Israel - Palestine discussion thread

I do not understand this. This literally took me 2 minutes:

It's your post, the onus falls to you, not others. This has been repeatedly explained, and that's from 2011 and doesn't support your claims!
If the IDF claims are unsubstantiated, every death count is unsubstantiated too. It works both ways.
It really, really doesn't, and it's quite odd this needs to be explained.
The Times paywall has a workaround that I've explained before but I'm not sure if it's approved here (it's an archive site).
I know the work-around, currently the Wayback Machine doesn't have an archived version, and again the onus isn't on me to go hunting for it.
This is the relevant quote:
Thank you.
This should also be shown to those sixth formers with a binary view on the world - an actual slave of ISIS and captive of Hamas who says there was "no difference" between them:

Complains weirdly about "sixth formers with a binary view on the world" while using The Sun as a source, and you honestly have the gall to accuse others of 'being like MAGA'. First off the odds of me clicking on that and giving them traffic as on par with a source from The Daily Mail, neither are reputable sources, it's at least a step up from Reddit and Twitter, but we are talking a low bar here.

Oh and the 'context', you've still explained that either (because it wasn't context)

Last edited:
Complains weirdly about "sixth formers with a binary view on the world" while using The Sun as a source, and you honestly have the gall to accuse others of 'being like MAGA'. First off the odds of me clicking on that and giving them traffic as on par with a source from The Daily Mail, neither are reputable sources, it's at least a step up from Reddit and Twitter, but we are talking a low bar here.

Oh and the 'context', you've still explained that either (because it wasn't context)
I'm done.

You are discounting the lived experiences of a slave to ISIS and prisoner of Hamas because the source is The Sun. This woman was a child when she was raped, forced to become a mother, continuously pressured to convert to Islam and fed the remains of dead children. That you can't be bothered to seek out her story is more a reflection on you than me.

There is nothing more I wish to discuss with you.

Have a good day.

I'm done.
I very much doubt it.
You are discounting the lived experiences of a slave to ISIS and prisoner of Hamas because the source is The Sun. This woman was a child when she was raped, forced to become a mother, continuously pressured to convert to Islam and fed the remains of dead children. That you can't be bothered to seek out her story is more a reflection on you than me.

There is nothing more I wish to discuss with you.

Have a good day.
Then you should have zero problem finding a credible source, it's not a negative reflection on me to require well sourced material, and providing it should be the minimum standard. Your source has a track record of having zero problem with inaccurate and false reporting and a very good reason exists why you will struggle to purchase it in the city of Liverpool.

That you can't be bothered to seek out a version of her story that doesn't come from a source notorious for skewing and slanting stories as well as just making **** up because they feel like is entirely a reflection of yourself though.

I mean, why not just use Wikipedia? Is it because the way The Sun writes it makes for better outrage bait?

That you can't be bothered to seek out a version of her story that doesn't come from a source notorious for skewing and slanting stories as well as just making **** up because they feel like is entirely a reflection of yourself though.

I mean, why not just use Wikipedia? Is it because the way The Sun writes it makes for better outrage bait?
Most likely because the Wiki piece clearly highlights what is known to be factual and what is uncorroborated.

Last edited:
Back