Will Classic Formula 1 Cars and drivers be in GT5?

i was watching that race live when senna crashed, the cars are more safe now than ever, with the cockpits that are designed to protect the driver and the crumple zones designed to absorb impact, course there ia always risk in open cockpit racing, the events of the last few weeks have been rather freakish in formula 1 and 3 with parts and tires just falling off the cars mid race and people driving into them.

what i do not like is ruining some of the greatest tracks in history by making them more technical and trying to slow the cars down the old hokenheim (sp) ring was a incredible track with the insanely fast straight coming into that tight chicain and back onto the high speed run into the technical end of the track, a really tricky course with the high speed braking into difficult sections. one of my all time favorite tracks without a doubt.

i would give schumacher equal footing with senna however both amazing drivers. and prost gave senna some epic battles back in the golden age of formula one.

The cars are definitely safer now but what actually killed Senna was a suspension spring that went through his helmet, which is similar to what happened to Massa just this past weekend and let's face it, he was close to death (it seems his helmet saved him). Driving into a concrete wall never helps either though. Now it's common sense to have tire barriers everywhere so it's nice to see Formula 1 as a much safer sport than it was 15 years ago. Everything has improved which is what Senna was aiming for. It's just sad that he had to die for us to experience the rapid increase in safety.

i said it in the wrong way i hope you know what i actually meant about the cars of the 1980s

lets draw a line under this and carry on i admit it was my fault

No problem. You're right some of those turbo cars would be awesome with variable boost for quali.

I wonder if they could model ground effect correctly as well.

As long as they got the sounds right, I would love to see the old wingless cars. Cars like these would work.

That looks INTENSE, the 'Gring in 40 year old cars with no ABS TCS ASM, now if only they could have the foot race at the start to REALLY capture the era!:drool:

Please please Polyphony D make some classic F1 cars, these for sure will bring another healthy dollop of passion and petrolhead nirvana.

I would really like to have some old F1 cars. With one example from each decade I'm fine.
Examples:
1966 Ferrari
Bandini,_Lorenzo_-_Ferrari-12-Zylinder_1966.jpg

Dunno if this will ever appear in GT5, (sure hope so!), but you can drive this one in the 66 Mod for Grand Prix Legends these days.

The mod is free, and features about 14 GP F1 cars of that year. (This particular Ferrari is a bit tricky to drive, btw. Fairly loose rear end. Its little brother the F246 is easier to handle but not as fast on the straights.)

Mods for 1955 (250F, etc) and Can-Am are in the works, but they might take a year or so before they're ready.

I own GPL but i haven't got a decent pc and enough room to play it on, which i was a little miffed about.Not really suited to a laptop either.

The crash in 89 was Prosts fault. Just watch the replay footage from Prosts onboard cam in slow motion. If Prost would have taken every corner like this, he wouldnt be a 4 times World Champion ;)
But i dont blame him, he was leading the whole race and that overtaking from Senna was just to risky. We should be happy, that Senna und Prost showed us so many exciting races! ;)

Here are my favorits. I think there should be at least one car from each "era" of the Grand Prix Racing.

Pre WWII Era:
Mercedes_Silberpfeil-W154_1939.jpg

The Mercedes Benz W154. That car was just so, so far ahead for its time.

F1 50s
Mercedes_W_196_mit_3-l-Motor_(Fangio)_1986-08-16.jpg

Just like the W154. One of the greatest Cars ever. I think a lot of people would love it, to drive this car around the Ring like Fangio :)

F1 60s
Ferrari_312_-_002.jpg

An hard decision. There were so many great cars in that era. But as an Ferraristi, i would love to drive this car at Monza!

F1 70s

Ferrari_312T_1975.jpg

Laudas Car ;)

F1 80s

Ferrari_126_CK.jpg

Ferraris first turbo F1 car. It was very hard to drive, but Villeneuve managed to take an victory in Monaco.

F1 90s

Jean_Alesi_Ferrari_1995.jpg

The Ferrari 412T, the last Formula One car powerd by an V12 engine.

And last, but not least:

Michael_Schumacher_Ferrari_2004.jpg

I think the old F1 are fantastics machines (less tecnology and pure adrenaline) and the driver are heros.

One car I like to see in GT5: :D

GP.%20F.1.%206%20wheel%20Tyrell-Ford%20P34-6%2077%60.jpg

I'll tell you something that would be good, if PD made the car drivers do animations like shaking fists if the cars tangle and celebatory punches in the air at the crowds when crossing the finish line and on the victory lap, also waving.Also donuts.Would be good if they let you go around the track for your victory lap.

This is going to be very similar to Alonsofan's post above....

Pre-war cars:

auto_union_d-type_01.jpeg

The Auto Union Type D - Mid engined in the 1930's!

motoring-graphics-g_846747a.jpg

The Mercedes W125 - Over 600HP in the 1930's!

Now for the 1950's

Fangio09a.jpg

The Maserati 250F - The Fangio car.

1954_mercedes_w196_18_real.jpg

The Mercedes W196 - As with the German cars before the war well ahead of the competition.

Brabham1959.jpg

The Cooper T51 - First mid-engined car to win the world championship.

65026369_50c58a5ddd.jpg

The 1960's

The Ferrari 246 - The last front engined car to win a race.

monaco1960_2.jpg

The Ferrari 246T - The first mid-engined Ferrari.

The Ferrari 156 "Sharknose" - Unique look 1961 championship winner.

The Lotus 49 - Unbeatable combination of Chapman, DFV and Jim Clark

The 70's

73usa16.jpg

The Tyrrell 006 - 1973 World championship winner.

lotus72no8.jpg

The Lotus 72 - Stunning multiple championship winner.

FG1.jpg

The Ferrari 312T2 - Also stunning 1976 championship winner.

F1CS2059.jpg

The Ferrari 312T4 - It looks good. :sly:

The 80's

83902187_538f8d0a5d.jpg

The Mclaren MP4/4 - Winner of 15 out of 16 of races in the 1988 season.

The 90's

pa199210005_rain_.jpg

The Williams FW14B - Dominant 1992 championship winner.

Jean_Alesi_Ferrari_1995.jpg

The Ferrari 412T - As mentioned before by alonsofan the last V12 engined car. :indiff:

2000's

680625273_3a5d37e2b9.jpg

The Mclaren MP4/15 - Just in for the sound :sly:

FERRARI-F2002-2002.jpg

Ferrari F2002 - The pinnacle of Schumacher dominance.

356.jpg

Ferrari F2004 - Fastest F1 car so far.

2218010231_fd6f42395e.jpg

Ferrari F2008 - Last good looking car in F1. At the moment...

Brawn-Mercedes_BGP_001.jpg

Brawn GP 001 - Unique first time winner for a new constuctor in the modern era.

If PD do implement classic F1 cars i think i will drive these more, 2nd place i guess will be WRC, 3rd TG track, joint 4th GT + Nascar.Classic F1, WRC, Nascar, TopGear Test Track and the regular dollop of the GT mode with Arcade too that is more than enough for car sim fans.

This would be awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, I love how fat the tyres are, it relies more on mechanical grip than just brute downforce, it would make for incredibly interesting low speed cornering and a differetn type of driving style where the grip is based on the road surface (small dips and bumps) and how you postion the weight of the car.

Theres not problem with you like Senna. But I think no matter what the car or series is, all the drivers risk there lifes racing.

No way, look at Fangio, Ascari, Stirling Moss, Clark, Piquet, Senna car's, no asists at all, you can make a hole with a simply punch in those cars, thats suicide.

Ok, I'll bite.

Firstly, I'd like to see this, since we already have the 2J and the fictitious X2010...

ground-effects-in-formula-1-6717_3.jpg

Second, would be another vote for the 312 t4...

42-18514028.jpg

Next, the car that changed undercarriages forever...

79m-2.jpg

I prefer this livery, but a black beauty wouldn't disappoint me.

And complemented with the GT3 formula cars :

Senna_Lotus-99T_MPH-Show-450x280.jpg

mp44a.jpg

2171199591_f763a6c3ea.jpg

...there's a couple more, you get my drift.

these are all great pics of f1 cars especaily threw the gold age of f1 with the twin turbos but very hard to choose from but i would nikki luada 1976 ferrari

Back