Update 1.15 now available

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 1,275 comments
Solid update, but this still leaves a lot to be desired. Can't believe the most basic multiplayer features have yet to be patched in.
Then it's not a "solid" update. lol
This meal is solid. Tastes like crap, it's cold and it has bugs in it but it's solid.
Also the only places where GT7 is not perceived as a good game are the small internet bubbles.
Might want to take your blinders off because these so called bubbles are everywhere.

Last edited:
The game has no temps whatsoever. It's a gimmick. Your tires spin, the icon turns red, nothing more. There are no track temps, tire temps, brake, engine temps, tire pressures. The game doesn't do temps.
I play F1 2021 and I have to say I never pay too much attention to tyre or engine temps. I know hot tyres on that game do cause the tyres to wear fast and cold tyres I don’t really notice too much grip lost. On this game though I do notice a difference on the first lap the tyres are poor as they cold (if the tyres are even cold) and then lap 2 they start to grip up. or done enough races with pits stop to really see if tyres burn up quicker if hot etc…
I Know the game is not meant to be a full on sim racer but some temps would be nice

Here firstly to say that I just played the same mission I was on yesterday to feel FFB on my T300RS and it is exactly the same. I was hoping for a little more detail, and that might be found as I play more, but it looks like the issues with low FFB might be associated with the DD-Pro at the moment. I think those with that wheel have external as well as in game torque settings, so I don't know if this is actually an issue yet or, as usual, many here are hysterical about any changes without actually getting into the true effects of the change.

...This site is pessimistic and full of vitriol for the game.
This is so on point for so many sad sack users that only seem to come here to bash the game, moan, and throw poop emojis at anyone who still supports it.

The amount of people that saw the cars revealed and complained that that is "all we got" when all the previous updates were full of changes is crazy. Really telling of the hysteria and short-sightedness that many people seem to love to display. There is also a large component of "this isn't enough" people saying they're "not going to play no more".... ugh, nobody has ever cared about someone loudly proclaiming they won't do something in the very place that thing is celebrated, and more often than not, it isn't true at all.

GT and PD are listening to an extent, and missing the mark in some extents, but ultimately they have been moving in a positive direction. In this update they have added many QOL features and content that make the month wait pretty reasonable. USB/website uploads, penalty system changes, new cars, new layouts, bug fixes, new menu items etc.. Can they do more? Probably. But none of this is reason to jump ship or complain that the game is "useless" or "broken". Unfortunately, nothing PD or anyone else does will be enough to satisfy the wants of sad boys that will never be sated. I don't think they want to be.

I like looking forward to watching the game grow and knowing that we will get more and more free content and changes that will continue to keep GT interesting and fun for years to come. Sad sacks be damned.

For those who say we are ungrateful pessimists…
Valerio Gallo:
93817D00-5890-44ED-9E20-77A3E021C321.png

2860BAA1-F561-49C2-AABC-2A192735DE66.png

Last edited:
Unfortunately, nothing PD or anyone else does will be enough to satisfy the wants of sad boys that will never be sated.
Not sure. The mood here is a reflection of the mood of hardcore users worldwide.
And while it always surprised me years ago (at the time of GT2 and GT3) how this forum was 98% full of fanboys who could not stand any critic on the game, now I'm equally surprised how many disappointed users it counts.

And imo some of their reasons are very understandable.

Unfortunately, nothing PD or anyone else does will be enough to satisfy the wants of sad boys that will never be sated. I don't think they want to be.
I think people would be quite happy about track changing and host migration in lobbies, races not being chase the rabbit, payouts for customs races being greatly increased, the UI being cleaned up...PD just aren't making the right changes and aren't self-aware of the state of their game. And now we might have to wait another month for the possibility that these much need changes will happen.

I too used to be very optimistic about GT's future but I'm so worn out by the many easy changes that would improve the game that aren't happening.

Ok, adding my 2cents and observations...
Just did a grinding run at LeSarthe and not only has weather radar been updated also the visual effects, you can actually see the rain as you drive.
They updated the braking zones at this track, noticed its improved, wondering if they will update all tracks.
The physics package has been improved when in rain, with the "wet" meter in lower left at two thirds full and showing blue at top for puddles, I am not sliding like crazy with WET tyres on car as I was prior to 1.15.
Read in release notes that PP calculations were being fixed for transmission settings being extreme (tommyhawk glitch) wondering and scared to touch any of my normal tuned cars that may upset my PP settings as what happened the last time they fixed PP calculations half my cars went over 700PP overnight

Pairing in-game pricing with real world pricing was a very dumb idea.

Those prices are not based on the value of the actual car, but as F30clubman says, it's based on the potential for money laundering or tax evasion for the super elites.

We play games to forget the bleakness of the real world, not to get reminded of it.
It’s little more than a marketing partnership. I’m sure someone has already put together a comparative price list. But in general the 20m credit cars will be 60’s/70’s prototypes and GT’s. Most race cars from the 80’s/90’s will be around 2m-5m. And less for newer race cars.

Then you have oddballs like the McLaren F1 road car who’s value is way out of proportion from similar period supercars.

Last edited:
My reaction to the this update: didn't even turned on PS4 today.

I'll continue to play game, but this today was to big disappointment to not have some reaction.

If they only fixed lobbies, they had full month of time.
But no, other minor things are more important to them.

Very speculative, we have no way to know for certain. But I guess we soon find out, Mark IV is still sold out in legendary shop.

Me? If that is the case I am happy to have grinded back when it was affordable. I have all the Ferraris, all group C cars. Bunch of other expensive stuff like F1 GT LM the gr2 car etc. (250 GTO only 20M car I have though).

I do hope though they don't go bonkers on 917K price or Shelby Daytona price. At least 917K I will grind for like my life depended on it lol 😁
The Shelby Daytona was available to me until the listing changed to ‘sold out’ yesterday. I had already purchased it, so no big deal as far as I was concerned. But unless they changed it’s price with 1.15, it costs $20 million.

OK, so I just now got a chance to start playing since the update and something strange is going on with the PP. I started the Kei menu book and ran the first race with an S660 at 399.67 PP. I went to the next race, made NO changes to the car, and now it's at 402.30?

Oh yeah, and they TOTALLY ****ed up the FFB (Thrustmaster T-248 here.)

I don't consider top players' opinions valid if they are a top player in a prior iteration, I have been a part of the fighting game community and the top players ALWAYS **** on the new installments for making any changes. Then we have legends who are always in the top 5 who never seem to complain but seem to have high competence. Yes, some games do suk but the community abandons them, not individual players.
People just need to accept GT sport was more E sports-focused and that's taking a backseat for GT7. The best iteration of GT sport was the last closed beta. The game went downhill from there.

Last edited:
I'm really struggling to see any difference between the two in terms of focus. Same 3 daily races, same championships. It's all they ever post about on the website, there has been no shift in focus away from that.
Have you played GT7? A a lot of features of sport mode are gone in Gt7. Further, when Sport came out daily races were actually daily races, this changed about a year into the game's life, GT7 inherited this paired back model. Further online as a whole is a step back. Sport mode is pretty much as looked after as end life GT sport was, not early life GT sport

Well OK, you're right it was a concept, but not so much on the over confidence of a single seater LHD car with the batmobile wind shield.
Well I reckon for the GR.3 racing modification it will become a LHD single seater. 👌:P😂

7B19CFDD-42CE-4D1A-8730-A3B54B6DFDB5.jpg

Always funny when people are so confident in something that they'll insult people who disagree
I was simply joining in on the bad eyes jokes which seemed to be the trend on that particular page of the thread at that time. :dopey:🙃

Last edited:
Sport mode is pretty much as looked after as end life GT sport was
Right. So the focus hasn't changed from the end of GTS to the start of GT7, that's what I meant.

GT6 to GTS was a big change in focus and attention. There was no big single player modes at launch, everything had changed to the online focus. Then they added a single player section but didn't really do anything special with it, their attention remained on sport events, world finals. So by the end GTS was an online focused game with a small section for solo play.

There has been no real shift in GT7, despite pre release suggestions. There is still a short single player element they put little effort into, there is still the focus on the same sport events and world finals.

There was no large focus shift on creating and expanding a rich single player experience, there is 10 hours of cafe and then sayonara. Back to promoting the world tour and online GT championship.

Very broadly speaking, GT7 is just a continuation of GTS.

the “Gr1 Prototype Series” is an interesting name for an open-950pp race. Wonder what brain genius came up with that one… maybe my super formula car is a Gr1 Prototype
Just the same as the World Touring Car events, only a PP restriction, otherwise enter anything. It feels like they just don't give a damn anymore, no care and attention like the old games. Slapdash, low effort.

Last edited:
How about if they are a top player in this iteration too?

View attachment 1154442
Did I say he wasn't?
My entire post still stands and is still applicable, top players of old iterations complain when a new game comes out in most competitive games due to any changes. when SFV came out, the old guy's made the game seem like dog **** but SFV kept growing.

The only valid metric is player participation, not a disgruntled prior iteration champ who dislikes the new format or changes, he is biased. It is too early to tell if this new series is going to be a success or a flop.

Also from his post, it seems he is upset about people COMPLAINING about GranTurismo 7, he finds it demotivational to hear that the game has issues and is not enjoying hearing anything but that, not the game itself.

Again he has a bias, he wants to enjoy the sports mode but is fed up with the community sentiment. The community is the one who decides if GT7 lives or dies, not the top players.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back