The GTP Unofficial 2020 US Elections Thread

GTPlanet Exit Poll - Which Presidential Ticket Did You Vote For?

• Trump/Pence

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Jorgensen/Cohen

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Hawkins/Walker

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • La Riva/Freeman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • De La Fuente/Richardson

• Blankenship/Mohr

• Carroll/Patel

• Simmons/Roze

• Charles/Wallace

• Other

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At the end of todays Jan 6 hearings (listened to the last little bit on NPR), it was revealed that Trump tried to call a yet-to-be-revealed witness. The witness subsequently informed their lawyer, who then informed the Jan 6 Committee and the DoJ.

Even though it's overall a good thing, I am constantly amazed by how stupid Donald Trump is.

Last edited:
Even though it's overall a good thing, I am constantly amazed by how stupid Donald Trump is.
I shudder to think where we'd be be if he proved to be a competent individual who had surrounded himself with competent individuals that would actually do his bidding.

He's a feckless mother****er and many of those around him certainly didn't do the right thing but they also didn't do the legitimately treasonous* thing.

*Not to be confused with the right trash who refer to things they don't like said and done by people they don't like as treasonous.

Last edited:
After staying for a week in a pretty dodgy part of LA, I can understand how having a gun could make a person feel a bit more comfortable. It was a huge eye opener that what Australia considers a rough neighbourhood, and what America does are two very different things.

Whether I’d actually get one if I lived there is a different question. I’m not a gun person and I’d probably just try to stay away from the unsafe bits rather than carrying a deadly weapon. That is obviously easier said than done however.
Yeah, if I lived somewhere that I felt I needed to carry a gun to be safe I'd move elsewhere.

giphy.gif

lol

It can't feel good to know this is how stupid the rat ers think you are. But I suppose if you actually believe this **** then it doesn't occur to you that they think you're this stupid.
For Trump to be able to butt dial someone, I estimate he'd need to be carrying at least a 10" tablet in his back pocket.

Last edited:

Interesting that homeland security is performing their own investigation of the secret service record handling. I thought this sounded particularly ominous: "This includes immediately refraining from interviewing potential witnesses, collecting devices or taking any other action that would interfere with an ongoing criminal investigation."

It sounds like DHS is thinking that criminal charges may result from their investigation.

In hindsight, maybe having a secret service wasn't such a great idea.

I think it's absolutely ****ing hilarious that they were all het up and ready to officially contradict Cassidy Hutchinson's testimony before the January 6th Select Committee, after having done so unofficially, not before the committee and under oath, and then the moment it came out that they'd wiped text message records--just days after being asked to retain them, and blamed the act on some not-exactly-plausible system migration that somehow didn't involve a backup of communications that, strangely, are "kept" by individual users rather than on a service-wide system, particularly when those records are subject to the Federal Records Act of 1950--they went completely radio silent on the matter.

Back