Not So New - Online A-Spec Challenge No.3 [2/15]

I used the Triumph Spitfire on the 400pp with sport mediums, and it was a blast. (Fairly easy win, but lots of fun drifting the last corner of Tsukuba). All bolt-on mods with a semi-racing exhaust, but no permanent engine or weight mods.

For the 650pp race, I couldn't get 'r dun with the R35 TC against the McClaren...kept coming in 2nd about 2 seconds behind. (I'll admit SS5 isn't my best track :)). Piece of cake with the Mac F1 though.

And BTW - RReed43's times are right on target. 👍

Soon it will be up.....gonna upload to youtube now...

http://www.youtube.com/user/BLUES40T5/videos

:lol: awesome.

That's just goofy. Too bad there aren't some nice swampy areas on ARM to cut across. :)

Last edited:
Yes Yes Yes......finally after 5 tries..... 1´st in 2CV type A ´54..400PP...close racing...fun.

hehehe....that car is soo ugly...but in a fine way :)

Did the 400pp in the premium Lancia Delta with sport soft tyres (and a lovely exhaust note).

For the 500pp I used the TVR Tamora, again with sports soft tyres.

how is your R/4 < 400pp?? mines like 460 or somethin

111hp - I dumped all the performance mods, added ballast, cut downforce, etc. Thing is, with this track, you're not really going to be getting much benefit out of downforce or high HP anyway, so even an underpowered car can still be a screamer here. I'll look up exact numbers when I get a chance, and post them here.

ETA: 111hp, 800kg, 160 lbs ballast in position (-6). Power level 50%. Final gear ratio 6.000:1 (very quick off the line and out of corners). Top speed set to 112mph. Downforce all the way down to minimum.

With the power levels set that low, the car is hitting its power peak at around 2000rpm, and holding that power level to the 11800rpm redline, so it's quite smooth. The torque peak is at around 2000 as well, and tapers off with higher revs, so it's quite easy to control without any driving aids (ABS = 1, all others off).

Try it out; it's fun, but it's certainly no challenge, as you can pass anyone on course at will.

ETA2: Just ran it again with this setup, using Comfort Soft tires. Won by 1.424 seconds over the Prelude SiR '96. Much closer race!

XP for the win on this event is 35400 after the 200% bonus (so 17700 w/no bonus).

Last edited:
I don't know if it's because I've been on skyrim for 3 months. This series of 650 pp challenge and cape ring tt feels a lot tougher than what I experience months ago.
Took almost an hour to get gold with near stock Shelby and more than 2 tries for 650pp challenge 1,2 and 3. In r35 tc or f1 race car no less.... The way I read it, it should piece of cake in either cars.
I think difficulty has gone up but probably u guys improved faster than the challenge

Here's the XP totals for first and with the 200% multiplier:

1) Autumn Ring 400PP - 35,400
2) Nurburgring 500PP - 87,800 (For only 3 laps!)
3) SSR7 650PP - 133,200

Looks like I will be Lvl 40 by the weekend.

not a bad seasonal, the ticket could have been better. if you're looking for an easy win on the 650pp race, go with the 2j, beat the GT LM spec II by 20 seconds + spinning out on the 2nd lap because i was stupid and thought i was superman on the first hairpin :P entered it too quickly :L

not too bad of a reward from the ticket - Lupo Cup Car '00

I found the 650PP race a challenge.I used the Zonda LM RC against the Ford GT LM . I have my TV brightness set quite low (better for movies) and I had trouble seeing the track.The bright sunlight didn't help either.

I only had a free hour to play today.Tomorrow I'll have more time to play with different cars..

Thanks for the reply i had racing soft's on at the time but reading the post below me looks like im not alone. I went up ageist that ford gt aswell Ill just refresh till a easy car is first then.

Th Zonda Lm will overtake the McLaren on third lap on racing softs
Camaro and 3000gt did the rest

I've looked over this thread and many people seem to say that the 650 pp race is a challenge. I don't think it should be even considered a test of your skills. Now I don't have a 2J but everybody here should have a Mazda Furai. At 650 pp it has about 600kg of weight and 400+ hp with full downforce.

This car doesn't get the publicity that the 2J gets but I think is the second best handling car in the game (IMO). It's a prize car for the b-spec Mazda roadster race and is easily obtained. I'm by no measure a quick driver, but I do use a DFGT. This car will smoke the McLaren F1 GTR with no stress. My first run out I lapped a 1:15.1xx without learning the track at all. I see a 1:14.5xx easily possible for me.

Hope this helps some.

Last edited:
400pp race: Just ran it in the new Fiat 500 @ 380pp. Easy win. Ran it again, this time in the '82 Audi Coupe Quattro (360-ish PP). Put on Sports Softs, nothing else touched. Again, easy win, by over 20 seconds. Did some mods, got it up to 480-ish PP, ran the 500pp event in it; again, easy win.

made me chuckle, great job,

can you please share , on your hardware & setup, how do you get your replays up to youtube?

* VW 1200´66 setup:

* Chassis weight reduction -stage 3

* Window weight
* Carbon bonnet
* Rigidity improvment
* Aerodynamics - downforce rear : 5
* Ballast amount kg: 21
* Ballast position: -20

Engine :
* Sports ECU
* Engine tuning: Stage 3
* Turbo: Stage 3
* Sports intake manifold
* Racing air filter

Exhaust:
* Sports exhaust manifold
* Catalytics converter :Sports
* Titanium racing exhaust

* Transmission fully customisable transmission
* Clutch - Twinplate
* Flywheel - Semi-racing
* Standard differerential

Suspension: fully customisable kit
I just lowered the car´s ride heigt...front: -25,Rear: -25

Brakes : front: 5 Rear: 5

Tyres : Racing soft....front and rear.

That´s my spec on this vw 1200´66

http://www.youtube.com/user/BLUES40T5/videos

400pp- Hommel Berlinette (is it right?) easy win
500PP- GTO Twin Turbo with some tunning to air intake, transmisson parts, easy win
650pp- Fairlady Z Concept LM Race Car, with 200%, Cr895200 per win, easy money.
I tried other cars on 650pp, like zonda`09, Ford spec II, but the Fairlady Z is perfect for the job. Did Cr20000000, then spent on one Formula GT and Audi R8 LM(or something) on the collectors dealer. Easy money this 650pp.

Just done the race three times, in the Ford GT LM against the BMW = 2nd, in the Nissan fairlady z concept = 2nd, Zonda LM = 1st place half way through 3rd lap. Moral of the story is...Zonda is made for this track :-)

And for all my effort I won a Honda Integra Type R '95 :-(

Th Zonda Lm will overtake the McLaren on third lap on racing softs
Camaro and 3000gt did the rest

Did it again today for an easy credit (I need the vintage alfa) and I meant 4th lap. No way I could have done in third.
Sorry

I won with the McLaren F1 easily. and at 133000 Exp. for 6min 19sec.'s work has become my new grind to get to level 40 A-spec.

roamer2629
Did it again today for an easy credit (I need the vintage alfa) and I meant 4th lap. No way I could have done in third.
Sorry

The old Alfa race car is a must. It's one I really enjoy on any track.

I ran them all with the DS3, I was going out and didn't have time to set the DFGT up.

The first two are easy and I ran a Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione '91 tuned to 400pp and on SS tyres then a Lotus Elise at around 460pp on SS again, for first run wins. The third race I came second with both a McLaren F1 GTR Race Car #42 '97 detuned to 650pp on RS and then a detuned Minolta Toyota 88C-V Race Car #36 '89 and finally won it with a Zonda LM Race Car #24 all on RS and turned down on the power limiter.

I'm not keen on the night time track at the best of times! So am happy I managed them on the DS3.

tried to make these a challenge. Won the 400pp race with the 66 bug from the DLC, then modded it for the 500 pp race, beat the AI on the last lap. Won buy a few seconds. 650pp race, modded a 2004 M3 with racing softs, fully modded got 2nd place. Not bad for a street car with less then 500 hp against full race cars. I think i'll try modding a M3 CSL tonight to go for the win. Then i'll try out some other cars and work them up through the PP ranks to see how well they do. Fun when you do it this way. I'm pretty sure almost any race car could win the 650 pp race if driving decently.

400pp Stock Merc 190E Road Car on sports softs - Easy

500pp - Stock Suzuki GSXR/4 on racing softs - Easy

650pp - Tuned Suzuki GSXR/4 on racing softs - Easily passed everyone except the Ford GT, which I couldn't gain any time on at all, I didn't lose any time on it either though. (I got the Suzuki tune off here somewhere, unfortunately though I can't remember where. Fairly sure it was one of the tuning shops though)

I like the new seasonals! Finally a bit of a challenge. SSR5 is a great track, especially with some powerful cars. We've had a bunch here with low pp, but this is great! A fun race for the Lambo NOMAD Diablo.

Back