The Update 1.12 Discussion Thread: Believe the Hype

Or add engine upgrades to it
You most certainly CAN add Engine Upgrades to the new GT-R Nismo '14. You can change everything with the vehicle just like the other Nissan GT-R's in the game. Are you sure you weren't confusing yourself with the new Toyota FT-1? Because that car will not accept ANY changes except Brake Balance.

EDIT: Oops. I meant to add that I changed my FFB settings on my DFGT to 8 & 10, as was suggested. It definitely feels "better", but it doesn't feel anything like it used to. I'll have to give it some time before I decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Right now it's certainly odd feeling to me as I've only ever been used to how my DFGT felt before this update.

Zahara time rally is awesome! Just did the first challenge :)

I saw that some people complained about the sounds (I guess the arcade sounds from the time trial), but I just did it with the race info display set to 'off' and I had no such sounds at all except from the "blip" when I passed the sectors.

wow, 32 cars on a huge track like that with dynamic weather on a last gen console... good job, PD :D

Turn 10 used similar techniques in Forza 4 to give an unlimited number of cars for the player to pass.

Edit: Good lord the update is slow to install. I think I've been waiting for 45 minutes now. This is like installing GT5 all over again.

yes+of+course+i+do+meme+face+facebook+chat+code.jpg

Yeah, that was a necessary response for someone who just tried this for the first time :rolleyes:

arcade time bonus / jump bonus / overtake bonus does not really belong in the real driving simulator , made 52 overtakes I would much rather race 1 car that is at least driving at a decent speed

arcade time bonus / jump bonus / overtake bonus does not really belong in the real driving simulator , made 52 overtakes I would much rather race 1 car that is at least driving at a decent speed
It's good to have fun from time to time...
Now that we have this and quick match GT6 is not boring anymore. I can finally fire it up every day!

But I get hideous flickering shadows at Bathurst seasonal. Anyone else?

Bathurst has been mentioned a couple of times

Just installing now, I'm a bit worried about this FFB change. Will my DFGT feel the same straight away or do I have to adjust the new settings? :scared:

I'm very happy to see that it appears no changes have been made to the physics

Anyone here with a DFGT want to tell me how it is now? i don't have a chance to use it and want to know if the FFB is stronger. I have it on 10 atm and i still wish it was higher. Better or worse?

EDIT: Oops. I meant to add that I changed my FFB settings on my DFGT to 8 & 10, as was suggested. It definitely feels "better", but it doesn't feel anything like it used to. I'll have to give it some time before I decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Right now it's certainly odd feeling to me as I've only ever been used to how my DFGT felt before this update.

Just curious,as I haven't downloaded the update yet,but do the new dfgt settings apply just to Zahara or all tracks ?
cheers...

What are the new recommended settings for g27, i've just whacked it on 10/10 for now and it feels very light

You most certainly CAN add Engine Upgrades to the new GT-R Nismo '14. You can change everything with the vehicle just like the other Nissan GT-R's in the game. Are you sure you weren't confusing yourself with the new Toyota FT-1? Because that car will not accept ANY changes except Brake Balance.

Yep, you are correct, I made a mistake.

My DFGT feels like crap on all tracks now. Well, I've only run Zahara, Bathurst and Nordschleife, but if those three are all the same I would imagine all the others are equal.

They radically changed the FFB scheme in this game. No doubt because it probably works better with some newer wheels, but for us DFGT owners it feels very light and weak. Around turns it almost feels like a front-wheel drive car plowing. You get this bump, bump, bump, bump, bump sensation ever so lightly. It's very odd. Oh, and on bathurst with the Toyota Vision FT-1 my wheel was making all sorts of god-awful noises.

Nice track. Probably better than I expected.

As for the Timed Rally, it only pays out once. So these will be one and done for most. Once completed, there's no incentive to ever repeat the events. Ignorant, but not surprising, decision by the powers that be.

The Quick Match is where the real fun might lie. Too bad it doesn't work.

Where do we get our free nismo and Toyota, I have participate do in gt academy but didn't get the free nismo or Toyota. Please help

Where do we get our free nismo and Toyota, I have participate do in gt academy but didn't get the free nismo or Toyota. Please help
Exit out of GT6 and re-start the game. You'll get the Nismo for free as soon as GT6 starts back up. To get the Vision FT-1 you have to complete one lap of the new seasonal event, in the regular Seasonal Event section.

Did you get Gold in the GTA events?
The FT-1 can be won by doing the Seasonal Time Trial.

Nice track. Probably better than I expected.

As for the Timed Rally, it only pays out once. So these will be one and done for most. Once completed, there's no incentive to ever repeat the events. Ignorant, but not surprising, decision by the powers that be.

The Quick Match is where the real fun might lie. Too bad it doesn't work.

Yea, its not working for me either.

Just completed the other two events, golded Challenge 2 but got silver on Challenge 3. I'll definitely try to go for gold later on today. For now, its on to the FT-1 VGT Seasonal.

Just messing around.Well done for gold.

Apologies then.

Exit the game and then come back to get the Nismo GT-R. For the FT-1, not sure what you mean. If you're talking about the FT-1 VGT, you win that by participating in the seasonal.

Edit: Force'd

My DFGT feels like crap on all tracks now. Well, I've only run Zahara, Bathurst and Nordschleife, but if those three are all the same I would imagine all the others are equal.

They radically changed the FFB scheme in this game. No doubt because it probably works better with some newer wheels, but for us DFGT owners it feels very light and weak. Around turns it almost feels like a front-wheel drive car plowing. You get this bump, bump, bump, bump, bump sensation ever so lightly. It's very odd. Oh, and on bathurst with the Toyota Vision FT-1 my wheel was making all sorts of god-awful noises.

Hmmm-don't like the sound of that,then again like it or not,it may have to be a case of getting used to it unfortunately...

Testing at Le Mans and the game is unplayable due to FPS drop !
Edit: It didn't load !

Attachments

• DSC_0034.JPG
    DSC_0034.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Unfortunately my hdd was defect and i bought a new one. Now i have to redownload and install everything :(
I really hope PD goes back to GT1-4 quality and don't make so many patches for GT7. I can't handle the waiting times. :nervous:
Anyway, looking forward to finally drive on the new track

Last edited:
Back