Nurburgring Challenge Version 2 *POST YOUR TIMES*(N2, S2 and R3 Tires)

Thanks for the link -Diego-, I'll definately set some times for Suzuka after I've pigged out on the Ring!
I've been driving with the tuner cars from Japan so far and these are the lap times I have set so far:
7'45.185 - Aremburgkerve - Amuse S2000 R1 '04 - S2
8'01.057 - Aremburgkerve - Amuse S2000 Street Version - S2
8'26.427 - Aremburgkerve - Spoon Civic Type R (EK) '00 - S2

6'55.101 - Aremburgkerve - RE Amemiya Asparadrink RX-7 (JGTC) '04 - R3
7'32.482 - Aremburgkerve - Spoon S2000 Race Car '00 - R3
8'39.064 - Aremburgkerve - Spoon Fit Race Car '03 - R3

The Spoon Civic was horrible to drive!:yuck: So much understeer! It took me at least 10 laps to get a decent lap time. The Amuse R1 was an all-round good egg - good acceleration, willingness to rev, great handling - but on the racing tires, the JGTC RX-7 was the greatest fun!:)

damn, I've been trying for the past 2 hours to get my Mazda 787B to get into the 5'20s for this thread when i realized it's supposed to be on R3s not R5s.... I guess my 5'33.807 means nothing now, haha

2003WhiteSVT
damn, I've been trying for the past 2 hours to get my Mazda 787B to get into the 5'20s for this thread when i realized it's supposed to be on R3s not R5s.... I guess my 5'33.807 means nothing now, haha

It's ok, just slap on R3's and give it another go:).
And the leaderboard is updated.

Ok some more times for you, finishing off what i have in arcade mode of the tuner cars from Japan.

7'39.168 - Aremburgkerve - Nismo Skyline GT-R S-tune (R32) '00 - S2
7'51.549 - Aremburgkerve - Nismo Fairlady Z S-tune Concept (Z33) '02 - S2
7'51.781 - Aremburgkerve - Nismo 400R '96 - S2
8'00.758 - Aremburgkerve - Tom's X540 Chaser '00 - S2
8'00.939 - Aremburgkerve - Nismo 270R '94 - S2
8'25.722 - Aremburgkerve - Toyota Modellista Celica TRD Sports M (ZZT231) '00 - S2

The Nismo Skyline felt great to drive, and so did the X540, surprisingly! Loads of grip once you got used to it and quite quick!:) The 400R however, had terrible gearing - i was only able to reach 5th gear for the last 5 seconds or so of the huge main straight, and you also had very limited options for what gear for what corner. Most of these laps were the first hot laps run in these cars, so most of them should be easily beaten, but I've decided to just keep going through the Japanese cars to get more up on the leaderboard before going back to update some of these times. I can't have -Diego- hogging it all now, can I?;)

Now now...

The 400R's gearing isn't all that bad. You just can't change gear when it redlines... if you check the acceleration throughout the rev meter, at around 3 lines before the redline, it stops accelerating as strongly as before. If you change gears at that point, you will consistently get faster laps.

Very intresting thread.
I think i might join and post some great times.

I have been specializing on BMW M3, CSL and GTR around the RING.
So ill start posting my times with those cars. Ill start with BMW M3=)

Ok I have your time, but is there anyway you can give proof of your lap?
Because I know that car can go that fast but with only -10 weight?

I have the replay saved, but at the moment i don't have the equipment to upload it. I'll try to get some proof up as soon as possible.

6:38.466-Superhero Wally-Cadillac Cien '02-S2
7:29.263-Superhero Wally-BMW M3 '04-S2
7:31.629-Superhero Wally-Honda NSX Type S '01-S2

Here are more times and I have the replays for these as well. So when I can I will post the proof.

I have beat this guys time which is the best M3 time i saw in here 7'31.226 - VEXD - BMW M3 '04 -S2 tyres, -10% weight.

My current time with BMW M3 "04" is 7:30:899 S-2 tyres, -10% weight
I dont want you to add my time yet because i have made 2 mini errors and i think that i can shorten this time with 0.7-1.0 sec.

Btw that VEXD guy is really good. I wonder how many laps he has driven around the RING. :)

VEXD lives in one of those houses you see whn driving around the course.

I can tell you he's driven it less than I have :sly:

You could also check out the Weekly Race Series...?

aremburgkerve
I could do, but unfortunately i haven't got a MaxDrive, and unless i'm mistaken, you need one to take part

You do not need a max drive to participate in the Weekly Race Series, unless you start posting top times or unbelievable times. I say do the qualifier, get sorted into a division and get racing. On a completely unrelated note:

Superhero Wally
I have the replay saved, but at the moment i don't have the equipment to upload it. I'll try to get some proof up as soon as possible.

6:38.466-Superhero Wally-Cadillac Cien '02-S2
7:31.629-Superhero Wally-Honda NSX Type S '01-S2

Here are more times and I have the replays for these as well. So when I can I will post the proof.

We really need to see the replays for these laps and the Minolta lap, because they are quite fast. 2 seconds quicker than vexd in an M3 is not mucking around.

That is an incredibly fast time u got there.
I have driven BMW M3 in (GT mode) around the ring for about 70 laps + 100-120 aborted short laps (cause of misstakes).

The best time i got so far with M3 (s2,-10% w) in Arcade mode (which i recently started to race in) is 7:30:899. I think that i could shorten this time by 1 sec or maybe even 1.3 sec but that would be some crazy driving + alot of luck :=)

Could u please watch your replay and post all 11 T section times?

Cheers!

Superhero Wally

If your in the US start looking at your close's GameStop for a ActionReplay Max Evo(about $40).
If your in EU I don't know as of now, I thought I had a site but now I can't find it.

Guys, this time is fully possible.

I just shove of 1.3 sec from my time up to T7 section, but i drove off the road couple seconds later :scared:

ps.
did 36 tries, gotta hit the gym now but ill keep on working this later 👍

ps.2
god this guy is good, he is driving the M3 to its absolute limit. Great Job :D

edit: AngelCreator im not sure but is this the thing that u recomended him to buy?

EUROPE
http://us.codejunkies.com/shop/product.asp?c=GB&cr=GBP&cs=%A3&r=1&l=1&ProdID=294

USA
http://us.codejunkies.com/shop/product.asp?c=US&cr=USD&cs=$&r=0&l=1&ProdID=294

If this is the right thing then he can order it here=)

These pictures are the best I can do right now. I have the full lap of the minolta recorded, but it won't let me upload it from my camera to the computer, but i'll try to get it to work somehow. The top four times are the times I just posted and there is a picture of each car at the beginning of each lap to show the power and tire choice.

http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x118/Superhero-Wally/?action=view&current=GT4.jpg

And here are the split times for each car.
Split times:

Honda NSX Type S:
T1=46.830, T2=1:23.221, T3=1:53.198, T4=2:47.318, T5=3:28.517, T6=3:58.460, T7=4:51.647, T8=5:35.438. T9=5:58.302, T10=6:42.431, T, T11=7:07.861 T12=7:31.629

BMW M3:
T1=47.046, T2=1:23.302, T3=1:53.174. T4=2:46.711. T5=3:27.548, T6=3:56.915, T7=4:49.994, T8=5:33.975, T9=5:56.480, T10=6:40.603, T11=7:05.605, T12=7:29.263

Cadillac Cien:
T1=42.620, T2=1:14.441, T3=1:41.518, T4=2:29.786, T5=3:05.390, T6=3:28.829, T7=4:17.554, T8=4:58.031, T9=5:18.218, T10=5:58.118, T11=6:17.577, T12=6:38.466

Toyota 88C-V:
T1=33.164, T2=57.051, T3=1:18.686, T4=1:56.201, T5=2:24.022, T6=2:42.547, T7=3:19.587, T8=3:50.995, T9=4:06.163, T10=4:37.499. T11=4:54.734, T12=5:11.793

The Cien for sure can run faster than what I ran and there are probably at least a few tenths that can be taken off the others as well. But that's how it is when you're running on a 13 mile track, no one will ever extract the very best possible. There will always be somewhere you could have gona faster.

I'll keep working on getting the videos to work.

I screwed up the split times, the T11 times should be T12 or the complete lap time, I was in a hurry and trying to get them posted before I had to leave, and forgot there was a split at the overpass at the end of the straight, but they are correct now.

axon_992
edit: AngelCreator im not sure but is this the thing that u recomended him to buy?

EUROPE
http://us.codejunkies.com/shop/product.asp?c=GB&cr=GBP&cs=%A3&r=1&l=1&ProdID=294

USA
http://us.codejunkies.com/shop/product.asp?c=US&cr=USD&cs=$&r=0&l=1&ProdID=294

If this is the right thing then he can order it here=)

Yes that is the one, with that you can take your replay from your PS2 and put it on the PC.
Also you can take a replay from someone else and get it to your PS2 so you can watch it.

Yes that is the one, with that you can take your replay from your PS2 and put it on the PC.
Also you can take a replay from someone else and get it to your PS2 so you can watch it.

I´m gonna order this thing right away.
Cant wait to trade ghost replays with others and show proof of my times=)

ps.
What are the rules about driving on grass?
Is it allowed to have 2 wheels on the grass in some corners?

Just for the record ( i never touch the grass with any wheel)

Whats that about my house?

Someone tell me what time ive had beaten, so i can go and beat it back.

Ta

:grumpy:👍

Whats that about my house?

Someone tell me what time ive had beaten, so i can go and beat it back.

Ta

:grumpy:👍

Hi there!
The time you have to beat is the M3 time (s2 tyres) which is 7:29.263 set by Superhero Wally.

My current M3 time is 7:30:899.
I think its fully possible to drive under 7:29 with M3 (no wheels on grass) but that is one perfect lap + alot of luck.

I did at least 60 (aborted) tries yesterday and I´ve beat Superhero Wallys first 5 Split Times but i still have the hardest section left. Im not gonna give up untill I have driven the M3 under 7:29 which i know is fully possible=)

ps.
I have ordered Action Replay MAX EVO. I should have it next tue-wed.
Cant wait to share my times with you guys and I hope that you have some good times to share with me too=)

Ok guys lets see who can drive this wonderful car under 7:29 (no wheels on grass) :) gl

I bested my time by nearly 2.4 secs to 7:26.869. I dropped a wheel a few times, in very insignificant ways, but this time is definitely possible without dropping one at all. I also seriously think a 7:25.xxx is not out of the question. I need to get these replays up and let you guys be the judges though. I'll have to try and get the camera to cooperate.

Oh yeah, choose Alpinweiss as your color for your M3, I swear it's faster, or maybe I'm just crazy. Try it and let me know.

I bested my time by nearly 2.4 secs to 7:26.869. I dropped a wheel a few times, in very insignificant ways, but this time is definitely possible without dropping one at all. I also seriously think a 7:25.xxx is not out of the question. I need to get these replays up and let you guys be the judges though. I'll have to try and get the camera to cooperate.

Oh yeah, choose Alpinweiss as your color for your M3, I swear it's faster, or maybe I'm just crazy. Try it and let me know.

Hi Wally!
I hope its not to much to ask but, could you please make a best lap time without touching the grass anywhere on the track?

ps.
Do you have the equipment to give us some kind of proof of your times other then pictures? A replay of your time filmed and uploaded would be good=)
Im very intrested in your driving technic, I could learn alot from you I guess. 👍

EDIT: New best p-time for me. BMW M3, 7:30:268 (-0.621 sec and no wheels on grass)
ps, i dont want my time put up on the board yet. I wanna get sub 7:29 and a proof of my time first.

Hmmmm thats a good time Superhero wally, i'll find some time to run this later this week.
Well Done
👍

As for the colour, the Green is the closest match to the "Green Heaven" and therefore the PS2 requires less time to think about drawing the car a different colour, and therefore that colour is faster. :lol:

Thats my theory anyway.

But we ALL know that red cars are the fastest
:irked:👍

Ok so everyone says the M3 time is good, so I will add it to the leaderboard.
But the Toyota time still bugs me, I have the time ready to post, but will wait for now.

Ok so everyone says the M3 time is good, so I will add it to the leaderboard.
But the Toyota time still bugs me, I have the time ready to post, but will wait for now.

The guy seems honest but yea its a good idea to wait for proof.
He did promise to upload replays so we are all eagerly waiting for him to do that. :)

edit: what about driving on the grass? Is it allowed or not? Its an important rule because its easy to shove off couple of seconds if you have 2 wheels on the grass in some very high speed corners ?

I prefer no wheels on the grass (at all). This way its fair for everyone.

I'm uploading the M3 lap now, the 7:26.869 lap. So as soon as that's done i'll post the link. I'm going to rerun the 88C-V Race Car though, because the replay fades out right before I cross the finish line, which I can't figure out for the life of me. I'll try to get the other videos up as well.

88C-V Race Car Rerun Time:
5:13.815
Two seconds slower. That's good enough for now, I can always improve on it.

Here's the M3 video.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LMYWXZY0

GJ Wally!
Im downloading the M3 video now. Cant wait to see this!

edit: You are very talented driver but in my book that was too much "2 wheels on the grass" driving.

Here is some friendly complaining ( I hope you dont mind ) :)
Wheels on grass
* between 28-38 sec , slightly on the grass in 3 corners
* 2:36min, half of the car was on the grass cutting the corner
* 2:53min, 1/5 of the car on the grass cutting the corner
* 4:42min, 1/5 of the car on the grass cutting the corner
* 5:16min, half of the car (rear) on the grass cutting the corner

I do not know how much time all this grass driving earned you but i would guess 2 sec?! Its very hard to say=)

ps.
I dont really know what the rule is about this and im not gonna make anyone drive my way,
but i know that im gonna stick to my own rule which is "no touching the grass"

Wally you sure are very good and i think that you could do low 7:28 times without touching the grass anywhere on the track. But thats just my opinion=)

No offense taken. I too prefer not using the grass at all. And for me using the grass is more about intent, such as setting wheels off every turn to make up time, something I try absolutely not to do. The majority of these in this lap was caused by the disruption of the curb carrying my momentum further in and having to much steering angle to avoid setting a wheel wrong. However at 5:16 that was just my mistake of turning in too late. I just didn't feel the mistakes I made had a significant effect on the outcome of the time. The corner cut at 2:36 I believe actually had a negative effect on the time as I was not able to get out as wide for the following hairpin and couldn't carry as much speed through it as I could have. Granted on such a large course I quite possibly am underestimating the significance of them.

Back