New! Another ONLINE B-spec Challenge Seasonal Event

• Thread starter bigburt82
  • 106 comments
My Bob's have decided that they like the McLaren and prefer to watch it win. 3 straight races they ran it down from 16 seconds back, got on it's back bumper and then let it pull back away. This years crop of Stigs is horrible.

So many times I have seen my bob run thru the field only to get to the leader and decide to follow it for the rest of the race despite my constant prodding to pass and pace up. Maybe they need to offer up an electric cattle prod in the upgrades.

Sorry to rez a, "mostly", older thread but I thought this may help some new people regarding B-Spec and the new batch of Seasonals. I like to live by a mantra of keeping things as simple as possible (and yes, I am aware of the fallibility of that where THIS game is concerned), and as such, perhaps help some newer players get comfortable and provide wisdom and success.

Ok enough hyperbole form me lets get nitty gritty:
say you are new to the whole B-Spec thing or even the game in general and not certain where to go? Strapped for Credits maybe? BOTH?!?

New B-Spec Seasonal race 1: grab an Opel Speedster '00 (non turbo version) and put some Sports Hard Tires/Tyres on it. That is it. Have a BoB of at least lvl 10 and you can grind away at this race making credits and leveling that low level bob like no business. By lap 4 you will be in 1st and never even touched the controller except to start the race. So every 7 minutes you will have accrued 120k-240k credits as well as the XP and the helmets. Save up to BUY that Chapparal 2J in no time.

OK Ill go back to being a lurker now.

Sorry to rez a, "mostly", older thread but I thought this may help some new people regarding B-Spec and the new batch of Seasonals. I like to live by a mantra of keeping things as simple as possible (and yes, I am aware of the fallibility of that where THIS game is concerned), and as such, perhaps help some newer players get comfortable and provide wisdom and success.

say you are new to the whole B-Spec thing or even the game in general and not certain where to go? Strapped for Credits maybe? BOTH?!?

New B-Spec Seasonal race 1: grab an Opel Speedster '00 (non turbo version) and put some Sports Hard Tires/Tyres on it. That is it. Have a BoB of at least lvl 10 and you can grind away at this race making credits and leveling that low level bob like no business. By lap 4 you will be in 1st and never even touched the controller except to start the race. So every 7 minutes you will have accrued 120k-240k credits as well as the XP and the helmets. Save up to BUY that Chapparal 2J in no time.

That´s a good advice 👍

But if I don´t have or find a Speedster , what should I do ?

:)

raVer

Cool first post mate 👍:)

That´s a good advice 👍

But if I don´t have or find a Speedster , what should I do ?

:)

raVer
Consider this: the Opel Speedster '00 is a prize car from the B-Spec Schwarzwald League A Expert race. Could win it there I suppose. I am also certain it can be found in either OCD or UCD; and possibly a prize car from a ticket. I am assuming that because my main acct has 3 of them for some reason...

Also for the follow up race at SSR5, try a Shelby Series One Super Charged '03. Available from OCD and needs nothing ala tyres/tires or tuning/oil change; just use AS IS. Unless you have the Opera performance S2000 from the License reward (IA) as others before me have stated. Not gonna lie, the Shelby will have you biting nails as it runs. It wont take 1st til last lap (depending on driver level) but it makes for some great racing action to watch.

3rd Seasonal I was trying it with a default Panoz Esperante GTR1 but it never takes the lead just 2nd every time no matter how close (closest was .003 SECONDS!! grrrr). Maybe it requires SOME tuning. I just know that in the 10 or so tries Ive not seen one 2J or the Mclaren BMW GT; just Citroens, Jags, Vettes, Vipers and the normal GTs.

Hope this helps a lil.

*EDIT: just note I have no interaction with BoB during these races, just start race and let him do his thing. That in mind MAYBE hands on with the Panoz would win. I just like to watch though. :)

Last edited:
On the 500pp race, I used a GSX-R/4 Concept fully tuned, then limited to 500pp. It took 1st place on lap 3 with little to no coaching. I won by over 4 seconds to a NSX Type R. My Bob was a level 24.

On the 650pp race, I used a Furai Concept fully tuned, then limited down to 650pp. It took 1st place on lap 8 with a lot of help, lost it on lap 9, then regained it on the last corner on lap 10. I won by .226 to a F1 GTR. My Bob was a level 24.

Last edited:
I found a Zonda R(limited down), even with a level 20 Bob, can beat even the F1 around Indy with coaching, if there is no F1 or 2J .there is a good chance he can win without coaching.,

Edit/ BTW that is a fully upgraded Zonda.

What car did you guys used to win the 400 and 500 PP Races? I only won the 650PP race with the Zonda.

What car did you guys used to win the 400 and 500 PP Races? I only won the 650PP race with the Zonda.

400PP I used the FT86 (the old one) and the 500PP I used the Shelby (NOT the Mustang Shelby)

The 400PP is a breeze the the Toyota and the 500PP you MAY need to push your bob up the road a bit depending on the field. (1 out of 5 races you will need to do this)

Volkswagen Lupo Cup Car for the 400 PP race, and a Honda NSX-R for the 500 PP deal. The Mazda Furai served me well for the 650 PP races. I need to keep using the B-Spec Seasonal races to upgrade my B-Spec team.

I have two NSX'es that I've won the 500 PP races in. The one I've mostly used is the 1991 Acura NSX (Race-Modified). My other one is the Premium NSX-R from Honda.

I have to say, this Spa B-Spec race may be my favorite B-Spec event in the whole game. So much fun to watch, but at the same time still fairly easy to win.

400pp: BMW 2002 '73
500pp: Berlinette R/S Coupe '99/MX5 '07
650pp: Zonda R

All modified with emphasis on weight reduction over power. Won all races easily with those cars.

I was really looking foreward to new A-spec seasonals.

Oh well, I'll do these some ware during the weekend.
Might be good to get a bob up to 40 finally. :D
or 500 races.

Back