The Update 1.12 Discussion Thread: Believe the Hype

oh damn it took me ages to find my sweet spot on my DFGT wheel... hope i won't need months to get used to the new settings...

Thrustmaster T500RS feels lighter in terms of resistance, perhaps slightly more detailed in it's feedback though. Either way, hardly a game breaker.

Just did the FT-1 VGT Seasonal and wow, that car is abit of a handful, but I managed to gold it after a few tense laps. Due to the supposed issue with replays, I'm gonna wait abit before I record that lap and post on youtube.

Edit: So, I guess we just purchase the FT-1 Graphite? I got the GT-R sent since I participated in the GT Academy, but not FT-1 Graphite.

Seeing Circuito de la Sierra is really breathtaking, and even better at dawn.

I've always had a... fantasy of sorts, about driving a black Aston Martin DB7 at daybreak along a coastal road while listening to Saki Kaskas's calm piece "Callista". It's not quite a fantasy like "this is totally the best thing ever!", but a fantasy in the way that everything sorta pleasantly "fits" if that makes sense. Now this circuit isn't quite on the coast of Spain, but that lake provides a good enough backdrop for the atmosphere that I imagined. Which is nice.

This was a very nice update. Thanks PD!

I didn't get the Nismo, but I think I completed all the stages of GT Academy.

EDIT: just restarted the PS3 and got it!!

Damn now I don't know which color to choose since, if I'm not mistaken, I can't change it after I press X.

White? Black? Matte grey like in the Nissan photo? Metallic grey?
Definitely no red.

I didn't get the Nismo, but I think I completed all the stages of GT Academy.

EDIT: just restarted the PS3 and got it!!

Damn now I don't know which color to choose since, if I'm not mistaken, I can't change it after I press X.

White? Black? Matte grey like in the Nissan photo? Metallic grey?
Definitely no red.

Every color :D

Okay guys. After a very busy day, i can share many experiences to you all. Here we go:

I will post it per-"episode" type of post:

(Episode 1) The update:
- There are many adittional gauges to choose from. There are Speedometer, Turbo Gauge, Oil Pressure, 2 types of Voltmeter, Oil and brake temperature, and the RPM Meter (add if missing). You can choose the color too (Black or white). You can even choose the unit (Ex. Celsius or Fahrenheit)!

- The Gauge light is also has a full color spectrum to choose from. and best of all, you can change it on Driving Options a.k.a in the middle of gameplay. The replay of it however will be using the last color of choice. (Wonder when PD can implemented it to the Car Paint and the similliar)

- HOWEVER, some of it are just cosmetic a.k.a not really functioning. There are the Voltmeters and Oil and brake Temperature (Not sure about oil pressure, but it seems the needle is moving slightly depends on car).

- Funny thing, you cant see the gauge outside the car WHEN its on gameplay, however it can be displayed when on camera mode.

- The starting camera on tracks like brands hatch and toscana is now fixed. Previously its stuck on the first angle.

- There are some glitch where when viewing an replay with interior view results on the forced back view.

The post will continued.....

Last edited:
Man, I love the gauges. This is a nice addition in conjunction with the racing number stickers. Street cars are feeling more and more like race cars with these added customization options.

And finally, Quick Match! I've been waiting for this since release. Now I have a reason to race online.

Great update overall. Can't wait to try the Sierra track when I have more time.

Quick Match... quickly matched me with lots of glitchy players! Entered the room with about 14 people, 8 by the start of the race, 6 by the end.

It's a nice feature, but maybe I need more UK players on to get a less laggy race.

Added guages to the R34 GTR...was massively surprised at what happened !!!!

this update is gold. and it's slowly working it's way up to making full on race cars, i bet next is seats and steering wheel or roll cages.

and wow so many different type of boost guages... for ex: -1.0 - 2.0 Bar -1.0 - 2.0 x100 kPa

-30 inHg - 30 PSI... etc...jesus christ.

(Episode 2) The Sierra Track:
- There are obviously hidden walls. However, i dare you to find some of them that are IN FRONT OF the existing visible wall.

- The challenges has the time change set to 15 and the Nitrous to the minimum.

- There are hillarious instances where the obviously slow car is battling the far faster car. In the other modes the car will be "eaten by miles" (ex. Sambabus with lotus elise)

- There are easter egg where car older than 2000's has the car number based on the car's corresponding year (Ex. Cuda '70 has a number 70, Ferrari Daytona '69 has a number 69, etc)

- The track is 1.02 miles linger than VLN Nuburgring, making it the longest track ever in GT. However it is faster to lap because of the corners that is faster tha the Nurb. (110 MPH Vs. 80 MPH Average)

- Some of the replay angles are made spesifically for the track. However most of it are the "Course maker" Angles. (Definitely a course maker location)

The post will continue......

- Some of the replay angles are made spesifically for the track. However most of it are the "Course maker" Angles. (Definitely a course maker location)

Honestly, I'm not saying it's impossible but I prefer to be cautious. We will see in next months :)

Man, I love the gauges. This is a nice addition in conjunction with the racing number stickers. Street cars are feeling more and more like race cars with these added customization options.

And finally, Quick Match! I've been waiting for this since release. Now I have a reason to race online.

Great update overall. Can't wait to try the Sierra track when I have more time.
And now its possible to see the speed in tuned cars where the tachometer is limited (350z etc.) without the HUD on! Thats really a great feature!

Added guages to the R34 GTR...was massively surprised at what happened !!!!
I just matched the color with the F40 interior at night. Perfect, flawless.

this update is gold. and it's slowly working it's way up to making full on race cars, i bet next is seats and steering wheel or roll cages.
I really hope so

and wow so many different type of boost guages... for ex: -1.0 - 2.0 Bar -1.0 - 2.0 x100 kPa

-30 inHg - 30 PSI... etc...jesus christ.
I don't understand any of this xD

Last edited:
(Episode 3) The Toyota FT-1 VGT and Graphite:
- The Graphite is just a normal FT1 with unique colour paint and leather interior. Everything including the spec is exactly the same. Move along.....\

- The VGT has no interior........
attachment.php

- The VGT is also has too much aero on the back. You can witness it when turning on the steep elevation change and the jumps on Sierra.

- Apparently, the Toyota VGT is based on these:
79326981940930.jpg

toyota-222d-4.jpg

- The VGT Gallery view is taking place at the same BMW Pitbox with Toyota logo (obviously) and different camera angles.

- The VGT has a brand new sounds both startup and the gameplay.

The GTR Nismo:
- Whats different on the interior is the RPM gauge that is now slightly red.

- You can de-winged it, but you cant put a driving numbers on it.

For the ending, post your unique gauge here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-unique-gauge-thread-new-feature-from-update-1-12.317013/

Last edited:
Just downloaded and installed the new update and got the Nissan GT-R Nismo even though I haven't taken part in any of the GT Academy events :cheers:

For those struggling with Quick Match, PD know there is an issue and are working on it.
They may even disable the function to solve it.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/au/news/00_4880638.html
Heres the chronology:

The first error: Track loaded but suddenly theres error -9001 (Connection Failed) and the track is reloaded.

The second error: Track loaded perfectly and there is countdown. However screen suddenly goes black, turns on again, and lags until theres a message that says "you are disconnected from server".

After watching the video of the Sierra Time Rally, I need to put this song in my custom playlist before I try this mode:

It's been almost 15 years since I've played this game and heard this song so probably I am going to cry some manly tears for the good ol' days!

Every new features introduced in updates have the same amount of bugs to match. Well done PD :lol:.

All honesty, I'm glad they finally introduced to Sierra track and some of the important features. I bet the track editor will be late next month as Sony will not want PD to jeopeodise the launch of DriveClub but distracting media attention from their first racer against Forza Horizon.

Back