day. And they do steal, lie and thieve their way to be supported by the western superpowers).

Apart from that, TV media and main broadcasts assets in the west tent to be bias against countries which interests are against their own, so no, it's not like evil terrorists nation will attack defenceless countries, because Israel is indeed the maker of quite a few wars (6 days war, 1973 war in which they won the Sinai against the Egyptians, but then they returned those lands in exchange of Israel recognition as a state, the lands they captured from the Syrians were never returned and they still technically at war) and to be honest Israel is indeed a terrorist nation.

The sum of all this wars, the humanitarian crisis and the oppression they have done against the Palestinians(Because it is a thing that happens, and western media never addresses these things) have created a big hatred against Israel, well justified hatred mind, but those nations never resorted to attack Israel directly with WMD even if they had the capacity (Only Saddam did this, and it was only to see if he could get support from other Arab nations in the region during the Gulf War).

So no, I have checked the situation and the assessments that each nation has done in the UN council, and Israel indeed keeps talking about war, while both US and Iran look towards a diplomatic solution that doesn't involve any military conflicts, as Israel might want because is not convenient for them to have a nation with WMD capacity that can threaten the region, because they keep this advantage to keep occupying disputed territories which they have to resign from, or dispute, not to mention the humanitarian crisis in Palestine that they have created during the last half century.

Back