Vintage NASCAR Mini-Series | Complete

• Thread starter Tom.
  • 277 comments

Start time for qualifying?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy had the pole, I was watching the live timer during qually, he took it from me. I did notice the first two sectors get beat but not the lap. I witness a couple of accidents, none of which looked intensional, just a little lack of experience with these cars on this track. Everyone that was still there at the end seemed to have calmed down and was driving strait. I had fun and if not for getting caught in 'the big one' I think I really had something for that lead pack. Nice win Crazy. As early as the start time is here in the States, I doubt I'll make it to any more, but if I should manage to get free I'll definitely be there.

Nice to know my setup was good in qualifying, just on Matty's car.:P I had a lack of power and, in the draft, a lack of gear.:(

I've received a stewards report from Furi and am waiting to hear back from him on what we'll do about it. It seems we have a pretty clear idea of who caused all the problems.

Just about to put the results up now, along with table 👍

And I know what you mean about gears Akmuq, in the draft I tended to hit the limiter in the mid 200's. Lesson learnt! :lol:

akmuq
Nice to know my setup was good in qualifying, just on Matty's car.:P I had a lack of power and, in the draft, a lack of gear.:(

Well I dunno about you but I was running minimal downforce and noticed that there was very little draft in the race, it's a shame really though cause I really thought this was my chance at my first GTP orgainised racing series win and I got disconnected.. 👎

Unlucky mate, you looked solid in qualifying 👍 Awarded points to RacerPaul as he completed more than half race distance.

Yasher has been banned from participating in the rest of the season due to reckless driving and failing to yield to overtaking cars repeatedly. Awaiting confirmation on other drivers :)

Well I dunno about you but I was running minimal downforce and noticed that there was very little draft in the race, it's a shame really though cause I really thought this was my chance at my first GTP orgainised racing series win and I got disconnected.. 👎

Yeah minimum downforce here as well, although I might try raising front downforce by 5 or so when we come back to Daytona and see how that goes.👍

The table and the results have been posted to the OP. Thanks for the race tonight once again and see you all at Indy! :)

I set trans to 230 , was hitting 195 solo, 205 tandem and 215 behind pack. Used lowest downforce setting and stiff springs and dampers with softer front, low value on anti roll bars and negative angles and hi camber with bias in the front

kenkwilinski
My time was 47.016 or 46.016 I forget if they were in the 47s or 46s.

It would have been 47.016 cause the fastest I got practicing was 46.990. So I'd say the 46.016 is near impossible..

Unlucky mate, you looked solid in qualifying 👍 Awarded points to RacerPaul as he completed more than half race distance.

Yasher has been banned from participating in the rest of the season due to reckless driving and failing to yield to overtaking cars repeatedly. Awaiting confirmation on other drivers :)

Your head's cut :P

Yes, I was merging to track, Furi was telling me to go low, everyone but you managed to go high to avoid me...

Well let's put it this way.

A) I've been told by a couple of guys that you were driving recklessly and generally causing accidents at the back of the field. This is information from pretty damn experienced drivers who I know can give me reliable information.

B) I was in the lead pack all day and we passed you twice during the race. Both times you were swerving across the track, which prevented the lead pack from fighting for positions and bump drafting to pull away from your reckless driving. You very nearly caused a big accident which would have drastically altered the race results.

These guys are clean drivers who want to have some fun, competitive racing without the agro of being punted into the apron twice a lap. Is that too much to ask?

Case closed 👍

You got my PM

The reason I was in the middle of the road was I floored it and spun out upwards off of the apron. I apologize for any damage caused.

Yes, I was merging to track, Furi was telling me to go low, everyone but you managed to go high to avoid me...

TBH. I don't have much of a case. All I can say is that:
1. It wasn't malicious.
2. I'm crap at it.

You got my PM

The reason I was in the middle of the road was I floored it and spun out upwards off of the apron. I apologize for any damage caused.

Yeah I understand, you got my PM too 👍

Around laps 35 to 45 I was hitting 46.9's during the race with fresh tires and half a tank.

It was good fun while it lasted (for me) :) I say this with due respect to series admin...

This series is a casual thing for me, so I'm not overly bothered but I was in the lead pack
when I got punted into the wall and that was my race over, no way to catch up

Annoying. Game over through no fault of my own 👎

You got my PM

You were in a near stop when we approached you. Just as we all had taken the high line, you suddenly got moving again and made us all crash right into the wall.

kenkwilinski
Ok cool, I agree. That was pole then! How many laps did u run in practice to acheive that 46.9?

I believe it was about 8-10 laps but offline practice so it could be because of that..

I unfortunately got spun by Crazy(I think) but I've raced him before and know that it was an accident and that he is clean.👍

(I ran out of fuel anyway, twice)

I was bricking it near the end, put 12 litres in on my pit at 32 laps and that thing was running on empty when I crossed the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back