Not So New - Online A-Spec Challenge No.3 [2/15]

400pp: i did it with a 85hp Life Step Van '72 3xxpp

500pp: stock premium S2000 on sports softs (nurburgring blue color)

650pp: F1 gtr in default settings

400pp: K's Dia, untuned. Got gold on my third try. Not my favorite track but a good challenge for beginners.

500pp: my TT tuned Evora. Smoked it on the first try. Love this car.

650pp: my Suzuka enduro tuned Fireblade. (It looks amazing at night in cockpit view with its Reflex Spice paint job.) So far 3rd is my best after 3 tries. 27 seconds down. Don't see how I can pull that off. Anyone else try this car?

1st seasonal I used a Golf MkIV total stock with Sport Hard. Passed 1st place at the beginning of lap 5

2nd I used a Scirroco, with a few sports tuning parts and Sports Hard Tires. I think it comes in at around 457 pp. Passed first place on the easy right before the chicane on last lap.

3rd used a stock Zonda R with Racing Hards, passed the Viper for first on the hairpin left of last lap.

Fun seasonal although I'm not a huge fan of SSR5, it will be fun to see just how far down in pp I can get my super cars before I can't win.

These cars sound like fun for these events. Thanks for the tip :)

400PP: Toyota 86 GT 2012 + racing soft
500PP: Aston Martin V12 Vantage 2010+ racing soft
650PP: Lamborghini Aventador 2011 + racing soft
... easy winning...

I used the Takata Dome NSX '03 for SS5 with a best lap time of 1:15.808. This and the Ford GT LM Spec II are perfect.

A level 1 ticket??!!??

Meh.

There's not even a level 1 list on this board - it starts from 2.

Just checking on granturismo.net to see what the best possible outcome is.

Quick data trawl

97 cars:

mean 56,749 (average of all values, obviously weighted by a few at the top)
median 29,910 (value of the car in the middle of the list)
mode 29,980 (most common value)
max 625,000 (Schwimmwagen)
min 20,770 (Fiat 500F '68)
prem 30
std 67

Most likely outcome: Mitsubishi 3000 or GTO

Last edited:
I was struggling on ssr5 even in a detuned audi r8 05! Wait till you have a Corvette as the lead car. Passed it on lap 2. Now for a more challenging setup! Nice seasonals but not enough to my mind. Still.

A level 1 ticket??!!??

Meh.

There's not even a level 1 list on this board - it starts from 2.

Just checking on granturismo.net to see what the best possible outcome is.

Quick data trawl

97 cars:

mean 56,749 (average of all values, obviously weighted by a few at the top)
median 29,910 (value of the car in the middle of the list)
mode 29,980 (most common value)
max 625,000 (Schwimmwagen)
min 20,770 (Fiat 500F '68)
prem 30
std 67

Most likely outcome: Mitsubishi 3000 or GTO

Hadda laff - I cashed mine in, have a look what I got...
img0006pa.jpg

Oh yeah, a new ticket!:dopey:

Have you noticed the rally cars in the ocd update? I smell some rally events coming on the next updates:D

And a brand new Veyron! Come on down!

And they're almost all old really cars. A mixed tarmac & dirt seasonal with them would be great!

I;m going to try these with some lower powered cars on my main account.

Did 400pp in the GT86, 500 in a Lotus Carlton and the 650 in the Premium XJR9 all first attempt with a new save I have started.

Love the money generated but I kind of miss the early ones they did with the likes of the premium Focus which took loads of effort to crack them. They all seem to be just a grinding exercise now.

What I used to claim the first wins:
400PP: Cappucino with 88HP and 638kg, sports medium, the key to this event is to make sure your car drives like a kart
500PP: The same old NSX-R 500PP special
650PP: McLaren F1 GTR race car (AGAIN)

and i won a premium S13 Silvia...

Last edited:
400 pp - Citreon C4 Coupe 05 - Racing Hards - passed leader on last lap, finished about 2.5 seconds ahead. No corner cutting and using my brand new G27 (my cockpit is still in the mail, so I'm using a gerry rigged set up). I'm pretty used to the mini ring though, so it was pretty easy all-in-all. Had 395 pp (I had added an Aero kit to it)

Also did it in a Puegoet Turbo 16 '85 on racing hards. That was a bit easier.

500 pp - Toyota r390 GT1 Road Car on Race Hards. Pretty easy.

650 pp - Ended up trying this one several times, but won with the McLaren. Racing softs. Hate that track at night.

Anyone want a good challenge? Try the 400pp in the Nissan Leaf, with the stock comfort medium tires. I am not that good and I can get third so want to see if someone can do it.
How the bloody heck did you manage 3rd. At 333PP on stock tires I could only grab 5th. I'm not sure it's possible to win with no upgrades, but it was fun trying.

400pp-gsxr-sports hard.
500pp-gsxr-sports hard.
650pp-zo6 rm-racing soft.
lvl 1 ticket-lotus europa in eucalyptus green.
took about half an hour-roll on the next set.

BLUES40T5
Soon it will be up.....gonna upload to youtube now...

http://www.youtube.com/user/BLUES40T5/videos

I bought a schwimvagon and tuned it with all the extras. Painted it in a nice metallic silver and put on some racing soft and dominated the race. Will try with sports hard and see what i can do. If I brake in a corner it tipps over forward:)

Edit: did it with comfort soft and won by 3 seconds in my Schwimvagon. :)
393 pp with a propeller in the rear.
Will lower the pp and see how low I can go in this beast.

Last edited:
Back