Production Car Racing (GT4, CTSCC, PWC GTS/TC, MX-5 Cup, etc)Touring Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,991 comments
Can’t rely on the Supercars World Tour deal. If I were any of the TCR participants I’d be cutting my losses and trading up for a Mustang, Vantage or Supra.

Yeah, just like you posted I’d put my hand up too if a team want to add variety to their garage. :)

Can’t rely on the Supercars World Tour deal. If I were any of the TCR participants I’d be cutting my losses and trading up for a Mustang, Vantage or Supra.

Yeah, just like you posted I’d put my hand up too if a team want to add variety to their garage. :)
Also the endurance aspect of GT racing anywhere your budget can stretch to, as opposed to the Sprint idea with TCR of shorter races.

Indeed. Since branching off from the brief Production Series, GT4 is proving anyone have a chance of winning. Rarely are cars being taken out, less safety car intervention and mandatory pit stop throw it up for all to have a crack within the hour, but boy it’s a quick hour.

Indeed. Since branching off from the brief Production Series, GT4 is proving anyone have a chance of winning. Rarely are cars being taken out, less safety car intervention and mandatory pit stop throw it up for all to have a crack within the hour, but boy it’s a quick hour.
Absolutely.

Longer races give more opportunities for tactics & strategies.

Time flies when you're having fun.

How cool is this?!
Hopefully, Brodie's Alfa is a real opposition to the endless fleet of BMW winners, that make the outright contest a real bore.

They need to bring the BMWs back to the same performance level as the Mustangs & Camaro in the A1 class.

Should be whatever is beneath the M cars. As Mustang run GT and Camaro SS(not top of the line Shelby and ZL1). The prices shouldn't be the only factor as to cap performance. No way a 276bhp Lancer is going to win outright ever. Even though I know the organisers made the race more about class wins, than about outright winning.

I think the Paul Morris 335i was the last "normal" bimmer to win. The M135i(?) that Morris won in outright did beat the M4, but it wasn't a normal 135i.

Should be whatever is beneath the M cars. As Mustang run GT and Camaro SS(not top of the line Shelby and ZL1). The prices shouldn't be the only factor as to cap performance. No way a 276bhp Lancer is going to win outright ever. Even though I know the organisers made the race more about class wins, than about outright winning.

I think the Paul Morris 335i was the last "normal" bimmer to win. The M135i(?) that Morris won in outright did beat the M4, but it wasn't a normal 135i.
If the race isn't about outright victory, then someone needs to tell the TV Producer.
Seems to me they can barely bother covering the class battles for any more than 2 laps for the entire 6 hour race!

The other thing they really need to consider, is a price cap on the entry list.
What's wrong with a $150k ceiling?

If the race isn't about outright victory, then someone needs to tell the TV Producer.
Seems to me they can barely bother covering the class battles for any more than 2 laps for the entire 6 hour race!

The other thing they really need to consider, is a price cap on the entry list.
What's wrong with a $150k ceiling?
They do. $150,000
From November '17.
https://autoaction.com.au/2017/11/04/interview-iain-sherrin-putting-long-hours

We're seeing cars like the 86, but more BMWs than anything. Kind of wish this series would be like Super Taikyu, minus the GT3 cars.
From last year
The field is comprised of cars in eight classes, separated by performance levels and vehicle affordability with the field including $130,000+ BMWs in the outright category, through to $20,000 Suzuki Swift Sports in Class E.
Cap it at $100k. That’s plenty, because I think the Sherrins went and spent like another $120k on their M4.

Back