SFGTP6 LAN Meet - When're we having "Sechs"? ;-)

• Thread starter Radracing
  • 98 comments

Open weekend dates for LAN event

• Total voters
I've had a bit of a GTP break, but I'm still lurking.
Life got busy all of a sudden, but LAN-ing is still high priority for next weekend!
Will be there, Porsche (weather permitting) and all. (2 x GT4 disks, spare ethernet adaptor. PS2 , TV (possibly x2), 2 switches, power cables, leads, expertise in making a pile of cables like a rats-nest into a LAN, etc.)
Can I remind everyone to bring a network cable and headphones if you have them?

Mainly headphones though. Got that? Don't forget your headphones!!! ;)
Oh, and mem cards. 💡
We're not racing without mem cards. Well, we could but it won't be in LAN mode and AI racing isn't so much fun.

Where are we up to equipment-wise? Will's 2 PS2s can use my spare & Kevin's spare network adaptors so we're OK with them, and will I need to bring my cockpit? Can do, but it won't fit in Porsche.

Who wants to be in charge of the results this time?
I'll bring the laptop of organisation, and record them in excel form, but someone else can be responsible for posting them here as I'll definitely not get time... see incomplete SFGTP4 & SFGTP5 threads for details...:D

Leland, do you have a whiteboard or blackboard to keep score with? Nick don't worry about the RIGG I will take care of the cockpits. Who else is bringing Monitors? I have two that works with headphones and one that can't. Oh, and one folding table. Leland how many tables do you have for the monitors?

OK everyone that received a badly posted directions from me, could you please print it out and erase it from your home page please? Thank you.

Okay, SFGTplanet attendees, we are getting close to this weekend meet. I will need a count on how many monitors/ TV's we are getting. Let me know if you will need a monitor or will be bringing one to our LAN meet. Also don't forget your headphones and memory cards for your PS2 and GT4 disc. You are welcome to bring your PS3 also since we will be testing for online lag through Wifi. Oh! and your GT5p. If you would like to come Friday after work hours you are welcome to come and play.

Okay, SFGTplanet attendees, we are getting close to this weekend meet. I will need a count on how many monitors/ TV's we are getting. Let me know if you will need a monitor or will be bringing one to our LAN meet. Also don't forget your headphones and memory cards for your PS2 and GT4 disc. You are welcome to bring your PS3 also since we will be testing for online lag through Wifi. Oh! and your GT5p. If you would like to come Friday after work hours you are welcome to come and play.

Ahem - I know I'm not attending, but I don't see a time posted anywhere?!?

That's a good point. :dopey:

I won't be able to make it until Saturday morning, so let us know when we will be starting. ;)

I plan to bring everything I listed in the PM I sent you in December -

1 PS2 Slim with DS2 Controller and HD and Standard Cables

1 37" Flat Screen LCD HDTV

1 G25 Steering Wheel, attached to Playseat

1 Copy of GT4

1 Memory Card

1 LAN adapter for Old Style "fat" PS2

Additionally, I'll be bringing one 2k2 Z28. :sly:

As I mentioned, I'm able to bring my PS3 also. At the same time, I'm curious what we are going to try testing. Are we going to try running online races by starting simultaneously? As far as I know, that's really the only thing that Prologue has available as a multi-console function.

We will be doing the same times as the last meet. 9:00am to 6:00pm if I'm not mistaken. The earlier the better I would say. Except for Friday anytime after 5:00pm, if anyone wants to come and just play around GT5p online events.

Sure hope you guys have fun this weekend! GL and remember is always a good idea to ensure your surroundings don't get 'STUFFY' :lol:

Jerome

Have fun this weekend fellas, wish I could make it!!!
I'll see you @ the next get together. 👍

:cheers:

I'll see you @ the next get together. 👍

:cheers:

I'm hoping to attend the next one too...depending on if Sony will play ball or not :nervous:

Jerome

and remember is always a good idea to ensure your surroundings don't get 'STUFFY' :lol:

Note to self: No beans or chilli tonight...
fart-036.gif

I AM SOOO SORRY GUYS!!! I DIDN'T BRING MY PS2 DOWN WITH ME TO SAN JOSE TONIGHT!!! =( so we're down a console and disc >_<

Was a great time this weekend. 👍

I need to report the first lost/forgotten item. Drew left his travel coffee mug behind. We'll have to figure out how to link up to get it back to him, at some point.

I expect a full report on my desk by Frday :P

Jerome

Erm, well, here goes:

Drew showed up with a Starbucks Travel Coffee mug, presumably full of coffee. During the morning's races it was consumed, and the mug left by one of the racing stations. Drew departed with Kevin at the end of day 2 and left said mug by said racing station.

Simple as that, don't know how much fuller the report can get Jerome!!! :P

Oh, wait a moment. You meant a report of the whole event didn't you? :lol:

Erm, well, here goes:

Drew showed up with a Starbucks Travel Coffee mug, presumably full of coffee. During the morning's races it was consumed, and the mug left by one of the racing stations. Drew departed with Kevin at the end of day 2 and left said mug by said racing station.

Simple as that, don't know how much fuller the report can get Jerome!!! :P

Oh, wait a moment. You meant a report of the whole event didn't you? :lol:

:lol:

EDK
Was a great time this weekend. 👍

I need to report the first lost/forgotten item. Drew left his travel coffee mug behind. We'll have to figure out how to link up to get it back to him, at some point.

I have the mug. Let me know if you are anywhere near Alameda.

picture.php

Best car in meet goes to Dan "Vaxen"

picture.php

picture.php

Thank you to all that participated. As usual I had a good time and that's what she said too. :sly: Sorry Dan was not in the group shot since he only made it on Sat. Looking forward to seeing more on the next one and hopefully a full 16 grid LAN.

picture.php

Thank you Josh for lending us your equipment. Hope to see you soon on the next meet and hopefully be able to participate.

Last edited:
Wow - about as impressive a setup as ours was last time.

Sorry we missed you. No video to upload since we didn't have a race comentator. Hope you like the Igloo.

Time for the obligatory megapost....

juana b.: thanks for the loan of the equipment and getting it over to Leland's place on Saturday. As ever, you were missed on the track and we all look forward to sharing some racing time with you when life calms down as much as it can with 2 youngsters & a new house on the go! Your stuff is in the Porsche, which you're more than welcome to another drive of, when the weather is guaranteed clear, and I owe you at least a cigar & beer or 2! 👍

D.Pritchard: Awesome hospitality, great space, excellent spaghetti sauce :drool: and very friendly cats! (especially the one that settled into my lap as the countdown timer began for one race!!!) Great clean racer to share roadspace with and I always enjoyed being the hunter or the hunted in races with Leland. :D Hope all works out well with the work contracts and you'll be able to organise the event you proposed (though I'll not give anything away.)

RadRacing: Made everyone utterly comfortable again with the fantastic RIGGracing cockpits and did a great job of contacting and coordinating the whole event saving me countless grey hairs and a lot of stress, especially during what's been the busiest month I can remember for a long time! :bowdown: Thanks also for the Alaska souvenirs, and the TJ's Vintage Ale, which I'm consuming as I speak. (9% ABV, so expect post to go downhill from here... :lol:)

alrivers: Surprised us all by not arriving in the "Sixer", but when crutches emerged from his borrowed automatic 3-series it became readily apparent why! Consistently fast throughout, Alex hunted me down in what turned out to be the last race of the event in his black Cougar (Halle Berry anyone? ;)) and forced a fatal mistake out of me at the Corkscrew on the final lap!!! Excellent racing all weekend and still managed to fit in a South Bay party to boot! Also infected us all with the "that's what she said!" meme again!

EDK: Once again, one of the most fun racers at an SFGTP to tussle with, and given the "everyone races every race" nature of this event, those battles were commonplace during this event. As ever the endless malty, hoppy lubrication flowed from Kevin's coolbox throughout the weekend and he brought a new recruit along for initiation into the SFGTP circle! Was great to have one definite backer for the previously abandoned Muscle Car Pick'n'Mix and this time we got our way!!! The race we shared at NY in Shelby 'Stangs was brilliant!

billyjoebobx: Ranked 26th of all GTP_ tagged drivers in the world in the GT5:P timetrial demo, Will is a obviously a force to be reckoned with on the track, although the transition back to the unreal grip of GT4 took a little getting used to. Had an extraordinarily fun race in the E-Type Jaaaags at Motegi East with both Will & Dan that'll go down in history books as one of the best ever! (Despite a last lap visit to the gravel on my part! :ouch:)

Vaxen: Clear winner of "Best Car Of SFGTP6" by a country-mile, and then some, the black GT-R burbling could've kept us amused for hours, except for my insistence that we had to get the pesky GT4 network set up!
Again ever the gentleman on track and off, Dan sadly was only able to spend 1 day with us this time. :( Definitely looking forward to meeting him on a virtual track again sometime soon.

2k2 Z28: Drew of the mislaid coffee mug! It takes some bottle to throw oneself into an established group of racers, but Drew melded into the foray like a natural. A recent transplant to the SF area he's going to be a welcome face at every subsequent SFGTP going forth and will hopefully join Kevin & I (and anyone else that's interested) in a voyage to Infineon for some real racing in May/June (watching, not participating though!!!) :)

Also have to say thanks again to my gorgeous & patient wife (itgirlxx) for putting up with me setting the alarm at 7am for both days of a weekend and springing out of bed with far more enthusiasm than I ever do on a workday! Also for obliging me the stealing of her 32" LCD screen from the livingroom from Friday night onwards as it was far easier to transport than the 28" CRT from the garage which stood no chance of fitting into the "backseat" of the 911! :cheers:

Yes, I almost forgot "D.Pritchard" Leland for lending us his workshop, his hospitality with his excelent Spaghetti, helping me look for a cargo trailer for the RIGG's and most of all driving over to pickup the RIGG's and returning them. Thanks buddy, youre the best. Everyone hope I do a deal soon so we can get a trailer and do events allover the place with no effort at all.

picture.php

Last edited:
Hey guys.

I have posted the first thread for the racing event Nick, Small Horses, alluded to. It can be found in the local gatherings area under the title "Triple Threat x 15".

Latest Posts

Back