The 2020 George Floyd/BLM/Police Brutality Protests Discussion Thread

29337450-8397019-image-a-83_1591562652233.jpg
29337452-8397019-image-a-82_1591562652190.jpg

And on the cenotaph, unbelievable.

So Floyd's death, police brutality and protests has nothing to do with my post? If my post is off topic please mods delete it.
On the other side your post about UE flag is totally in line with this thread.:rolleyes:
LOL, you're even arguing about that. :lol:

You're more likely to get a relevant response to your questions about the police on the thread where the police have been discussed.

I posted the EU flag to show that flag burning protests are nothing new to the UK.

As ever you keep missing the points made by other people in favour of more pointless arguments. No wonder nobody seems to like your posts.

You're more likely to get a relevant response to your questions about the police on the thread where the police have been discussed.
I always thought we are discussing police here. Silly me...

As ever you keep missing the points made by other people in favour of more pointless arguments. No wonder nobody seems to like your posts.
lol do you think I'm posting for the likes? I don't give a damn about a like.

Like I said if mods find it off topic please delete it.

I always thought we are discussing police here. Silly me...
The title says police brutality, not defund the police. Silly you, indeed.

lol do you think I'm posting for the likes? I don't give a damn about a like.
That's probably just as well. Plus more stuff I never said. Look, post where you want, but if you're interested in answers rather than argument I'm just pointing out that there's already a thread on which people have addressed the specific issue you bring up in your post.

The title says police brutality, not defund the police. Silly you, indeed.
And when did I talk about defunding the police? The disbanding of MPD is clearly the result of protests due to the police brutality. Yeah, silly me.

And when did I talk about defunding the police? The disbanding of MPD is clearly the result of protests due to the police brutality. Yeah, silly me.
Unbelievable... well, good luck with those replies... hope you get the kind of answers that your post seems to be loaded towards... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wonder who the authorities will blame for the horserider's injury. She appeared to be riding full tilt into a traffic light.

I'd seen that clip elsewhere on t'webs, hadn't realised it was from yesterday's protests. An awful accident but I'm not sure it can be attributed to the protests any more than an officer crashing their car en route could be.

Jacqueline Kennedy enjoys large-peaceful car ride through Dallas with largely-alive husband.
JFK was a popular president with delusional young people like me dreaming of Camelot. But with the military, the CIA, the mafia, and the oilmen he was deeply unpopular. His assassination briefly solved a lot of problems for some.

JFK was a popular president with delusional young people like me dreaming of Camelot. But with the military, the CIA, the mafia, and the oilmen he was deeply unpopular. His assassination briefly solved a lot of problems for some.

Ok google.

I'd seen that clip elsewhere on t'webs, hadn't realised it was from yesterday's protests. An awful accident but I'm not sure it can be attributed to the protests any more than an officer crashing their car en route could be.

A boris bike was thrown at the horse. Not attributed to the protests? I'm sure hundreds people screaming and hurling stuff is attribution enough.

A boris bike was thrown at the horse. Not attributed to the protests? I'm sure hundreds people screaming and hurling stuff is attribution enough.

It's all for a good cause, so **** the police! And store owners. And that silly flu that has been going around!

I see you and raise you defacing a statue of Lincoln

Oh and yes statues of Churchill should be reconsidered, particularly given his past, that is unless you are going to campaign for statues of Stalin to be re-commissioned (who had more to do with the downfall of the Nazi's in Europe that anyone, yet was a mass-murderer and has been rightly remembered as such).
I know the "slippery slope" argument is overused but then, seriously, where does it end?

Bomber Harris?

Patton?

Last edited:
I know the "slippery slope" argument is overused but then, seriously, where does it end?

Bomber Harris?

Patton?
The slippery slope is a logical fallacy for a reason, thank you for being so kind as to illustrate way.

Are you seriously advocating that history should be taught in a biased way as to not be honest about both the achievements and failures of historical figures?

The slippery slope is a logical fallacy for a reason, thank you for being so kind as to illustrate way.

Are you seriously advocating that history should be taught in a biased way as to not be honest about both the achievements and failures of historical figures?
The point was about the statues of Churchill and how they need to be "reconsidered". I'll remove the stuff below it in the original post.

The point was about the statues of Churchill and how they need to be "reconsidered". I'll remove the stuff below it in the original post.
Why shouldn't they be reconsidered?

Exactly what damage would it do to the country to have an honest, open and accurate conversation about our past and the figures in it? Or do you believe that he is untouchable, and if so, why?

Guys!!! What about China?! Do you not care about the Hong Kong protesters and the Uyghur genocide? All because a man who happened to be black and had DRUGS in his system died. And no doubt the drugs he was on contributed to his death. White people die every single day and you don't see riots in the streets over it. That's racist! Plus there's a pandemic going on and all those people protesting and rioting and looting, which are all exactly the same thing and are being done by all the same people, aren't helping to flatten the curve.

Oh and yes statues of Churchill should be reconsidered, particularly given his past, that is unless you are going to campaign for statues of Stalin to be re-commissioned (who had more to do with the downfall of the Nazi's in Europe that anyone, yet was a mass-murderer and has been rightly remembered as such). Your statement that Churchill was "the man who defeated fascism in Europe" is so far from accurate that its an utter re-write of history. It also ignores the contributions by European forces (from Norway, Poland, France, Holland, Belgium, Czechoslavakia and Greece) as well as seeming to forget the Americans, Canadians, Australians, Commonweath (15 million of whom fought in the war), New Zealand and Norwegian forces. That's just at D-Day alone and ignores the country that suffered the most (with a third of all deaths in the war) which was Russia. Churchill was not the man who defeated fascism in Europe, he was part of a massive, worldwide effort that did, and to hold him up as being the architect of it is a re-write of the reality of the war.

Oh and in case anyone forgets: Britain, we're going to war with Germany to ensure Poland remains free / Britain at the end of the war, sorry Poland, you're Russia's now.

History as its taught in the UK is so clearly biased in this regard that we do as a country need to better understand both sides, just go and speak to anyone from Ireland and ask them the reality behind the history of this country in Ireland. You will get a very different and more accurate view of what happened. This is why we have the utterly absurd miasma of British Exceptionalism, which in part is why Brexit and the last general election went the way it did. Its long past the time that the UK grew up and understood its real part in the history of the world, both the good and the bad it has done, as the later is very sorely missing right now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-29701767

View attachment 928350
Please don't say we shouldn't have statues of Churchill. We can commemorate his undeniable contribution to guiding Britain without glorifying Gallipoli. It's imperative, in my view, that we remember how horrific a time that was, that we really needed a man like that to get things done.

If you ask me, it's not enough; there should be a huge hammer and sickle carved into the cliffs of Dover with the inscription "thankyou boys".

It's not our right, as generations who didn't live through the second world war, to decide who is celebrated or commemorated as part of it. That's on the generation who fought and lived through it, and decided who to build statues of at that time. Our political progress or revised opinions of those people shouldn't undo what they did and were recognised for in their time.

Back