New! ONLINE B-spec Challenge Seasonal Event

• Thread starter bigburt82
  • 133 comments
I did the HSR in a bone stock Mitsubishi Galant 2.0 DOHC Turbo VR-4 '89. I had to coax Bob a little with an Overtake here and there, but finished first. 👍

I'm at B-Spec 40 so, gear and Cr would be the only reason for me to grind these.

Blitzed them all fairly easily, high level drivers make it really simple, especially if the car is dominant to start with. I expect this will be the first of more B-Spec seasonals, I just hope they don't release one at once and mix both A and B spec events into one. Nice to see a refreshing change, although I would've expected the usual 5 odd races.

Pontiac solstice concept (stock) on HSR
Acura NSX RM on Rome
Zonda LM Race car on Tokyo.

Easy wins without even taking care of the Bobs :sly:

I thought these were fun. Though a mix of A-Spec and B-Spec would be nice for Seasonals.

Used Bob Level 34 (B. Rich)

1. High Speed Ring - Used the Civic Type R (EK) [RM] '97.

Worked REALLY well. Little sucker moved. I was in first within a few laps.

2. 500PP Rome City - Used the GSX-R/4 Concept '01.

B. Rich Bob did just ok in this one. He took over first early in the 4th lap.

3. 650PP Tokyo Route 246 - Used the Sauber Mercedes C9 Le Mans '89.

At first I was getting VERY upset I was having real trouble getting into first.
Though my B. Rich Bob was doing pretty well. Then I realized that the first
description was wrong and it was Racing Hards not Sport Hards.
After that my B. Rich Bob CRUSHED the other AIs and I was in first after
just a few laps. Easy money, but a little too long of a race.

I almost fell asleep.

I have always believed the "I hate B-Spec" crowd were a minority.

This seasonal somewhat proves it.

Uh, I thought about it, and not getting a new A-spec Seasonal that nobody promised to you has nothing to do with B-spec Seasonals. Did you actually notice that most Seasonals are actually permanent, and there's about 20 to choose from?

Does anyone prevent you from driving? No.

Apparently you think that you can enter a race only once and then never look at it again. Try online. New races every day.

Nobody promised anybody anything, I didn't say they did, did I genius? I said NEW races.. so your argument about old seasonals is moot.

Answer the part about the ''Real Driving Simulator''... You forgot that in your feeble attempt.

you mean the 26 a spec seasonals that are still up plus the ones that have already been cleared off that list, and you moan about 1 b spec seasonal that you dont have to do.

NO- because INSTEAD of A-Spec, they put out a B-Spec. If it was BOTH an A-Spec and B-Spec, I wouldn't care. I know this seems to be a difficult concept for some of you people. NEWS FLASH- some people bought GT5 for the driving, not watching a retarded computer try to drive for you.

Last edited:
I do agree about the fact it would have been nice for both A and B-Spec seasonals instead of either or. B-Spec is a love it or hate it affair that I personally feel adds another string to GT5's bow. Sure the way it has been incorporated into single player isn't the best, however compared to the previous installment in which you could B-Spec every event, it's a step in the right direction. Those who like the drive can still do so, it's merely a nice option to have when your not able to physically sit and play. 👍

As for the Real Driving Simulator, I don't wish for this to be argumentative, but it's both a 'Driving Simulator' and just simply a 'Simulator' isn't it? At least that the way I look at it. :)

TypeRDC5
What?? I was hoping for a spa seasonal with all the tc cars!!
Dont really see the point in b spec seasonals.

They wouldn't put a spa seasonal with Tc cars because nit everyone cab afford them. They did a seasonal that everyone can do.

BWX
NEWS FLASH- some people bought GT5 for the driving, not watching a retarded computer try to drive for you.

If you are looking for some driving challenge, why don't you try to show your talent on this week time trial @ Tsukuba vs real players :sly:

I do agree on the fact they could have give us both A & B spec seasonal too 👍

I think there should be more B-Spec Seasonals. I have only won the Rome Circuit event. High-Speed Ring, my drivers could only manage a top finish of 3rd. One of my racers can only manage 2nd. With the Seasonal format, where you start dead last and try to work your way up to win, it can be tough trying to get up to the top and win. "Zero to hero" is tougher in B-Spec than in most A-Spec races.

Otherwise, this is a great opportunity to boost up your B-Spec level while also getting handsomely paid. Let your B-Spec racers (I hate using "Bob" to describe them) get the experience needed so they can enhance their skills. Use the resources available to you. Don't forget to get up to the 200% deal. MAD love to PD for coming up with this Seasonal!

I used the Schulz Motorsport N24 for the 650PP race and got 2nd place, about 20 seconds behind the 1st place BMW F1 GTR - that car just took off while Bob was stuck behind traffic. Then I used a detuned Furai and was 1st by the 3rd lap.

For the 400PP race, fairly easy with a Lupo Cup car.

Haven't done the 500PP one yet.

I've only tried the HSR race so far, my bob lost by 0.022 seconds with an Audi S3 fresh from the UCD and constant coaxings to go faster. My bobs need more exercise it seems (lvl 20).

Fun concept, it mixes things up and lets me use more of my garage.

BWX
NEWS FLASH- some people bought GT5 for the driving, not watching a retarded computer try to drive for you.
👍

I don't see why some characters feel provoked just because one said something against B-Spec or in this case the B-Spec seasonal; they have not insulted your family, it's just a game; not even that - a game mode ... chill.

And it is always the same 🤬 old line: if you don't like this, if you don't like that ... race online; when will you people for once accept that in the real world there is room for more than only your opinion ...

I will give it a try tomorrow - currently pretty much occupied with BF3 and Uncharted 3; both great games ...

I don't see why some characters feel provoked just because one said something against B-Spec or in this case the B-Spec seasonal; they have not insulted your family, it's just a game; not even that - a game mode ... chill.

And it is always the same 🤬 old line: if you don't like this, if you don't like that ... race online; when will you people for once accept that in the real world there is room for more than only your opinion ...

Thank you! About time someone said it. :bowdown:

I think B-spec is ok...and it is optional as a seasonal and gives a race to the people that like B-spec. I personally would rather be driving, but to each their own right? :)

If you are looking for some driving challenge, why don't you try to show your talent on this week time trial @ Tsukuba vs real players :sly:

I do agree on the fact they could have give us both A & B spec seasonal too 👍

I was 9th in the USA when I did it.

I think B-spec is ok...and it is optional as a seasonal and gives a race to the people that like B-spec. I personally would rather be driving, but to each their own right? :)

^This. I can't say that I'm excited about it, but this is a community after all, so why not let the B-Spec fans have their turn.

For those complaining about this Seasonal just because it's B-Spec as opposed to A-Spec, at least this is something different. Don't you at least give PD credit for trying to expand upon the range of Seasonal Events with something like this? This is a different challenge. And besides- B-Spec racers, whether you like them or not, need some challenges outside of the in-game races. I also get tired of hearing/seeing people say that B-Spec is the computer playing itself for you. B-Spec was primarily mostly about being your own racing team principal in guiding racers to doing better. GT5 actually does this much better than GT4.

So let's not treat B-Spec and this B-Spec challenge like how the Standard cars are mostly treated. Let the B-Spec boys/girls play already!

BWX
I was 9th in the USA when I did it.

with what lap time ?

Too bad there's no worldwide contest :sly:

My bad, it is a wolrd contest, 1st american is 27th with 1.03.461, just managed a 1.03.765 for 55th worldwide.

Last edited:
with what lap time ?

Too bad there's no worldwide contest :sly:

I dunno, I'll have to check. I just counted the American flags to where I stood. It was 140th overall or something like that- At the time.

Detuned R10 TDI is my new cashcow..440k a race isn't bad while I'm farming the ucd.👍

You see BWX, there's a lot of different way to have fun in this game, A Spec, B Spec, Time Trials, Drift, lets just enjoy the game as it is mate 👍:sly:

If that's the case (Post #84), I may well tune down my Peugeot 908 or some other car. Good thing is that the Tokyo R246 event is ten laps because there's no way in Hell you're going to pass eleven fast cars from 12th place in five laps on a track like Tokyo R246. I also have the R10 TDI as a car that can be borrowed, but I'm using the 908 HDi FAP as my high-end Premium Le Mans racing machine. I may try Tokyo R246 and High Speed Ring again to try to claim Gold in both.

You see BWX, there's a lot of different way to have fun in this game, A Spec, B Spec, Time Trials, Drift, lets just enjoy the game as it is mate 👍:sly:

Believe me I do. No A-Spec seasonal after I support PD by buying DLC though? Whatever.. they'll have one out eventually.

Driver's Club anyone??

To JohnBM01 I did ithe Tokyo with a Zonda LM race car and my bob was 1st after 3rd turn in lap 4 without coaching him at all :sly:

For the HSR just used a Pontiac solstice concept full stock with same result.
A friend of mine used a Ford RS200 and was a bit faster though 👍

@ BWC for sure we'll have more A-spec next time ;)

BWX
LOL- but it is currently replacing actual driving as there is no A-Spec seasonal. Instead we get B-Spec which requires no actual driving.. in GT5, the ''Real Driving Simulator''. It has nothing to do with being obligatory or not.

Think about it.

Thought about it, and it most usefull to me. Being the type of guy that finds the practical in anything, this sates my desire to acquire credits with minimal effort.

The fact that I can enjoy my football (both associate and gridiron), or read a book, whilst bob takes care of my grinding with little input from me = a big score for me.

Besides, being the type of guy that enjoys gazing at cars, this is more than perfect for me. I can relax and watch my beautifull babies look ever so awesome before me.

You are crying over nothing. Citing me the label does not diminish the driving simulator aspect of the game, nor replace it.

Oh, and Britney is still fine by the way. ;)

Last edited:
For the Tokyo Race, the Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth Model that most of us here in the Americas also makes for an excellent model to use for autopilot.

Using a lvl 30 Bob, just give him the level 3 turbo upgrade, increase the downforce up till it hits the 650pp limit, and you are all set to go! ^^ You dont need to give Bob a single command, merely let him go, come back in 17 minutes and wallah! A juicy amount of credits with minimum effort, rinse and repeat to your hearts delight. ^^

Back