TVR-RM World Championship. ( IN NEED OF NEW DRIVERS)

• Thread starter STEG-13
  • 852 comments
I'm gonna write my race report fast while I have everything clear in my head.

Qualifying was interesting, after practicing yesterday a little with jonszter I knew he was going to be quick. However, I managed to set the fastest time after a few attempts. Really nice to see so many people too showing up 👍

At the start I got very surprised in a good way. It seemed everyone on the grid was on the correct position according to the time in qualifying 👍 Got an okay start, but noticed just a few seconds after the start that it was lagging heavily for me at least. Seems I wasn't alone though. In some parts of the track like in the turn before the tunnel it felt like 5 frames per second 👎 I have only experienced lag like that once before in an online race I drove for fun. In the start, when I noticed the lag, I first thought "Oh crap.. this will be impossible". I'm quite sensitive to lag, it makes me a little insecure. That was the case especially in sector 2 in the turn before the tunnel where I began hesitating on when to give full throttle or not because of the heavy lag. Well, I have been lucky so far when it comes to connection stuff, I guess it was my turn today in way..

Anyway... I got really nervous on the first lap because of the lag, made a mistake and jonzster and R35 passed me. I thought that I had to deal with it and began getting used to it and began turning and braking a little earlier than normal to compensate, it helped. However, then jonzster and R35 had already gotten a few seconds lead. I turned to "plan B" which meant an early pit stop to mediums. I had originally thought to do it on lap 10-11 but went in on lap 8 instead I think. After switching to mediums I was shocked to notice that I couldn't even get under 1'50, in my last practice yesterday I had managed a 1'47.3xx on mediums.

The most exciting part of the race for me was when R35 and jonszter made their pit stops... It seems you did on the same lap? It got a bit chaotic in the first turn, was surprised to see R35 ahead of jonzster, I got the inside and passed a bunch of cars and began chasing R35. However I had already used the best of my tyres... And jonzster began catching up from behind eventually and he passed. Sebastian was chasing me too... At this stage my front tyres were completely worn out, and on lap 19 I made a mistake before the tunnel and fell down to 5th. Haigis was approaching too... I tried to defend but with the front tyres on <10% it was not possible, good work from haigis 👍

All in all a great race despite the lag I think. Very eventful and great to see so many cars!:) And nice win R35 👍

Last edited:
Nice report Toffe, I don't think you were alone with the lag issues.

It was not too bad for me but there were a few drivers I found it almost impossible to be close to on track due to them jumping around.

It seems as though we get one issue sorted and another one appears :lol:

I hope this was just a one off and we will not get the same issues next week.

I think the shout to use an open lobby is more than worth a shot next time round 👍

Also, Steg, unfortunately I can't commit full time to this. You're clean racers and not over-aggressive. If I get the chance to race with you all again, I'll let you know.👍

Also, Steg, unfortunately I can't commit full time to this. You're clean racers and not over-aggressive. If I get the chance to race with you all again, I'll let you know.👍

No problem Akmuq, was good to have you racing with us tonight ;)

Didn't notice you lagging much on my screen Toffe, it was good to be on the same piece of track fighting for position with you.
I watched some of the replay it seems you were effected by lag much worse just before I caught up.
Steg- I agree open lobby may be the way to go.

Didn't notice you lagging much on my screen Toffe, it was good to be on the same piece of track fighting for position with you.
I watched some of the replay it seems you were effected by lag much worse just before I caught up.
Steg- I agree open lobby may be the way to go.

Yeah, it was worse in the start than in the later stages of the race. We had a nice fight. Even though I knew I was probably doomed to be overtaken because I made the stop earlier :ouch: I tried to pass R35 in the chaos after his pit stop, in addition he was on cold tyres, if I had passed him, but couldn't make it. Then I knew that 1st place would be hard and when I saw that you gained those places back that you lost and began chasing me I knew that 2nd place was going to be hard too :lol: Anyway, next race is Laguna Seca, I have fond memories from that track from the NSX championship. That was the first time I finished on the podium and felt that it was not impossible to win :sly::) (And I brought that optimism to the following round in Deep Forest :lol:)

I never saw you lagging at all toffe, unlucky on that.. For once it wasent me :P
Yeah :lol: It looked you lagged a little R35 but it was much less than in Trail Mountain.. :) About my lag, I noticed I could stay relatively close to other cars without them being bumped or anything so obviously the lag I experienced didn't (hopefully) disturb other drivers too much. :) That other time I experienced this in an online race it was the same, I could also be relatively close to other cars, despite that my framerate was stuttering :odd: It was, like, many small lags each second that made the frame rate feel like it stuttered.. Anyway, it seems rare to experience (for me at least) let's hope no one will lag or have anymore connection issues in the future:tup:

Next race I can't make and I'm not sure about the ones after that.

I will get a new Ps after Christmas :)

In the mean time, I'm hoping, a guy called MPOWER will be joining the Winning Formula in my place.

I have not raced with him for a while but as far as I remember he is very fast and most importantly very clean.

I'm pretty sure his attendance will be excellent so I am happy if he can step up.

He is on Seb's friends list and I have told him to add Jonzster, who will be hosting the races while I'm out the game.

Sorry again I'm having to pull out so early but trust me if I could sort it I would :lol:

Plus as Toffe says, at least I can watch the worlds best race replays courtesy of the Champ. ;)

The forum and the website will still be done by me & Haig.

Best of luck with the rest of the season lads :)

STEG-13

In the mean time, I'm hoping, a guy called MPOWER will be joining the Winning Formula in my place.

I have not raced with him for a while but as far as I remember he is very fast and most importantly very clean.

I'm pretty sure his attendance will be excellent so I am happy if he can step up.

He is on Seb's friends list and I have told him to add Jonzster, who will be hosting the races while I'm out the game.

Sorry again I'm having to pull out so early but trust me if I could sort it I would :lol:

Plus as Toffe says, at least I can watch the worlds best race replays courtesy of the Champ. ;)

Oh no Steg!
So V8s are out then?

Oh no Steg!
So V8s are out then?

Looks like it mate unfortunately, I got a shot of my cousin's ps for the race last night but I have been told that is not to be a regular request :lol:

I'm sure Sebastian or R35 would be happy to take my space, maybe not R35 actually if he and Paul would be in a team :lol:

I'm happy to help out finding a replacement for me if needed but I'm sure you guys have it sorted;)

Sorry Gedi, was a great series to be involved in 👍

STEG-13
Looks like it mate unfortunately, I got a shot of my cousin's ps for the race last night but I have been told that is not to be a regular request :lol:

I'm sure Sebastian or R35 would be happy to take my space, maybe not R35 actually if he and Paul would be in a team :lol:

I'm happy to help out finding a replacement for me if needed but I'm sure you guys have it sorted;)

Sorry Gedi, was a great series to be involved in 👍

It's been good having you onboard.

Very sorry to hear that Steg :( I was looking forward to having you as teammate, but I know you wouldn't back out like this if you didn't have any other choice.. It feels extra bad since you're doing such a big work with bringing everyone together for racing like this.. But you will join the last races at least then? Will MPOWER be my new teammate?

Sorry to hear Steg's out for a while :( hopefully I can do as good a job as him at hosting the races till he gets back 👍

Next race will be public lobby and hopefully we have less lag than the last one. Replay has been uploaded (still processing) hope it lives up to expectations - cheers Toffe & Steg ;).
The lag we experienced last race makes this replay look and sound a little glitchy but watchable.
There is a really weird/funny moment 10.53 in, at least I've never seen it happen before.
Seeing the state of some of the cars after 1 lap made me :lol: almost makes me want visual damage turned off ! the body work looks fairly believable but do carbon fibre rear wings bend like that? - I think not :lol:

Expect to have these times smashed by faster drivers but ran a 1:22:6xx on Laguna with Mediums goin wide at the Corkscrew and Turn 11

I can confirm the Corkscrew is a 🤬 if your slighlty out of line or touch the gas too early :lol:, corner thatsuprised me and caught me out though is the right hand Turn 10 (just after the left hander following the corkscrew exit), its very easy to light up the rear left when you think alls well and stable

Damn you Blackpool Bitches Beasts :sly:

Gonna start running some laps tonight at Laguna. Good race for me last season in the nsx. That corner you speak of nearly bit me in the ass though, it's easy to run wide there. Also the left hander before corkscrew. Can imagine the corkscrew catching a few of us out, especially on worn tyres, it's a tricky little blighter at the best of times :lol:

Race 2 Replay is up :)

Last edited:
Gonna start running some laps tonight at Laguna. Good race for me last season in the nsx. That corner you speak of nearly bit me in the ass though, it's easy to run wide there. Also the left hander before corkscrew. Can imagine the corkscrew catching a few of us out, especially on worn tyres, it's a tricky little blighter at the best of times :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: @ 10:53, thats one brave assed pit crew :D

Great stuff jonzster, you're getting better and better at capturing the various battles, it's a joy to watch these race replays:tup: I really like the new F1 style graphics in the beginning and end too, it certainly lived up to expectations :)

The onboard angle from about 04:50 to about 05:47 is almost exactly the same lag/stuttering I had throughout the race while driving. I think running the races in open lobby will cure it :)

I must say it's great to see so many cars on the grid, this must have been one of most eventful GTRC races so far. 👍

And by the way... That extremely brave pit crew at 10:53 should get the "Spririt of GTRC" award! That's what I call a truly spirited pit crew team indeed :lol:

Last edited:
Sorry to hear Steg's out for a while :( hopefully I can do as good a job as him at hosting the races till he gets back 👍

Next race will be public lobby and hopefully we have less lag than the last one. Replay has been uploaded (still processing) hope it lives up to expectations - cheers Toffe & Steg ;).
The lag we experienced last race makes this replay look and sound a little glitchy but watchable.
There is a really weird/funny moment 10.53 in, at least I've never seen it happen before.
Seeing the state of some of the cars after 1 lap made me :lol: almost makes me want visual damage turned off ! the body work looks fairly believable but do carbon fibre rear wings bend like that? - I think not :lol:

I think I agree about the visual damage.. When watching the really nice fight we had in the end of race, my car almost looked like a wreck, the whole side being black :lol: My dear TVR with Rosso Corsa colour, poor car xD Turning visual damage off would certainly make the cars look better in the race replay :) (and hide GT5's ability to bend carbon fibre :) , many rear wings had a funny look :lol:)

Thanks again Toffe for the kind words, glad you like the graphics 👍
To try and drive competitively with that lag must have been a nightmare.
15 car grid was great and so were the new drivers, hope we get another full grid at Laguna.
The pit crew on the track is funny as hell, first time I sort of only just caught it and thought WTF? :lol:
Think I will put it to the guys at the next race about turning visual damage off. TBH it dosen't bother me in the race, it's just that it looks so fake in the replay is what bothers me.

Did a few laps earlier on Laguna Seca, getting 1'22.9xx as best so far on hards and about a second faster on mediums. Difference between mediums and hards seems to be smaller than on Grand Valley...

Did a few laps earlier on Laguna Seca, getting 1'22.9xx as best so far on hards and about a second faster on mediums. Difference between mediums and hards seems to be smaller than on Grand Valley...

:lol: your matching my RM times on RH....God I suck :yuck: :lol:

Really sorry guys but will have to miss this week ...have an unexpected visitor - my son who is only in town for a few days. He's heading off to.work in Barcelona soon & I feel it would be a bit rude to say " nice to see you son...just hold on for an.hour & a half while I play my game. 24 & he doesn't like gt....I feel such a failure:(

Back