Update 1.15 now available

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 1,275 comments
A racing game is probably the easiest type of game to add content without working too hard, and PD has a problem with that all the time. The current patch gives us a maximum of 2 hours of play in single player experience and then waiting for the next patch. I simply just can't belive it...

Kazunori's words that he doesn't want players to be forced to repeat the same events over and over can be put between the fingers.
:(
I'm one of the few who usually enjoy playing the game but after this update, I don't know what to feel anymore.

If this is the future of GT then this will be my last GT sadly.

Anybody try the CSL Elite wheel yet? I don't really feel like setting up the wheel only having to pack it back up after realizing that the FFB is even worse now.

Anybody try the CSL Elite wheel yet? I don't really feel like setting up the wheel only having to pack it back up after realizing that the FFB is even worse now.
I would think it's ok, as the DD Pro is now only useable in PS4 compatibility mode, where it acts as a CSL Elite.

The patch is bs, I didn't buy a DD Pro + Boost Kit to have it work as good as a non-force feedback wheel that were around in the PS2 era...

hi, i am french ^^

1.13 to 1.15 version

daytona, 8 LAPS, 20 cars and niveau débutant (blue)

1.13 version => 16 464 Cr

FTrwqP9XwAAsZ8l

1.15 version => 14 575 Cr

FTrwrcKXEAMTWP5

Last edited:
Agreed. Any YouTubers and websites that gave this game a high rating should also be held accountable. Personally I trusted the likes of Kie and Super GT on YouTube, and now all I think is they rated it highly to keep their career safe. Kie in particular.
Let's be honest, reviews are thrown in very prematurely. You don't review a movie based on the first 15 minutes. You don't rate the food based just on the rice. Why would people rate a game based on a very limited time playing it?

GT7 had a decent launch, for modern standards atleast. PD messed up afterwards, with their decisions, and as time went by, the main issues this game has, started popping out left and right. All this stuff can't be foreseen by the reviews.

hi, i am french ^^

1.13 to 1.15 version

daytona, 8 LAPS, 20 cars and niveau débutant (blue)

1.13 version => 16 464 Cr

FTrwqP9XwAAsZ8l

1.15 version => 14 575 Cr

FTrwrcKXEAMTWP5
Assuming you got all the settings exactly the same, why would they nerf custom races payouts? They should increase, not decrease!

GT was the last game I had faith in to deliver at launch. Now I have no trust in any games 😂😅 my wallet is happy as well that I will never pre-order anything again. (Not even GTA, it's not the same R* since 2013)

Well I am happy I did not buy PS5 and DD Pro and a new TV to allow 4K. That money would have gone wasted 😅 Pre-ordered the standard edition for PS4, with the disc.

Last edited:
I would think it's ok, as the DD Pro is now only useable in PS4 compatibility mode, where it acts as a CSL Elite.

The patch is bs, I didn't buy a DD Pro + Boost Kit to have it work as good as a non-force feedback wheel that were around in the PS2 era...
I totally agree. FFB is ruined compared to before 1.15. At max level there is less ffb than on level 5 before. Got damn it!

Legit question for the "I don't race online and want more content" guys, what exactly is it you are looking for?
Cars.

Tracks.

One of things that made me so fond of Gran Turismo, back in the late 90's, was how it exposed me to cars that were just outside of my typical scope. Despite the relatively small car list it felt like something you could get lost in. The ineternet's picked up since then and mostly, if you frequent car sites, it's much harder to have those cars that you're not aware of. That, along with getting used to bigger car counts anyway, makes modern GT games feel small. I want an obscenely un-realistic number of cars in order to compensate.

Also tracks, because I like tracks.

Not a bad update but still the game cries out for fresh new tracks, or even layouts. They promised us new layouts in April, plural, and here we are at the end of May still with none. Spa does not count and even if it did, that's only one. Where are the rest?
Um, they did add new layouts. 2 of the Kei car races were on new layouts. In the update notes, they list several other new layouts as well. Did you not even look at the update notes?

I didn't expect much and still disappointed. One and done 3 cafe books with 9 races that are not worth repeating because they don't reward anywhere as much as Tokyo, Sardegna or Spa.
Something something about wanting players to do different races? Yeah, right, but we'll have exactly 3 with not miserable payouts for a couple months now? Might be at least another month assuming next content patch will be out by the end of June.

Also - 100% realism, linking game's cars prices to real life prices. Just like throwing yet another VGT into the game. "It makes total sense." - PD, probably.
Legit question for the "I don't race online and want more content" guys, what exactly is it you are looking for?
More racing events where we can actually use different cars and that have decent payouts, so it doesn't feel like a waste of time to do compared to a few good paying ones. Bunch more missions and change to them that they are not worthless to repeat as they are now with just one time only reward.
Can't be too difficult to just mass "print" those with different requirements for the countries/car types/pp/whatever, then have a graphics design team to make a bunch of images to add and - done. So pretty much what GT4 had.

P.S.
"Looking forward" to see how much more credits I'll need now to get last few LCD cars. It was just a bit over 130m pre-patch and I had 100m saved.

Last edited:
Can't speak for everyone else, but:
-more championships, for more classes and PP ranges
-more high paying events, to give players some variety when it comes to the grind
-make custom races worth doing (again, increase payouts)
-give the ability to create custom championships with whatever track combo you want
-maybe an ability to share created events, championships and challenges
-make more use of the drag racing mode

There's probably more stuff, that just didn't come up to my mind. Then of course, more cars and tracks.

It looks as if PDI likes dragging out releasing new content after what they learned from Sport. A slow drip of new content, to keep players engaged. It's annoying for impatient players, though.
Wrong, it's annoying for players who play a lot. It's not impatient to want what should be readily available events in a game that's been out for months and came at premium pricing. There's still tracks with single events. Completely ridiculous.

Still no split screen fix :grumpy:. How hard can it be to allow both players to turn assists on and off? :confused:
I really want this fixed. My son and I can play with our wheels side by side on the big screen (Fanatac and Logitech) but it's less than stellar in present form.

It looks as if PDI likes dragging out releasing new content after what they learned from Sport. A slow drip of new content, to keep players engaged. It's annoying for impatient players, though.

A slow drip of new content would be highly appreciated...
But this is not the case. What we are actually getting is nothing compared to a slow drip.

Annoying only for impatient players?
This is supposed to be a brand new triple A (or something below) title.
Not a demo.
Nor is it a game from a small developer.
GT5 and GT6 were WAY more complete than GT7 at release. And 3 months later, the future STILL doesn't look bright for GT7.
In terms of content (cars, tracks, features, game modes and events, multiplayer), and in terms of bug fixes, it still is way behind. Compared to older GT and compared even other similar titles.
About bug fixes.....some players using wheel sets are having even more issues now! And because of that we're gonna see pretty soon another update that ONLY fixes that thing in particular. Leaving false hopes for the entire community. At best, it would be a good excuse to throw a Daihatsu Midget at us.

Last edited:
For Fanatec users, two things

You can raise FOR settings on your base to 120 and In-game Max Torque to 10, but, for me it's still way too weak or soft or loose (whatever word you use 😁) there is no resistance in wheel

So I put my base to compatibility mode (purple light) with old settings (FOR and Ingame are same as before this update). Maybe a few details is missing but for me is like before (I am on DD Pro 8Nm, but I think this should work for CSL Elite users too)

Missed an opportunity to add an N24 event race, or races, as been as it's this weekend.
Don't think we've had the Nordshleife in Sport mode yet either in GT7.

Maybe two N24 races, an hour that pays like the Spa one, and a two hrs that pays 3 Million perhaps.

Last edited:
I don't. I'd prefer more real cars instead of these ugly cars. This game doesn't need anymore VGTs. Since the very beginning, the time and budget that was spent on VGTs could've been used to bring more tracks and new cars to the series. But instead Kaz decided the opposite. This game doesn't need 3 Tomahawks, it needs these cars in the picture below, and thats just one example.

View attachment 1154249
Some would say the Jeep and Charger are butt-ugly too.

Cant quite see the disappointmen - three very different contemporary cars all new to the series. And remember these are free, not part of some paid "car pack". Yes a track would be nice, but knowing the amount of work that goes to building them, Im not surpriced they dont drop so often. Ingratitude is yet another standart of our time and online culture..
Free?! I don't know where you got your copy but mine was $70 and riddled with content holes!

When they get the equivalent of GT Sport's offline content at a bare minimum in the game, it'll be fit for a launch state. That is YEARS away. But yeah, we're "ungrateful" lol. Some people, man. Some people...

Because it's a left-hand drive single seater with an original batmobile type windshield. Look closer at the reflections, they define the curves as such.
Do you need to go specs shopping??.
You wanna put some money down, sunshine??.
It's also clearly a left-hand drive single seater concept.

I assume you've booked your eye test appointment this morning then?

Always funny when people are so confident in something that they'll insult people who disagree, then turn out they were utterly wrong. Well OK, you're right it was a concept, but not so much on the over confidence of a single seater LHD car with the batmobile wind shield.

Last edited:
Back