New! Japanese 90's Challenge

• Thread starter bigburt82
  • 107 comments
Yeah, finally something to grind in monaco. Was about time. And trial mountain reverse, how awesome is that :)

Can´t wait to get home tonight!

1st time I drove the track in reverse. One word: awesome indeed! Ok, that's two words.

Really enjoyable in the old Supra@400PP with SH tires.

This seasonal is a good excuse to finish setting up some cars I've been ignoring.

I tried a NISMO 270R but it was waaay overkill.
I then went to a 300zx ('89) and was still destroying.

I'm looking to find an underdog for this one.
These 5 lap races give you plenty of time to make your way to the front.

This Seasonal Event is pretty cool actually. I have several 90's Japanese cars in my garage that I had yet to use.

The '91 Mazda RX-7 is quite the machine.

Very fun seasonal. Took a stock Enos roadster `91 put sports softs on, turned off traction control and killed the first two races.

I tried a NISMO 270R but it was waaay overkill.

I'm looking to find an underdog for this one.
These 5 lap races give you plenty of time to make your way to the front.

Mitsubishi GTO. Standard with comfort softs. Closest I got to "racing".

Just found out the Suzuki Alto RS-Z is very good around Monaco. It's size helps you just skim all the armco.

Fully tune it.

Sports Hard.
10/90 on the torque centre controller, so almost rear drive.
Up all the torques on the LSD.
Use handbrake a lot!!!!!!

Last edited:
I am loving Toscana. With a properly setup car, you can literally go round the track without using the break.

Is it me or did you find scrolling through the Hondas, mazds, Mitsubishis, Nissans and Toyotas a bit tiring.

Anyways, good seasonals.

Wow. Cool Event.

I have lots of cars set up for this already. I will have to use a different one for each race.

This is the seasonal I have been waiting for. 90's Japanese cars are where it's at.

MR2 GTs, NSX, Civic type R, Soobaru, and many more will enjoy this.

Using stock NAX, stock wheels, going sideway, very fun indeed
They should release this Japanese car race more often

Can you use this even though its not from the '90s? I was sad when I saw the Nissan EXA is from '88. :guilty:

So far, the Toyota Soarer is probably the most fun... an engine overhaul, some new shocks and gearbox and its away laughing. Also ran the Toyota Sera and Honda Insight for good fun!

Going to throw the Mazda Lantis/323 at it later... a lot of fun little cars, anything that you can wind up to about 200hp, and around 1000kg is good fun... drop down to 130hp for more of a challange...

I used the Silvia Dia from the premium garage, with sports hard. Had to go with a low ratio box and semi racing suspension too, but it was fun and close @ 400pp

I had fun using my Nissan Skyline R32 "Premium" just dropped the hp to 290 to get the PP from 451-450 on Sports/Hard, In some races it was overkill

Has anyone found that the AI lineup is of a lesser quality for the Trial Mountain race? I used a '99 celica on SH last night, came first by over 15 seconds at Trial, but struggled in the other races I attempted.

I had fun using my Nissan Skyline R32 "Premium" just dropped the hp to 290 to get the PP from 451-450 on Sports/Hard, In some races it was overkill

I just did exactly the same. Pure stock, detuned and it was a walk in the park. Toscana was a treat in the Godzilla 👍

Cool opening shot at Grand Valley. I don't remember them having the camera in a low front shot and panning across the nose then to the side of the car. Maybe I just didn't notice before, but thought that looked cool.

I noticed that too. Very nice indeed.... and I was in the Civic Type R, which is a Premium.... good video!

The Civic, with PP448, coasts all tracks. Easy peasy....!:)

Im getting sick and tired of having to drop 100pp below the AI just to have a "race". When can we have a proper high speed battle, without being afraid of humiliating the AI with a car that's essentially the same as theirs.. :(

Has anyone found that the AI lineup is of a lesser quality for the Trial Mountain race? I used a '99 celica on SH last night, came first by over 15 seconds at Trial, but struggled in the other races I attempted.

My guess is that the real difference is that Trial Mountain is just a longer track, giving us more time to catch up to (and pass) the AI.

Im getting sick and tired of having to drop 100pp below the AI just to have a "race". When can we have a proper high speed battle, without being afraid of humiliating the AI with a car that's essentially the same as theirs.. :(
I don't know I sort of enjoy turning 1:36.xxx laps of Trial Mountain reverse in my 450PP Cuore Avanzato TR-XX (J) '97 and beating the AI by around a minute!:crazy::D

Sure beats trying to get PDs "perfect" line around the regular track so I can get a win with an underpowered fiat...:drool:

My guess is that the real difference is that Trial Mountain is just a longer track, giving us more time to catch up to (and pass) the AI.

Good point. I thought it might have been that this has been my favourite track variation since GT1, or that the other tracks were driver error due to me driving at 3 in the morning.....

I don't know I sort of enjoy turning 1:36.xxx laps of Trial Mountain reverse in my 450PP Cuore Avanzato TR-XX (J) '97 and beating the AI by around a minute!

You and your nutcase micro machine. :crazy:

I don't know I sort of enjoy turning 1:36.xxx laps of Trial Mountain reverse in my 450PP Cuore Avanzato TR-XX (J) '97 and beating the AI by around a minute!:crazy::D

Sure beats trying to get PDs "perfect" line around the regular track so I can get a win with an underpowered fiat...:drool:

Yeah, really the only thing you can do is start giving yourself challenges. I tried to get Fuji done in under 10 minutes with my 450pp Subaru Impreza 22B STI (?). Still need to make up over 10 seconds. (2:04 first lap, should get the rest done in under 2mins, but I always mess up at some point)

Back