Playstation Home Thread

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 2,153 comments
Cool to see the photo D-N, hopefully Sony includes some sort of feature to take photos in the game and upload them to the internet or a jump drive. Could be a cool feature by adding camera's you can purchase in the store or maybe even to you mobile phone thing your avatar has.

I am going to be getting both the keyboard and a bluetooth headset as I can defiantly see the advantages of having both with home. And since it seems like I'm going to be playing around quite a bit with Home I figured this would be a good time to pick both up.

Home has really grown on me since my average first impression of it. Like I said, I think it has to do with being similar to the Sims games which I've always liked. Just keep given me more items to build up my apartment with and I'll be happy. I just hope when GT5 comes out there will be some sort of space with your apartment to have a car and I hope there will be a huge choice, but I don't know how licensing will work with that.

Here are some photos of some of our exploits last night.

Image 3. Prudentbear considers Virtual suicide. :ouch:

Image 6. Donk found himself a stalker, and very nice she was to. NOT!!!!!! :scared:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 142
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 76
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 138
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 145
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 46
Nice pics Jaime :lol:. Damn stalker.......I was having nightmares last night.

When you all left there was just me and Matt (uk86ze) and lets just say he had an offer that would make you cringe and squerm.

Remember guys ''what happens on HOME stays on HOME'' :sly:.

EDIT:

Can you remeber that guy that came up to us with no shoes on and then someone asked him ''where are your shoes?'' . He then replied ''I have every pair available'' and then showed us all of them :lol: .

Later that night the same guy came up to me and uk86ze and I asked the question again ''where are you shoes?'' and guess what he said and did? :lol:

Last edited:
Nice pics Jaime :lol:. Damn stalker.......I was having nightmares last night.

When you all left there was just me and Matt (uk86ze) and lets just say he had an offer that would make you cringe and squerm.

How did he manage to get an offer worst than Billy The Stalker? Doesn't bear thinking about. :crazy:

GTPlanets first ever imaginary Lawn Mower Race

attachment.php

Were all pretending to be trees while Jaime pretends to cut the grass with his invisible lawn mower :lol: or had it been nicked, HOME's first theft :sly:.

attachment.php

One player short for the GTPlanet Five-a-side Football Team photo shot.

attachment.php

Last edited:

attachment.php
[/QUOTE]

If you remember, Ryan & Ren-Tec were making love on my sofa. :dopey:

Wow... Penny-Arcades comic seems frighteningly accurate after reading some of this...

So looks like I'm missing out on not all that much.

Wow... Penny-Arcades comic seems frighteningly accurate after reading some of this...

WOW negativity :crazy:.

I/we had fun last night just a group of guys all acting like fools and just having a laugh :lol: my sides were aching and my eyes were streaming with laughing.

All we were doing was making the best of what Sony has given us so far 👍

I/we had fun last night just a group of guys all acting like fools and just having a laugh :lol: my sides were aching and my eyes were streaming with laughing.

Seconded. 👍

It was hilarious, and it allowed peoples sense of humour to shine through.

if we see Billy the Tranny again I think we should invite it back to the pad and chuck it over the balcony in to the sea.

What the Penny-Arcade guys seem to overlook is that Home is still in it's beta stage so it isn't going to be perfect. They seem like the expect the world and are pissed that it wasn't delivered.

Cool to see the photo D-N, hopefully Sony includes some sort of feature to take photos in the game and upload them to the internet or a jump drive. Could be a cool feature by adding camera's you can purchase in the store or maybe even to you mobile phone thing your avatar has.
That would be great! I really wish this was standard with all games and all screens on the XMB. It would be sooo much easier and better to be able to show accurate screen shots. 👍

I've tried lots of different ways of taking photos of images on TVs and they almost never come out right. The colors are almost always over saturated and white levels and black levels are mostly crushed. :indiff:

Granted, I'm in no way an expert on photography, but for me, I find it very challenging to take a good screenshot.

I would also love to see instant YouTube upload support... a feature that has been talked about with the PS3 so far I don't think any game has added yet, at least not that I am aware of.

I am going to be getting both the keyboard and a bluetooth headset as I can defiantly see the advantages of having both with home. And since it seems like I'm going to be playing around quite a bit with Home I figured this would be a good time to pick both up.
Thats what I do, I just keep them tucked away in the cabinet where the PS3 is, and grab them when I need them.

Home has really grown on me since my average first impression of it. Like I said, I think it has to do with being similar to the Sims games which I've always liked. Just keep given me more items to build up my apartment with and I'll be happy. I just hope when GT5 comes out there will be some sort of space with your apartment to have a car and I hope there will be a huge choice, but I don't know how licensing will work with that.
I remember a long time ago there was talk from some Sony rep, maybe it was Phil Harrison, who said that one of the possibilities within Home that they were considering was having a personal garage that would basically be like what we see with a personal space... a garage area that you could customize to your liking, and that when you entered your virtual car, it would launch GT5/P.

On paper I guess it sounds cool, but I would much prefer a big public GT space, where you could meet with fellow GT fans and organize events and launch into organized multi-player races. In fact, I offered up my "Dream GTP Space" (and HERE for non-premiums) a little while ago... but I'm also a realist. :)

Here are some photos of some of our exploits last night.

Image 3. Prudentbear considers Virtual suicide. :ouch:

That shot made me think of the movie City of Angels. I couldn't find the shot I was thinking about from the film using Google image search, but there was a shot that looked very much like that in the film. :)

I imagine there in lies the attraction many have to a virtual world. ;)

GTPlanets first ever imaginary Lawn Mower Race

Were all pretending to be trees while Jaime pretends to cut the grass with his invisible lawn mower :lol: or had it been nicked, HOME's first theft :sly:.

:lol:

Looks like you guys were having too much fun, and from now on I'm going to call the running man, the lawnmower man. ;)

If you remember, Ryan & Ren-Tec were making love on my sofa. :dopey:

You better replace that sofa before I come by... or at least warn me where not to sit down. ;)

For those not familiar with Dutch:
'Zo lomp zyn wij' roughly translates as 'We're so stupid' :dopey:
:D

Judging from the pic we should all congratulate him for starting the first Home (tm) pregnancy. :lol:
:eek:

TB
It seems to me, with a certain amount of error like most graphs have, that you could chart those "happy with Home (bugs and all)" and "not happy with home (it should work perfectly right out of the gate)" and it would closely resemble a second chart graphing said pollsters ages.
What about the, "It works great but isn't exactly what I am interested in doing," guys like myself?

Are you serious? Its okay to you to wait to play on a virtual pool table or bowling lane. After I got in there, I thought well now I have something to do, but then realized that I can't play because its "occupied". I can't even imagine how much the guy gets paid that said " Its just fine to let the virtual guys and gals wait for their turn in the virtual world of Home, the fan boys will say it more realistic." So far for me the Home Beta is almost pointless, except for the joining clubs, go GTP.
First, you can easily exit and reenter the Bowling Alley but you will be on a different server so that you might now find an open table.

Second, it makes it so that if you are playing and friends come up they can stand there and talk while watching your actual game. Or even if you are in a large group and one or two people do not want to play they can still hang out, and even comment on your game if they want.

Of course, it also allows people to dance in your face while you are attempting to play.

Seconded. 👍

It was hilarious, and it allowed peoples sense of humor to shine through.
Well said.

My wife and I have found all sorts of ways to have fun in Home... exploring the various Home spaces, including the new 3rd party spaces, playing the many games, chatting with friends, meeting some interesting people from around the world, watching some videos we haven’t seen before, listening to music we haven't heard before, making realistic avatars as well as goofy ones, even goofing around and doing the lawnmower dance. ;)

What the Penny-Arcade guys seem to overlook is that Home is still in it's beta stage so it isn't going to be perfect. They seem like the expect the world and are pissed that it wasn't delivered.

I agree.

First of all, if someone is getting their news and reviews from internet comics (and/or allowing those sites to shape or influence their own opinions) ... it's time they consider a change. ;)

Penny-Arcade seems to have fallen deeper and deeper into the "Yahtzee" form of satirical criticism... it's all just to draw attention to themselves, and or to make people laugh... which is how they make their living, so more power to them!

However, I certainly would never cite Zero Punctuation, Penny Arcade, or any other similar forms of sites as a place to hope to get any kind of fair balanced, unbiased opinions about anything. Now I do very much enjoy both, especially ZP, but purely for the entertainment value of enjoying a good laugh, not in hopes of gaining any decent amount of accurate and meaningful incite about the games and products they "discuss". :)

Last edited:
Penny-Arcade seems to have fallen deeper and deeper into the "Yahtzee" form of satirical criticism... it's all just to draw attention to themselves, and or to make people laugh... which is how they make their living, their episodic downloadable game, so they can make even more money, so more power to them![/s]
Fixed.

However, I certainly would never cite Zero Punctuation, Penny Arcade, or any other similar forms of sites as a place to hope to get any kind of fair balanced, unbiased opinions about anything.
Actually, Yahtzee makes fair points and often points out what are legitimate weaknesses in a game. He just does it in such a way as to be inflammatory, and that requires exagerration. Even my favorite games I have had to agree with him on. The only one I didn't was MGS4, and I think that is because he doesn't get it.

Oh, and as long as he confirms that the Commodore 64 won the console wars decades ago he and I will see eye-to-eye on a lot of stuff.

Anyone up for more fun and antics tonight?

I will be on later and round as many people up as possible.

I will also investigate ways of taking photos from my TV screen. Photoshop was working overtime this morning improving the images I took last night.

I would but I am still unable to access Home :grumpy:

Ever since the update on Thursday, I've been locked out of the EU version, and despite being able to access Home via my US account at first, I can no longer get into it at all...

Any ideas? :confused:

edit: Classic impatience... didn't work for the first few minutes there, but now it's let me in :)

Anyone up for more fun and antics tonight?

I will be on later and round as many people up as possible.

I will also investigate ways of taking photos from my TV screen. Photoshop was working overtime this morning improving the images I took last night.

I might be on later tonight, after the rx7 event. Spent a few fun hours with mr_geez, lp2k and ebk last night.

I would but I am still unable to access Home :grumpy:

Ever since the update on Thursday, I've been locked out of the EU version, and despite being able to access Home via my US account at first, I can no longer get into it at all...

Any ideas? :confused:

edit: Classic impatience... didn't work for the first few minutes there, but now it's let me in :)

Damn error message C-391 the only thing I can say is keep trying. I had a quick look tonight around HOME but it took nearly 30 mins to get accepted to go into HOME :ill:

Back