Update 1.15 now available

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 1,275 comments
I don’t get home from work till tomorrow to test the new FFB nerf, but for me personally, this game was a 9/10 and I hadn’t even really dived b into sport mode yet. This physics are decent, a lot of the 🌶 races are replay-able 10x. Sure, I would love more races. They’ll come. But a ton of career content is worthless to me if the AI was horrible. At least they’re somewhat fun to race against now. TOD and dynamic weather have been implemented beautifully.

Hell, I even bought a stick shift just so I could channel my inner Senna and learn to heel-toe. Combine that with cockpit view and I’m glued to the screen like a 4 year old watching Phineas and Ferb! I haven’t even gotten close to getting bored in this game.

And no, the micro transactions don’t “trigger” me the least bit. I even thought they were more in your face in GTS with every car you went to purchase. I still maintain that if PD made them a better value they would sell a lot more…. But, whatever.

My biggest reasoning for being cynical and/or negative toward GT7 currently owes to the fact that PD have back peddled on almost everything that made previous games good. Even if we ignore GT Sport and only include the numbered titles, we still lack almost 20 major and minor features seen in series past. Instead of including and expanding and enhancing these features PD just down right removed them.

Last edited:
It could have worse sounds, worse physics, worse customisation and worse graphics. To be honest I'm having more fun with GT7 than GT5 and GT6 because it IS better in the 4 areas mentioned above, which I believe are the most important. Could it have more cars? More events? Sure, but it isn't a complete mess and a long way from "the worst" GT game. That honours goes to GT Sport.
I agree, I think it more comes down to being a new game and waiting for as long as we have for another gt installment it just leaves you salivating for more. Well that's me anyway, it is anti climatic but only because you like the game so much but it seriously will be a cracking game once extensive content comes through.

Windscreen on the Suzuki looks like what "cars of the future" looked like in the 50s. Wild.

i1AXjkDrxgmwrb.jpg

And it sounds like a motorcycle trapped in a car.

The concerns of Gallo and Steve are not the concerns of this forum.

They play Sport Mode, with Gallo being one of the faces of the franchise, and the problems they're having are problems with Sport Mode itself, as you can read from Gallo's "we all know what happened in the last few races", meaning it may have had something to do with broken penalties and BoP. And of course the FFB update, which was divisive.

The problem is that the usual trolls jump into the bandwagon and start bringing up things that, frankly, are non-issues. The microtransactions are useless now, the roulettes while annoying aren't much more than a nuisance, the lack of events means nothing if people keep doing the same ones because they can't stand earning 1.2 million/hour instead of 1.6 million/hour. Their specialty is nitpick. The only glaring omission I see from PD is the inability to sell cars, which is advertised with the game but non existent, but even this ability has little impact, especially if they implement it in the half assed way they did it in Sport.

Thus, indeed the e-sports stars' concerns matter much more than ours. Which will make this upcoming GT World Series event all the more interesting. I'm sure there'll be much debate over these issues.

I think the campaign should've been more complete at launch, but in Kaz's mind they probably want to make "themed" updates and use the Café as a "taste" of the new cars. But, in the grand scheme of things, continued support for a single player campaign only makes sense in the form of large expansions, like the NASCAR expansion for FM6. Some of the Café events are cool, but they're not the kind of thing that makes players come back, unless they come with PSN trophies.

Still, the beauty of live service is that you can always save the game. The question is, is PD up to it? Do they have Sony's backing for it?
"face of the franchise" lol stop it... Nobody knows or cares who tf these people are. Even the majority of sport mode players are not interested.
Most of us get on, play the game, race other randoms for fun & call it a night. Only the top few hundred people, or at most top 2000 players know anything about the eSports elite players & of those ~2000 probably less than half actually hang on their every word like some of you do.

Some of you put these people on pedestals fr, they're not super human beings that are contributing to the world. They play video games for a living better than most people that's it. Rest assured that 90% of the playerbase do not know who these people are, do not care in the slightest & are more concerned with their own lives than some kids playing video games for money.

As for the rest of what you said, that's pure BS. Sport mode, as well as online in general are absolutely concerns for this forum. I have no idea why you believe they wouldn't.

Last time I checked, eSports players make up less than 5% of this games playerbase... their concerns are not more weighty than anyone elses, & certainly not over the concerns of the other 95% of the playerbase that are the actual reason this game exists. Without that 95% this franchise wouldn't still be a thing, eSports players are equivalent to streamers, a tiny subset of unimportant but skilled players that do not represent the majority of the playerbase.

Things like host migration, or the ability to edit custom lobbies once launched are basic features that were in GT5 for christ sake, there is no excuse for not having something like that DAY ONE. And the worst part? they clearly knew Sport mode & custom lobbies were in a disgraceful state, because they purposely HID as much content that they could from us before the launch of the game that involved the multiplayer side of things.

They were purposely deceptive, I don't see how you can sit here and try to defend that, or why you'd even want to defend a company that's sole purpose is to make games for money, not care about you as an individual.

It could have worse sounds, worse physics, worse customisation and worse graphics. To be honest I'm having more fun with GT7 than GT5 and GT6 because it IS better in the 4 areas mentioned above, which I believe are the most important. Could it have more cars? More events? Sure, but it isn't a complete mess and a long way from "the worst" GT game. That honours goes to GT Sport.
GT7 is not better than GT4,5,6 or Sport.

Sport was it's own thing, but it's still a better game than this garbage we have right now. GT7 is the laziest singleplayer I've seen in years. The cafe menubook thing is an atrociously dull, uninspired idea that never should've been greenlit.

The online is currently worse than it was in GT5...

If they remade GT4, or even just remastered it with modern graphics it'd be a more enjoyable game than Gt7 is right now. They have somehow managed to create the most soul less, tedious, mediocre garbage racing game in recent memory whilst simultaneously claiming it's some passion masterpiece to cars.

Every critic reviewer that gave this a 10, including all of the youtubers that are too scared to give a bad review to a Sony game, needs to get elbowed in the face or never be allowed to review a Sony game ever again, I'd be happy to see either.

Maybe, at the end it's just a children's game, and we are no children anymore. 🤷‍♂️
You're right with this. We were younger when GT was in it's pinnacle. It had monopolized it's market and had no competition. It was the best. Now days, there is so much out there. Other companies that have furthered sim technology miles ahead of Gran Turismo. It just is disappointing to see in a way because you want to see it be the best but yet it has to be accessible to newcomers. It got me into sim racing. Now I have a blazing PC and run rF2, ACC, AMS2. Hell, I have ~3500 cars in AC and ~1600 tracks in Assetto Corsa. The content is ridiculous and the physics and FFB are leagues better than Gran Turismo. I want to see them succeed and I don't want to be lied too. GT can still be fun and I want that fun back. I already have serious sims. I want a laid back driver with content in to have some fun.
Anyone know which track is on the dashboard of the Rampage?

View attachment 1154525
It is VIR.

Imagine complaining about rabbit AI, when that is something they have had a lot in previous games 😁 Plus compared to GTS at least, races like Clubman Plus actually have decent AI. And now the AI actually fights back, instead of being a bunch of cowards.

That FFB thing is not good but I am sure it gets fixed. I am just happy it did not affect us G29 players and other wheel users not on the supposedly 'fixed FFB wheel list' (more like unfix from what you are saying).

Also been sad to see how lazy people are at gaming these days. Why is it a must have to get like 10M or 20M in no time? The seasonal events were just full on bonkers in GT5 and GT6. It made all the cars suffer of inflation due to money being easy to get. Same in GTS with a guaranteed car everyday when you did the daily mileage. In terms of economy, they should at very least make the missions being able to earn cash
again after the first win. I do hope they add a few more 1,2-1,6M/hour races at least. Sport mode rewards need an increase as well.

With GT7 economy the cars actually feel like valuable, since they are hard to get. Which is something positive in my opinion. I did not think I would be off this opinion before GT7 release, but now it actually makes sense, being a owner of many a legend car. I estimate 75-80% of the legend cars or so, been left out on most of the really expensive stuff though (except for one 250GTO due to generous circuit exp. which gave me 46-47M all golding them). Been grinding for money a lot and the races to be grinded now (Spa, Sardegna A and Le Mans) are pretty decent.

Okay. If I am right by some of my list, I am gonna come back at laughing at you. Since laugh prolongs life they say in a Finnish proverb. 😏🇫🇮

Last edited by a moderator:
Imagine complaining about rabbit AI, when that is something they have had a lot in previous games 😁 Plus compared to GTS at least, races like Clubman Plus actually have decent AI. And now the AI actually fights back, instead of being a bunch of cowards.

That FFB thing is not good but I am sure it gets fixed. I am just happy it did not affect us G29 players and other wheel users not on the supposedly 'fixed FFB wheel list' (more like unfix from what you are saying).

Also been sad to see how lazy people are at gaming these days. Why is it a must have to get like 10M or 20M in no time? The seasonal events were just full on bonkers in GT5 and GT6. It made all the cars suffer of inflation due to money being easy to get. Same in GTS with a guaranteed car everyday when you did the daily mileage. In terms of economy, they should at very least make the missions being able to earn cash
again after the first win. I do hope they add a few more 1,2-1,6M/hour races at least. Sport mode rewards need an increase as well.

With GT7 economy the cars actually feel like valuable, since they are hard to get. Which is something positive in my opinion. I did not think I would be off this opinion before GT7 release, but now it actually makes sense, being a owner of many a legend car. I estimate 75-80% of the legend cars or so, been left out on most of the really expensive stuff though (except for one 250GTO due to generous circuit exp. which gave me 46-47M all golding them). Been grinding for money a lot and the races to be grinded now (Spa, Sardegna A and Le Mans) are pretty decent.

Agreed 100%. Especially in regards to the cars. Every legend car I’ve bought, I’ve earned. Be it the human comedy missions, gouging my eyes out doing the Tokyo grind, or the 1 hour Spa race. Makes each of those expensive purchases all the more special when I get em’

I love how you guys yeeted Vanilla off the fourms when the guy predicted every new track years ago and the new leaker has the same tracks leaked as vanilla does.Can't voich for the cars though , and yes there are 80's skylines , the R30 and R31

Okay. If I am right by some of my list, I am gonna come back at laughing at you. Since laugh prolongs life they say in a Finnish proverb. 😏🇫🇮
Sure. It definitely takes an inside source to list off a bunch of highly requested cars and predict that at least some of them might end up in the game at some stage.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love how you guys yeeted Vanilla off the fourms when the guy predicted every new track years ago and the new leaker has the same tracks leaked as vanilla does.Can't voich for the cars though , and yes there are 80's skylines , the R30 and R31
Hope your right about R30 and r31. I've owned a couple r31s over the years and would love one in the game.

GT7 is not better than GT4,5,6 or Sport.

Sport was it's own thing, but it's still a better game than this garbage we have right now. GT7 is the laziest singleplayer I've seen in years. The cafe menubook thing is an atrociously dull, uninspired idea that never should've been greenlit.
At launch day after playing the game for hours, I've said this "singleplayer" is not more than GT League races (we've seen them added to GTS earlier) and the café is just a directional of which one we should do in order.

In this singleplayer we cannot just get a used car, tune it and drive it through the campaign because each of these "league races" (against the ai) requires different type of cars connected to those menu books.

Last edited:
Kind of the same for me, I've 3 Circuit expériences left to gold and that's it everything else is done, I might go for the Platinum trophy since I don't know what to do next and I don't like to redo the same races over and over to grind for money 🤷

Trying to do the clubman plus event at tsukuba using an ek civic but the car can't make it round the hairpins. The drivers arms go like qtr of the way like their locked next minute it sort of glitches to full lock. Anyone had this or know a work around? Thankyou

Sure. It definitely takes an inside source to list off a bunch of highly requested cars and predict that at least some of them might end up in the game at some stage.

I will say that it would make sense to bring the R30 and R31 for a full R series GT-R collection. It has been in GT games before, R31 at least. And we have a lack of American tracks compared to Europe and Asia & Oceania, bringing a few more would be nice and would make sense too. I hope to see at least 1 of these 4 (not wanting to het my hopes up too much): Indianapolis, with oval, full gp track and some shorter layout. This is what I am most hopeful of, hopefully even NASCAR & Indycars added. Road Atlanta, Grand Valley. Great would be Circuit Of The Americas or Road America but I am not holding my breath.

What is interesting is the fact that Nations Cup Round 6 lacks any details. Why? Has it ever happened before? My simracing detector is signaling me the following text: a track update is coming.

Last edited:
"face of the franchise" lol stop it... Nobody knows or cares who tf these people are. Even the majority of sport mode players are not interested.
Most of us get on, play the game, race other randoms for fun & call it a night. Only the top few hundred people, or at most top 2000 players know anything about the eSports elite players & of those ~2000 probably less than half actually hang on their every word like some of you do.
Weird. I'd have thought that out of the 1.1 million people who saw this:
D8AE6689-C6CE-4233-9824-AA89284CF3A1.jpeg

Or the 400k that saw this:
6529FF5C-F6EE-4625-B103-BC81466B6539.jpeg

Or the 180k that saw this:
7EDA6C35-7947-4FCD-91E9-55115B2398AC.jpeg

Or maybe the however many million people who bought the game, considering his literal face is in it

835B6110-4ED1-49B8-993F-6EB542DCFF20.jpeg

That more than 2,000 of them might know the guys name.

But who knows 🤷‍♂️

Back