Not So New - Online A-Spec Challenge No.3 [2/15]

350 pp and comfort soft in my Schwimvagon beast for car or what to call it. Won by 0,9 seconds:)

400pp - mk IV more or less stock
500pp - tuned Mini Cooper, on about 460
650pp - R33 TC so long as there's no F1 GTR, otherwise the R35 TC will bet anything, even on race medium

These A-Spec challenges are getting a bit dull, with the same PP range and same sets of opponents every time. Why don't they at least add 550 and 600pp races?? :grumpy:

Oh well, the SSR5 is a fun, short track for grinding I guess...

400PP - 400PP GT86 - Easy win, but had fun chucking the GT86 around Autumn Ring.
500PP - 491PP GT86 - Also an easy win, but had fun chucking another GT86 around the shorter GP track.
650PP - 631PP Aventador - This one actually took me 3 tries. It's quite the challenge for an average driver like me. :lol:

400PP: Mazda RX-7 FC on CS. Took till late on in the last lap to pass the leading Prelude.
500PP: Mitsubishi 3000GT SL '96 40PP under limit but on RH.
650PP: Furai on RS after failed try in a CT230R.

Ticket reward was an FTO GPX '97. I already have a GP Version R '99 though...but hey, at least more people might be convinced to try my tune with all the 3000GT SLs flying around now. :)

Also, is it just me, or is the 500PP race a damn good money maker? Took me 5 mins to do it with the 3000GT and it gave me 600,000 Cr...anyone convinced?

400PP: Mazda RX-7 FC on CS. Took till late on in the last lap to pass the leading Prelude.
500PP: Mitsubishi 3000GT SL '96 40PP under limit but on RH.
650PP: Furai on RS after failed try in a CT230R.

Ticket reward was an FTO GPX '97. I already have a GP Version R '99 though...but hey, at least more people might be convinced to try my tune with all the 3000GT SLs flying around now. :)

Also, is it just me, or is the 500PP race a damn good money maker? Took me 5 mins to do it with the 3000GT and it gave me 600,000 Cr...anyone convinced?

I agree, I have always thought the 500PP (A & B) seasonal challenges offer some of the best time to prize money ratio for grinding.

For 500PP events I've used the same car, a tuned/upgraded Lotus Elise '04 with some ballast and engine limiter, final gear adjusted for tracks. Easy to win with.

For the 400PP seasonal challenges (A & B) I always use a tuned/upgraded Eunos Roadster J-Limited (NA) '91, winning is easy, but the payout ratio to time is not as good.

For this 650PP A-spec challenge, I used the BMW McLaren race car to win after losing to it first time around with another car. The grid cars seem to be more of a factor this event.

Last edited:
How the bloody heck did you manage 3rd. At 333PP on stock tires I could only grab 5th. I'm not sure it's possible to win with no upgrades, but it was fun trying.

I took about 10 tries, and a few "hip checks" of the other cars. The Leaf actually corners pretty good when you can stay on the racing line. When you have to try to dodge the AI with those tires you either end up off the track or you loose too much speed. I eventually won it in the '71 (I think) Nissan 240 ZG.

peterjford
I took about 10 tries, and a few "hip checks" of the other cars. The Leaf actually corners pretty good when you can stay on the racing line. When you have to try to dodge the AI with those tires you either end up off the track or you loose too much speed. I eventually won it in the '71 (I think) Nissan 240 ZG.

What are the stocktires on that car? Comfort hard?

For the 650PP A-spec challenge, I used the Honda Raybrig NSX running at around 612pp set top speed to 180 won with ease.

Going to try it again with S2000 GT1 Turbo at 600pp then maybe go down to a 550pp car.

Not tried the other races yet.

wish they'd switch it up a little. vary the race lenghts, cars limitations and what not. But any new Aspec seasonal is a plus for sure. I usually try pretty crappy cars and tune them until I can win with them.
I have too many cars tuned to 400-500 and 620-650 now. LOL

Far too easy using Racing Soft tyres will try making it harder using lower PP car.

650pp - R33 TC so long as there's no F1 GTR, otherwise the R35 TC will bet anything, even on race medium

Here are the times of the various top cars you will come up against in this event.
Ford GT LM RC 6:45
Zonda LM RC 6:44
McLaren F1 GTR 6:39

You need to average under 1:21/lap to beat the GT and Zonda. You need to average under 1:20/lap to beat the McLaren F1.

Typically the first lap with traffic and cold tires is about 2 seconds slower than the rest of the laps. If you run a 1:22 on the first lap and then 1:2.xxx on the remainder you can win against everything but the McLaren. You need a 1:21 first lap and 1:19.xxx to beat the McLaren.

I am also using the R35 TC. I can beat the GT and Zonda on racing hards but I need racing mediums to beat the McLaren. My best lap with racing mediums is 1:18.796.

I've only done the 400PP event. When I remembered that the tire choice is unrestricted, that's when I slapped on the Racing Hards on my 1990s RX-7 and took care of business.

I will eventually do the Nürburgring GP/D and Special Stage Route 5 events. Something tells me that the SSR5 deal is going to be difficult even though I am a veteran of SSR5. I'm pretty sure I will not do the SSR5 event after I win because divine intervention will always prevent me from winning the last event of such Seasonals after having won it once before. In my history of doing the Online A-Spec Challenges, I cannot recall winning the 650PP event more than once.

Back