Update 1.15 now available

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 1,275 comments
"face of the franchise" lol stop it... Nobody knows or cares who tf these people are. Even the majority of sport mode players are not interested.
Most of us get on, play the game, race other randoms for fun & call it a night. Only the top few hundred people, or at most top 2000 players know anything about the eSports elite players & of those ~2000 probably less than half actually hang on their every word like some of you do.

Some of you put these people on pedestals fr, they're not super human beings that are contributing to the world. They play video games for a living better than most people that's it. Rest assured that 90% of the playerbase do not know who these people are, do not care in the slightest & are more concerned with their own lives than some kids playing video games for money.

As for the rest of what you said, that's pure BS. Sport mode, as well as online in general are absolutely concerns for this forum. I have no idea why you believe they wouldn't.

Last time I checked, eSports players make up less than 5% of this games playerbase... their concerns are not more weighty than anyone elses, & certainly not over the concerns of the other 95% of the playerbase that are the actual reason this game exists. Without that 95% this franchise wouldn't still be a thing, eSports players are equivalent to streamers, a tiny subset of unimportant but skilled players that do not represent the majority of the playerbase.
You don't care, and that is perfectly ok, but unlike you those players showed the peak of GT-Sport and just how good it is possible to be at a game like this.

They made a clear difference for the game, millions of views, articles about the competition and those players brought GT-Sport to mass media and players. And now millions of players know their faces and their names because they are an integrated part of the game.

And you are correct, they are not superhumans, they are aliens, they are so good at what they do that there is very few of them in the world. They know this game better than the developers themselves, and when the speak they are, unlike you, listened to because PD knows that these guys knows their **** and isn't just posting in anger while taking a dump.

And RavenR, you have no idea how the interweb works today if you think streamers have no influence and visa versa, GT-Sport events made Jimmy Broadbent a star, he is driving a real GTR while people here complain about to many of them being in GT games. He is racing a Praga at Brands Hatch and doesn't have to wait for PD to add that to the game.

company that's sole purpose is to make games for money, not care about you as an individual.
This one you got right

Every critic reviewer that gave this a 10, including all of the youtubers that are too scared to give a bad review to a Sony game, needs to get elbowed in the face or never be allowed to review a Sony game ever again, I'd be happy to see either.
The average review score was 87, so there's rather a lot of reviewers who disagreed with you

GT7 is not better than GT4,5,6 or Sport.

Sport was it's own thing, but it's still a better game than this garbage we have right now. GT7 is the laziest singleplayer I've seen in years. The cafe menubook thing is an atrociously dull, uninspired idea that never should've been greenlit.

The online is currently worse than it was in GT5...

If they remade GT4, or even just remastered it with modern graphics it'd be a more enjoyable game than Gt7 is right now. They have somehow managed to create the most soul less, tedious, mediocre garbage racing game in recent memory whilst simultaneously claiming it's some passion masterpiece to cars.

Every critic reviewer that gave this a 10, including all of the youtubers that are too scared to give a bad review to a Sony game, needs to get elbowed in the face or never be allowed to review a Sony game ever again, I'd be happy to see either.

Must admit, if it wasn't called Gran Turismo it would be dropped by most people by now and the reviews would have been less than inspiring.

including all of the youtubers that are too scared to give a bad review to a Sony game
lol

First, there was Days Gone which is actually the opposite of what you described (underrated Sony game).

Second, mainstream media has their own pet studios, which go beyond Sony's offerings and include Rockstar, FromSoftware, Playground, Arkane, Nintendo as a whole...

Let's not forget Halo Infinite somehow got a metascore of 87 despite being quite a mediocre game.

Also if they remade GT4 it would be criticized today for being unnecessarily long and having no online play. Having a long career didn't exactly do FM7 any favors. And the sim community would laugh at it due to the heavily outdated physics.

Last edited:
Let's not forget Halo Infinite somehow got a metascore of 87 despite being quite a mediocre game.
Opinions…i did like it a lot and the gunplay is the best the series ever had.It‘s a bliss.I can‘t forgive them to delay the coop so long though…

Weird. I'd have thought that out of the 1.1 million people who saw this:View attachment 1154609
Or the 400k that saw this:
View attachment 1154610

Or the 180k that saw this:
View attachment 1154611
Or maybe the however many million people who bought the game, considering his literal face is in it

View attachment 1154612

That more than 2,000 of them might know the guys name.

But who knows 🤷‍♂️
Half a million people have watched me crash a rally car in DiRT Rally, it doesn't make me the face of the game.

Personally I think having esports players as the featured players in GT7 is a big downgrade over the stars we've had in other games, GT5 had Sebastian Vettel, Sebastien Loeb and Jeff Gordon. They may represent the eSport scene but that is only a very small portion of what the game is and who it sold to, I'd bet most of the casuals have no idea who these people are and might even be disappointed to find out.

Wow. So many whiners in here.

Good update. As long as these updates are rolling out regularly, then the game is in a good place.

Some thoughts:

Enjoyed the Kai cup in a turbo charged Honda. The car responds well to gear abuse on the corners and is fun to throw around the track.

Enjoyed the Vision Cup. A good range of crazy cars makes for an interesting race. Did my miles yesterday and picked up the Vision AMG, which seemed a little too coincidental given the new menu. Anyone else have the same? On completing the Vision Cup, the 1,000,000 Cr reward from the ticket was most welcome.

Nice that they improved the weather map a little.

Sport Mode TT seems limited, but it's there and it's a start.

All good from me.

I also did like the new events.The Cappucino is somehow weird but fun to drive 😁 The GT1 was a good challenge.Though the payouts are back to **** again :rolleyes:

New weather radar is nice and you can see some RAINDROPS with bumper cam now,not relying only on ears and wet meter anymore.Looks like ps2 rain though.

The new FFB for DD pro feels great and it will be fine if they just increase the overall strength again.They acknowledged already that its a bug.

For the first time I lowered the difficulty just to finish as fast as possible the VGT event. Spent a million to get a VGT, got a million from the ticket and now I can forget the dreadful VGTs. I've never used one before yesterday and I can't find the appeal. I can hardly make them stay on the track and it feels completely alien driving one.
I enjoyed the Kei car races more, and I will start on the gr.1 races today - I only have one gr.1 from the Haggerty shop (the Porsche 962 C 1988) - I dont think from what I've read that I can win those races with the Porsche but at least I get to use it in a race. All in all a good update in my books.

For the first time I lowered the difficulty just to finish as fast as possible the VGT event. Spent a million to get a VGT, got a million from the ticket and now I can forget the dreadful VGTs. I've never used one before yesterday and I can't find the appeal. I can hardly make them stay on the track and it feels completely alien driving one.
I enjoyed the Kei car races more, and I will start on the gr.1 races today - I only have one gr.1 from the Haggerty shop (the Porsche 962 C 1988) - I dont think from what I've read that I can win those races with the Porsche but at least I get to use it in a race. All in all a good update in my books.
Yeah I had some issues with the gr1 races in particular the first one in Daytona. I used the 2016 Toyota but once I put on mid range turbo it was more than sufficient to do the job but some fuel management will be in order as it gets abit thirsty once you add the turbo.

And just for kicks, one of the threads in said forum's first page:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...o-convince-the-masses-to-purchase-gt7.318443/

A thread from nearly a decade ago somehow still is able to ring true with the problems GT continues to face, and that Polyphony has not bothered to fix in the intervening time.
And here we are in 2022 and the OP of that thread is still bitter about it all and hasn't moved on from complaining about GT.

Gran Turismo is a better investment of money than spending that same money buying a visa to go and live/work in a new country/culture, which is embarrassing tbh.
If you precisely tell me how I can start a new life anywhere else in the ("1st") world with 1000$ I'd do it right now :dunce:
What a ridiculously stupid comparison :banghead:

yes there are 80's skylines , the R30 and R31
Neither of them were GTRs, which is what the "leaker" claimed...

Trying to do the clubman plus event at tsukuba using an ek civic but the car can't make it round the hairpins. The drivers arms go like qtr of the way like their locked next minute it sort of glitches to full lock. Anyone had this or know a work around?
Raise your ride height.

And here we are in 2022 and the OP of that thread is still bitter about it all and hasn't moved on from complaining about GT.

If you precisely tell me how I can start a new life anywhere else in the ("1st") world with 1000$ I'd do it right now :dunce:
What a ridiculously stupid comparison :banghead:

Neither of them were GTRs, which is what the "leaker" claimed...

Raise your ride height.
They never made a GTR in an r30 or r31, that would've raised my suspicion right away. R31 had the gts-r which is the closest thing. Thanks for the ride height tip 👍

Last edited:
Has been proven to be unsalvageable, pathetic. PD is the real problem they (obviously) ignore.

Because due to inherent PD incompetence, anything they do would just cause another problem, not fixing it.

Like the GT Auto menu now being able to return to the 3 choice is still terrible, because it continues the "click 1 more button to progress" crap to get out.

Yet here you are complaining yourself and you don't get "complain culture" 😂

It's the people who complain that drive development forward. Go back to your grass.
Can you quote me were I complained on my comment? I was thanking GTPlanet's editors for their positiveness yet you found words in my text to be again bitter and salty. I will go back to my grass, I like it... The people who complain don't drive development forwards, engineers do, people like you only make noise.

I am a fan since gran turismo 1, skipped Ps4 and GT Sport and didn't know they were real people unitl I returned to these forums :D
Yeah I mean I'm not claiming that everyone knows them, not even close, just that the number who do is much much larger than 2,000

You'd think some of these things below will appear (I have some screenshots from a legit source but I cannot share them here):

Cars:
Porsche 918 spyder 13'
Pontiac GTO The Judge 69'
Lancer EVO IX 06'
Bugatti Chiron 16'
BMW M2 18'
Nissan GT-R Skyline 84' & 87'
Ford Cosworth Sierra 87'
McLaren F1 car 88'

Tracks:
Red Rock Valley
Grand Valley
Watkins Glen
Road Atlanta

Hold on to your hats. More content will appear, i including tracks. Maybe not at the rate many were expecting/hoping at though.

There is a new track coming next month. Three other tracks in the late stages of development/clearance. Plus at least two pieces of additional DLC outside the monthly update schedule.
1_BszMRA9QZtFuw8EvOdaT0w.jpeg

Last edited:
Must admit, if it wasn't called Gran Turismo it would be dropped by most people by now and the reviews would have been less than inspiring.
Or maybe more people would forgive its shortcomings. The Gran Turismo name makes people expect a lot, as they should given PD’s position, but GT7 would probably be considered a remarkable achievement if it came from an indie developer.

Last edited:
My uncle who works for sony says they are opening a Starbucks next to the cafe and he's not sure if the cafe can stay afloat, they don't even sell coffee, just full of creepy old guys gawking at cars

Like the GT Auto menu now being able to return to the 3 choice is still terrible, because it continues the "click 1 more button to progress" crap to get out.
This is literally something many of us have been wanting since day one. Having to go back all the way out then go back in was annoying.

This comment right here is proof positive that no matter what they do, PD will always have people lining up to complain about the changes they make.

And "unsalvageable"? Ha ha, guess you'll get lumped in with the rest of the binary thinkers that think anything less than perfect means it's nothing. I'm glad I can see nuance, life would be terrible if I only thought of things as all or nothing.

I had a ton of fun racing around in cars with less than 100hp and more than 600hp today. It was a blast, and everything this game is supposed to be. Isn't it crazy that even though the game has issues, some of us can still see past these minor things to have fun with the things the game does right? You know, driving cars.
This is completely backwards. If it weren't GT there would be zero expectations and people would be head over heels for it being such a comprehensive and amazing new car game. It's the reputation of GT that they're up against and why so many in here go out of their way to justify being so mad about minor issues with a game that's ultimately still amazing. Nostalgia has a price.

Last edited:
Just have to give it some time, yes I'd love for more content and yes I want it now but if it makes the game better to hold off and perfect everything as much as they can Iam happy to wait. Most don't realise, from the beginning, there is quite alot to do and with alot of games that you can finish in about 6 hrs on today's market, it is quite in depth. Iam a massive f1 nut and religiously buy every f1 game and have done so since gp2 in the 90s. I would love and f1 game to be as polished and as in depth and with the same amount of replayability gt7 has. Give it time and this will be an epic well polished game, it just needs time to find proper traction.

Last edited:
Personally I think having esports players as the featured players in GT7 is a big downgrade over the stars we've had in other games, GT5 had Sebastian Vettel, Sebastien Loeb and Jeff Gordon. They may represent the eSport scene but that is only a very small portion of what the game is and who it sold to, I'd bet most of the casuals have no idea who these people are and might even be disappointed to find out.
I think that whole debate makes little sense. When it comes to the issues of the game, neither a celebrity or top e-sports players, will have an opinion that represents the entire community. If anything, e-sports players clearly have a focus on what they get from the game (Sport Mode), with everything else being secondary. They could be happy with Sport Mode fixed, and that wouldn't mean the game was fine for everyone else.

So in the end, opinions based on a small percentage of players, that appear to enjoy the game in a very specific manner, can't be used as an example for anything.
---

Meanwhile, I see quite the confusion regarding the whole "Instead of adding content, fix the game". The people that model content, are most likely not the same who work on fixing gameplay related bugs and such. To fix the game, does not require to hold on to content, as both can be done at the same time and applied to the game in the same update.

Either way, the content side of the updates has been disappointing. Not because of the cars this specific update had, but because they were so few. As content goes, I just hope they eventually add more cars monthly, and a track here and there.

They know this game better than the developers themselves, and when the speak they are, unlike you, listened to because PD knows that these guys knows their **** and isn't just posting in anger while taking a dump.
Quote of the day right here. Never have I seen anyone soo accurately sum up the habits of the typical complainer.

Weird. I'd have thought that out of the 1.1 million people who saw this:View attachment 1154609
Or the 400k that saw this:
View attachment 1154610

Or the 180k that saw this:
View attachment 1154611
Or maybe the however many million people who bought the game, considering his literal face is in it

View attachment 1154612

That more than 2,000 of them might know the guys name.

But who knows 🤷‍♂️
Stop it.

You can be promoted in a game, & still not be the "face of the franchise"

Face of the franchise implies this kid is what people think of when they think of Gran Turismo... The franchise was around before most of these kids were even a twinkle in their dads eye.

When a new NBA player is on the cover for an NBA game each year, are they the "face of the league?"... No. One guy is, & has been for probably the last 15 years & that's LeBron, a guy that absolutely millions of people all over the world know of.

You can't just be promoted within one specific part of a game (eSports), for a limited time & mostly for one game at the very maximum two (if he was heavily promoted in GTS) & then claim he's the face of the franchise.

Nobody buys this game because he plays it, or is affiliated with it. Calling someone the face of a franchise would at least mean that he drives the sales of the game hugely (which he absolutely does not).

Like I said before, most people haven't got a clue who this dude is, or any of these eSports guys are.

Would you say someone like Datto is the face of the Destiny franchise?? I wouldn't & he's hugely more popular than this kid. Don't get "temporary face of one facet of one video game" confused with face of a 25 year franchise.

When people think of Gran Turismo the franchise what do they think of? Car collections, realism, racing & maybe certain tracks like Trial Mountain or DFR or Grand Valley. They don't think of some nobody nerd that plays the online portion of the game lmfao, imagine trying to call these dudes the face of the franchise. If anything it's a faceless franchise.

Ridiculous take.

Last edited:
Stop it.

You can be promoted in a game, & still not be the "face of the franchise"

Face of the franchise implies this kid is what people think of when they think of Gran Turismo... The franchise was around before most of these kids were even a twinkle in their dads eye.

When a new NBA player is on the cover for an NBA game each year, are they the "face of the league?"... No. One guy is, & has been for probably the last 15 years & that's LeBron, a guy that absolutely millions of people all over the world know of.

You can't just be promoted within one specific part of a game (eSports), for a limited time & mostly for one game at the very maximum two (if he was heavily promoted in GTS) & then claim he's the face of the franchise.

Nobody buys this game because he plays it, or is affiliated with it. Calling someone the face of a franchise would at least mean that he drives the sales of the game hugely (which he absolutely does not).

Like I said before, most people haven't got a clue who this dude is, or any of these eSports guys are.

Would you say someone like Datto is the face of the Destiny franchise?? I wouldn't & he's hugely more popular than this kid. Don't get "temporary face of one facet of one video game" confused with face of a 25 year franchise.

Ridiculous take.
He's promoted enough in the game to be an AI driver.

Don't know how high that could be realistically on someone's scale, but he essentially "made it" in my book. :sly:

Back