Not So New - ONLINE B-Spec Challenge No.2 [2/1]

At least give PD some credit for trying.
So far the seasonals have changed several times, sometimes they got better, sometimes they got worse.
Looking at the reactions (and the fact that I won them all while watching TV) I would say this is not PD's best decision to date, but at least they try.

I got shift 2 in april last year (that's 5? months after the GT5 release)... I don't see them giving us new content.

So far the seasonals have changed several times, sometimes they got better, sometimes they got worse.
Looking at the reactions (and the fact that I won them all while watching TV) I would say this is not PD's best decision to date, but at least they try.

I got shift 2 in april last year (that's 5? months after the GT5 release)... I don't see them giving us new content.

They can try but that does not change the fact that they are a bit boring and take 1 millenium to finish due to the insane ammount of laps.

Ask yourself this question:

"Could I, as a player with no experience in game design, and only my current knowledge regarding what other players want from the game, make better decisions than PD in respect to type/quantity/scheduling of seasonal events?"

If you answer "yes" to this question, then the only conclusion that you can logically arrive at is that PD, as I said, has their heads up their asses.

400PP at Madrid, UCD New Beetle RSi with oil change (dialled back with power limiter) and MR tyres caught the Prelude Sil on last corner of final lap. An exciting and fun (read nail biting) go.

Id like to thank PD for giving us another way to grind out some easy credits. I just started playing in December 2011 so i need all the credits i can get to get all the best looking cars.

I used the Zonda LM Car which can be bought from the OCD for 1million creds which is a bargain in my opinion.

Thanks again PD if your reading this.

madeye
Id like to thank PD for giving us another way to grind out some easy credits. I just started playing in December 2011 so i need all the credits i can get to get all the best looking cars.

I used the Zonda LM Car which can be bought from the OCD for 1million creds which is a bargain in my opinion.

Thanks again PD if your reading this.

The a spec seasonal pays better. Way more fun too ;-)

Some people nagging in the forums? Yup, a new seasonal MUST be up. Did the 400pp with the Merc 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II '91 with Oil Change Light On and a Cool lvl 32 Bob; ditched the 'lude on the last lap no sweat . On to the next none...

Did the 500pp in the tail-happy RUF BTR '86 with the same Bob; he rammed (literally) his way to the first position. No coaching, just enjoying his recklessness at the wheel.

Did the 650pp in the BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '07 with yet the same bob and no coaching, took the lead midway in the first lap, that Ford GT was cookin'. Bob wasn't reckless on this one; Im thinking he likes to really drive dirty in the Big RUF.

Last edited:
400 PP - Circuito de Madrid Mini

Opel Speedster no part upgrades, oil change, comfort soft tires, power limited to 140 HP, level 25 Bob with no user input.

Won by 6.244 seconds with a time of 5:37.299 (would have been more, but he was in first the entire last lap and cooled down as a result).

400PP - Used a detuned GT86, it cleaned house without any commands.
500PP - Used a Maserati GranTurismo, cleaned house again.
650PP - Used an R34 TC, won on my third try. Then went back with an Aventador and won before the first lap. Gotta love abusing the low-tier grids.

400PP-Mazda Atenza(Premium)
500P-Opera Performance S2000
650-Mclaren F1 GTR

The a spec seasonal pays better. Way more fun too ;-)

Yeah i know it does. When i have the time i do that race a few times to help me level up the A Spec. Only Level 31 on that.

I Hit level 40 on B Spec today doing the 2 laps of the Nurburgring 24HR.

You cant lose with the Zonda. Its a fail proof way to be guaranteed the max creds and a win.

Just waiting for that 2J to pop up in the UCD now. I saw it once when i started the game but i didn't have the 15million creds required to purchase the car. Thats probably the most unique car in this game with the looks and speed!!

400PP-:Suzuki GSX-4 (first in third lap)
500PP-:Nissan GT-R `09 (first in second lap)
650PP-:Ford GT LM Prototype II (first after 5 minutes)

Bob: Senna (Lvl 39) in #1 & #3 and S.Vettel (Lvl 39) in #2

Tried the 650PP race with the Zonda LM Race Car with Senna (Lvl 39)
Catched the McLaren BMW F1 GTR LM Race Car in Lap 1 prior the long straight.
Didn´t manage to overtake him until the end. Finished Second place, 0.3 seconds behind... Next time I try it with Schumacher..... Damnit.

They can try but that does not change the fact that they are a bit boring and take 1 millenium to finish due to the insane ammount of laps.

They are really really boring, I agree. However, people are getting so angry at PD for doing this. I just wanted to shine a different light on things.
Insane number of laps? Really? It's 5/5/2 laps!

Ask yourself this question:

"Could I, as a player with no experience in game design, and only my current knowledge regarding what other players want from the game, make better decisions than PD in respect to type/quantity/scheduling of seasonal events?"

If you answer "yes" to this question, then the only conclusion that you can logically arrive at is that PD, as I said, has their heads up their asses.

Type:
Yes, people prefer A-spec over B-spec.
Quantity per update: Yes, rather the old 5 than the new 3 events. They probably have a reason for doing it this way.
Quantity of updates: People would like to have events as often as possible. I think PD found a nice way of keeping the game interesting without having to make new seasonals too often.
Scheduling:
If I had to do it myself you'd be getting 1 event every 2 months :D
I know the community would like daily updates, but I don't think PD can or want to do this.

However, this would all be safe bets.
PD gave us a real challenging B-spec event last time. With a big community it only takes a few hours for people to find a car and tactic that is a sure win, but at least it took more time than with most events to find the winner combination. It was challenging.
They'd never done this and the reactions were very positive, mainly because of the huge payout, but also because it was a first look at B-spec the way it should be. Although I would personally not have made the step they made now, I do get that they want to explore the possibilities of B-spec seasonals.
The big mistake they made (imo) is that they didn't include the same events in A-spec, so B-spec would be a bonus. Now its all we have.
So, I don't agree with you that PD has their heads up their arses.
I also think that PD will not do this again :)

Hasn't anyone tried the 400PP race with the 1200 ’66 yet? That is one fun race! :D Overall, yes, I'm disappointed. Once I realized it was a B-Spec event my first thought was... umm, great, another 2 weeks to wait. :grumpy:

Easy money with some troll-ish cars for the 500PP and 650PP races 👍

500PP - Honda NSX-R
650PP - Pagani Zonda R

Hasn't anyone tried the 400PP race with the 1200 ’66 yet?

Yes! It was a max tuned car, changed some components and added ballast and slight power limit to get 400pp. My level 19 driver couldn't get past the lead car (Integra?) and came second on its tail.

I've recently been doing my premium RM collection so tried the same driver in Golf IV RM (no extra tune) with a bit of ballast and he won by around 2 seconds with 2 prods.

Went for the Silvia RM for the 500 pp with level 28 Bob and he took the NSX on final lap, only actually pulling away from it on the final straight for less than 1 second win. I prodded him 3 or 4 times to keep him in the red.

Not tried the 'Ring yet.

I'm slowly gaining more interest in B-Spec. I'm not having much time for A-spec racing at the moment, so I can do some B-spec while feeding the baby or entertaining my other child!

I have one question. I added 200kg to my Chapparal 2J and it still isn't even close to the 650 Limit. How are you guys getting the 2J in that race?

Madrid- Honda Civic(premium) 1st 4/5 laps
Fuji- NSX RM 1st beginning second lap
Nurburg- Lamborghini Diablo Racecar 1st last lap final straight. 👍

Getting some huge payouts on the 650pp and leveling my bob up too.

Started with level 16 bob now upto level 30.

Won every time no coaching BMW Mclaren F1 GTR Race Car.
Turbo stage 3 then brought the engine down to reach 650pp.

Average laptime 8:37.590

Getting 170% payout makes it 714k i think each race.

Type:
Yes, people prefer A-spec over B-spec.

Is something stopping them from releasing both? I think not.

Quantity per update: Yes, rather the old 5 than the new 3 events. They probably have a reason for doing it this way.

And this reason could be..... what exactly?

Quantity of updates: People would like to have events as often as possible. I think PD found a nice way of keeping the game interesting without having to make new seasonals too often.

I agree that weekly is often enough for updates. I never questioned this.

Scheduling:
If I had to do it myself you'd be getting 1 event every 2 months :D
I know the community would like daily updates, but I don't think PD can or want to do this.

Why not? If you can set up a lounge with a certain track and tire/PP/car regulations, there's no reason you couldn't set up an A-spec event just as easily. It's not like they have to model the tracks and cars, they're all already there. They just have to code the regs, choose the prizes, and make a title. One person should EASILY be able to make 20 seasonal events a day if they so chose.

So, I don't agree with you that PD has their heads up their arses.
I also think that PD will not do this again :)

You're entitled to your opinion, but consider this: Do you ou admit that the current seasonal is a pathetic excuse for "new content", and see that almost every person on this forum, given 15 minutes, could come up with better and more extensive ideas for a weekly event update?

If so, come back down to earth and stop defending PD when they don't deserve it.

Reply in bold.

400PP-:Toyota 86 Concept (yawn, I hate Rome)
500PP-: Lotus Elise 111s detuned
650PP-: New Lambo (was interesting to see that thing barrel down Nurburgring)

I used a BMW Mclaren F1 GTR Race Car for the 650PP Race, easy win got in the 2º place by the 3:35 minute and 1º by the 4 or 5 minute cant remember well now. I was proud of my Bob he crushed the other drivers, was an awesome race. My Bob is Level 31 good exp and money of course. I think im gonna farm on this race, the A-Spec one i only won one time, the other tries i become 3º or 2º place :grumpy: It is more fun of course but i win less money then this B-Spec race. I tried a lot of cars but everytime i try the race the Mclaren and Zonda are always there!

Rich_Wolf
I have one question. I added 200kg to my Chapparal 2J and it still isn't even close to the 650 Limit. How are you guys getting the 2J in that race?

Can't verify now, but don't you install higher turbo upgrade? If so uninstall it and you should be ok.

Put on the default turbo. This should bring pp down to around 666-667 then add ballast until pp hits 650. The 2J wins this one easily with no coaching

Last edited:
Dazmeister22
Put on the default turbo. This should bring pp down to around 666-667 then add ballast until pp hits 650. The 2J wins this one easily with no coaching

Much appreciated :)

400PP - Vauxhall VX220 Turbo '00
500PP - Suzuki GSX-R/4 Concept '01
650PP - Pagani Zonda R '09

Won all, no coaching with level 26 and level 31 drivers.
Sharing all three cars, so send me an FR if for some odd reason you have trouble finding the right cars to win these races...

400: Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo (my car in real live)
500: Callaway C12

and 650: ZR1 RM
-> look at the tiny gap... lol
can anyone beat this?
c0y6rnp4ouqck05l0.jpg

Last edited:
400PP - Dome zero concept '78/mini cooper S '11
500PP - spyker C8 laviolette '01/BMW M3 GTR
650PP - Zonda LM racecar/Chevrolet Corvette RM (don't know which one excactly will update)

Last edited:
Madrid in a stock Toyota 86 on Sports Softs - Level 40 Bob - Easy

Fuji in a tuned Lancia Stratos with about 53kgs of ballast then slightly detuned to 500pp on Comfort Softs - Level 38 Bob - Very Easy. Possibly explained by the 331BHP its kicking out :D

Nurburgring in Chap 2J with 79kgs of ballast then detuned very slightly to 650pp on Racing Hards - Level 38 Bob (Neither the Ford GT or the Audi R8 were in the race) - Very easy

My 2J has got the High RPM turbo it and I was easily able to get it to 650pp with only 79kg of ballast & 93.7% power. It's only 678pp even with 100% power and no ballast :confused:

EDIT - High RPM Turbo & 200kgs of ballast takes mine to 646pp.

Last edited:
Back