STaTS - SNAIL's Team and Tuner Series (Season VI) SPOTS OPEN

• Thread starter hillracing
  • 123 comments
United States
California
hillracing

Click image for SNAIL Schedule of events.
Welcome SNAIL drivers and anyone else that may be interested.

The Idea

This will be a racing series that runs four weeks during January, on Friday evenings, 10:00 p.m. Eastern. The first race will be on 15 February.

There will be two groups of people involved in this. These two groups will be vying for points separately.

Tuners

Tuners will build a car to the regulations. Tuners will win points for their cars. Drivers will be put into teams of two drivers, each, but a Tuner can supply tunes for more than one team of Drivers. The points will not be cumulative, so the Tuner will be judged on his best performing team.

Drivers

Drivers will be grouped into teams. They will be tasked to run races over four weeks in a car built by one of the Tuners. They will win points individually, and they will win points for their Tuner.

Rules
Teams
Teams must run the same car the whole season.
Teams must run the same color.
Teams may tune and re-tune a car as many times as they want during the season, and even between rounds on the same evening.
Tuners
Tuners will be primarily responsible for building the cars to be raced. They can take driver input, but their decision for set up is final.
Drivers
Drivers will respect the setup as prescribed by the Tuners. They may give input, but Tuners' decisions are final.
Drivers will respect the GT Planet OLR, and will be subject to disqualification.
Drivers must have unique numbers. Priority is given to number of weeks in SNAIL.
Drivers may change their wheels and may paint them any color.

Regulations

Cars

The cars for this series and specs for them will be:

Scion FR-S '12
388HP 1092KG 519PP

Subaru BRZ S '12
388HP 1092KG 519PP

Toyota 86 GT '12
388HP 1092KG 519PP

Tires: Sport Softs.

Event Settings

Start Type: Grid Start
Boost: Off
Penalty: Off
Visible Damage: Off
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Weak
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Normal
Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
Regulation Settings
No Skid Recovery Force
Driving Line Off
No Active Steering
No TCS
No ASM

Drivers in first place will receive 16 points, second will receive 15, and so on.
Tuners will receive the same points from each driver on their team.
For both individual and team scores, each drivers lowest score will be dropped. This, in effect, gives each driver a "bye week".

Races

All race sessions will be held at 22:00 Eastern time.
All race sessions will be held in the SNAIL_Division2 lounge (send a friend request if you haven't already).
Race sessions will be scheduled as:
10 Minutes: Qualifying for Frist Race
20 Minutes (approx): First Race
Ballast Adjustment
20 Minutes (approx): Second Race. Grid will be based on results from previous race.
Ballast Adjustment
20 Minutes (approx): Third Race. Grid will be reverse results from previous race.

Ballast

After each race, success ballast will be assigned as:
1st will receive 75 Kg
2nd will receive 50 Kg
3rd will receive 35 Kg
4th will receive 20 Kg
5th will receive 10 Kg
forth from last will lose 10 Kg
third from last will lose 20 Kg
second to last will lose 35 Kg
last will lose 50 Kg
Success ballast will be cumulative over a season.
Cars will not drop below the initial weight.

Schedule

15 February:
Practice race

22 February:
Cape Ring South 15laps x 3

1 March:
Daytona Road Course

8 March:
Nurburgring gp/d

15 March:
Fuji Gt

Last edited:
Current Teams
  • Kcheeb and GTP_James_USCC driving a Green Scion tuned by jlbowler
  • Hillracing and Turbo91stdcivic driving a Blue Subaru with Gold wheels tuned by Hillracing
  • Oshawa-Joe and dangerzone641 driving a Toyota tuned by Oshawa-Joe
  • weaver-2009 and Wolfsatz driving a Midnight Purple II Scion with Silver Chrome wheels
  • tezgm99 and JESter82178 driving a yellow Scion with pink rims & black bonnet tuned by jlbowler

Available Tuners
  • Hillracing

Interested Drivers
  • VELOCI_2NR
  • Nic-kl

Last edited:
Definitely interested, although I may not be able to make every race.

Nice car choices, should make tuning interesting 👍

I'll pick Fuji Speedway GT for my prize, weight will be a factor there :)

Interested, but as a part-timer since I know I can't make it next Friday night :)

Edit; I had a Scion all set up with the regs from season 1 of this...can't check it at the moment since I'm in the middle of a 4 hour enduro so it'll take me straight to that instead :lol:

Please sign me up. Unfortunately can only make about half the races and have no time to tune. I'll just use something from the tuning forum.

I don't think my teammate Dabney is able to race Friday's anymore :(

Looking for someone to run with 👍

I'm so bummed this got moved to Friday. This would have been the first time that I could have made a plea to join…on Tuesday.

My typical luck, I guess.

I would like to join this. Could I be a Team Owner & Driver?

Good stuff, you can tune and drive, no problem.

Hillracing will be along shortly to confirm and add you to the op 👍

I'm so bummed this got moved to Friday. This would have been the first time that I could have made a plea to join…on Tuesday.

My typical luck, I guess.

Change the plea to Friday night :)

kcheeb
Good stuff, you can tune and drive, no problem.

Hillracing will be along shortly to confirm and add you to the op 👍

OK my team is Team Extreme & I might need a tuner.

james6653
Am I allowed to use a black carbon fiber hood?

Yes. Tuning is open fully in this series. You can run with any parts you want including full aero if you want.

hillracing
Yes. Tuning is open fully in this series. You can run with any parts you want including full aero if you want.

OK thanks for telling me. I will post a picture of my teams Scion ASAP. Also kcheeb & I are partners.

Here's the paint scheme:

picture.php

It will be getting a black carbon fiber hood.

Last edited:
I'm in. I can do fridays :) I don't have the one you have to buy, but I have the other two iterations of the car. Someone put me on some team. Thanks :)

Question; if the maintenance alters the PP level again, will the specs for this get changed?

tezgm99
Question; if the maintenance alters the PP level again, will the specs for this get changed?

If the maintenance changes the numbers they should change for all the cars in which case I'll change that number. Basically the way I have it now you can do anything you want to the cars which unless they add parts for one of the three cars but not the rest that will stay the same.

If the maintenance changes the numbers they should change for all the cars in which case I'll change that number. Basically the way I have it now you can do anything you want to the cars which unless they add parts for one of the three cars but not the rest that will stay the same.

I figured that was probably going to be the answer, but just wanted it clarified in case PD do something silly :lol:

Last edited:
The first race will be postponed one week for two reasons. 1. We currently have half a field and 2. My wife says so. LOL. We will still have a race this Friday to get used to the cars and build participation I just won't be there.

On another note anyone from last season who has yet to pick a track please do asap.

Signing up new team of drivers: weaver-2009_ #47 and Wolfsatz # 9 driving the American version of the car with car colours: Midnight Purple II with Silver Chrome wheels.

Team looking for good experience tuner to parther with! Compensation determined by experienced :cheers:

Last edited:
Are we aloud team mergers?

If you mean can one tuner tune for multiple teams then yes. If you mean make a 4 car team then no. The main reason is for points. Before the season starts you can switch drivers around on the teams but once it starts they're locked in so to speak.

Are people aloud to have feeder teams? By that I mean like Toro Roco to Red Bull.

Back