::::: World Super GT Championship | Round 1 | Results Pending :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,044 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any estimates on what time qualifying will run tomorrow. I have a very limited time frame. I hope I will get a chance to qualify. I'm free for the race.

Probably aroung 9pm GMT, and the room will sure be open for atleast a few hours.

I've already done mine, and going to relax with a couple of beers and watch Champions League instead :D

Any estimates on what time qualifying will run tomorrow. I have a very limited time frame. I hope I will get a chance to qualify. I'm free for the race.

I'm in the same boat. I was hoping it would be at 8pm GMT, but I can work with 9pm. As long as we are allowed to run our laps from the start at 9pm, I should be good for tomorrow.

you can run your lap as soon as you enter the room, no problem 👍

I just did a 1:57.200 lap with the Lexus on a online practice, with tire wear on.

Too bad i was alone and no one watched it :(

Last edited:
I just did a 1:57.200 lap with the Lexus on a online practice, with tire wear on.

Too bad i was alone and no one watched it :(

Yeah, to bad it was'nt in an official qualy room either :)

Wow i've been away from this thread for a while now. Hope there's a way i can still join in.

The miss is working late tonight so i will be on all night (hopefully) i will prob open lobby a few hours before 9pmGMT.
People can use it for practice or use it for the offical qualifying time just give me the word and il chuck everyone out of track lol.

Im not sure about my connection hosting a full lobby but we can use it as a test... as there is still quite a few to qualify we might have to get another room open. lets just see how it goes.... :)

good luck all.

Nice lap. I thought you would beat my time tbh, I think there are a few tenths still in there, my second lap would have been quicker but for missing the braking point into the hairpin.

Hoping for pole tbh, would be my first one since the start of the series, been keen to try out controlling the rolling start, hope in GT300 that it can be down to me for the first round of the series :)

Now I've said that though, someone will come beat me by a few hundredths or something :P

i dont think anyone will beat your time but my time are there probarbly one or two there will beat but i hope not. it could be nice to have a RX-7 front row. and remember the only race i have won in this series is the only where i not have started from pole position;)

GT500 1'49.842 Daisuke Ito / ARTA NSX ( 2007-03-17 / 2007 Round1 )
GT300 2'02.254 Masami Kageyama / ENDLESS ADVAN SENZAIKAKUMEI Z ( 2007-03-17 / 2007 Round1 )

As You see from the Suzuka records above, to make the
proportions as close to the REAL WORLD (as You normally want), You should drive with Racing Softs in the GT500 cars.

1´49.842---> 1´52.xxx GT500 (Simo911 in the Nordic series with Racing Softs) ~3 sek gap
2´02.254---> 2´05.437 GT300 (Moleman with Racing Hards in WSGTC) ~3 sek gap

As I has said before, a GT500 car with softs feels about the same to drive as a GT300 with Hards. And another point is
that with better grip in the GT500 car with Soft tires causes less accidents :)

GT300 2'02.254 Masami Kageyama / ENDLESS ADVAN SENZAIKAKUMEI Z ( 2007-03-17 / 2007 Round1 )

proportions as close to the REAL WORLD (as You normally want), You should drive with Racing Softs in the GT500 cars.

1´49.842---> 1´52.xxx GT500 (Simo911 in the Nordic series with Racing Softs) ~3 sek gap

As I has said before, a GT500 car with softs feels about the same to drive as a GT300 with Hards. And another point is

I saw in Suzuka run a my Japanese friends under 1:51,xxx with a NSX Arta totally stock just rigidity add, and soft tires..so just 1 sec. gap....impressive lap time...

I saw in Suzuka run a my Japanese friends under 1:51,xxx with a NSX Arta totally stock just rigidity add, and soft tires..so just 1 sec. gap....impressive lap time...

Was it in a Race (slipstream) or free run? Sounds unbelievable
a 1´50.xxx without slipstream :scared:

EDIT: Team UK needs 2 more drivers to the Nordic Championships this weeks race at Suzuka. Please contact Paginas or Lambolover.

Last edited:

The choice was made to move to hard tyres because it improves the quality of the racing. It's much more difficult to be aggressive on hard tyres. It also gives drivers more opportunity to display their speed through driving skill and consistency.

We could take this to a logical extreme and put everyone on Comfort Hards, but that wouldn't be fun. There's a balance to be had between the cars being too easy or too hard to drive. Racing Hard was felt to be that point.

The choice was made to move to hard tyres because it improves the quality of the racing. It's much more difficult to be aggressive on hard tyres. It also gives drivers more opportunity to display their speed through driving skill and consistency.

We could take this to a logical extreme and put everyone on Comfort Hards, but that wouldn't be fun. There's a balance to be had between the cars being too easy or too hard to drive. Racing Hard was felt to be that point.

So its fine now, NOT try to get it closer to REAL Super GT. :)
You´re really funny guys here. One day You´re so strict with making all as close to real.Other day what suits You best.In Finland we use to say "svänga kappan enligt vinden" Guys...

Shouldn´t then the GT300 cars have to use Sport Softs...?

I just think that an aggressive driver is aggressive on both
softs and hards. The only difference is that he can control
better his car on softs---> less accidents.

EDIT: BTW, what MacGyver/Apollo said in post #642 is actually working and a Good Idea for policing isf somebodys cheating.

----->"With the borrow a car feature just added, people could put the car they plan on using for the race up for borrowing.

Before each race each of us borrow someone elses race car, then check it over for upgrades and record the mileage.
When the race is finished we borrow back the car and check the mileage again and if that was the car that was used the mileage should add up.

This won't take 2 minuites before and after the race"

This would work if no one even buy a turbo. Those cars with the stock turbo isn´t showing it in the turbo list!
But if You buy a upgrade turbo it will show. Same with engine upgrade.

Last edited:
So its fine now, NOT try to get it closer to REAL Super GT. :)
You´re really funny guys here. One day You´re so strict with making all as close to real.Other day what suits You best.In Finland we use to say "svänga kappan enligt vinden" Guys...

Shouldn´t then the GT300 cars have to use Sport Softs...?

I just think that an aggressive driver is aggressive on both
softs and hards. The only difference is that he can control
better his car on softs---> less accidents.

eppe00, since you have declared that you are out of the championship, your thinking about the rules will not change anything I'm afraid..

And "Svänga kappan efter vinden" is a figure of speach about if a Leader/steward/politician or who ever in a "leader" position is changing the rules/making decitions only to gain popularity.. I do not think that's how it works in this Championship at the moment.

If any one is intersested in doing some qualification, I can host a session within the hour. Just post if you are ready to qualify 👍

Denilson--->Yeah, I would LIKE to be a part of this, IF all the rules could be policed.

I said "I think I´m stepping out of this Campionship. This game
has obviously too many "ratholes" for cheaters...With so
many rules and regulations You can´t police, will make it
just worser than it is already..for ex. the rigidity improvement."

So I havent made my desicion yet, about participating.
But anyway, thanks for the support.👍
I just say what I think, doesn´t matter if some of U
get pi**ed of by my posts.

I don't get p****d... It's just that we already know what YOU think. I'm afraid it won't change anything...

So are you in or out?

We simply need to trust eachother about the cheating... "It takes one, to know one"...

Wow i've been away from this thread for a while now. Hope there's a way i can still join in.

Ofc you are in! 👍

But remember, today is the last day for qualification. So make sure to join one of the sessions to put in your time!

I don't get p****d... It's just that we already know what YOU think. I'm afraid it won't change anything...

So are you in or out?

We simply need to trust eachother about the cheating... "It takes one, to know one"...

How about that what MacGyver/Apollo posted in #642?
It would be really an easy way to check peoples cars, just in case.

I intend to do the quali today with my RX-7. So in 👍
I´m babysitting at the moment, but after 16.00 GMT i can
do it.

@eppe: Usually found that racing on Soft tyres mean people are much more aggressive and there are more incidents, rather than the other way round as you suggest - that's why we're on hard tyres. Nothing against the series, but that's also why I'm not racing in your championship; racing there was aggressive because the tyre allows for significantly increased cornering speed, much later braking, and much more risk therefore that if a driver makes a mistake, it's a big mistake and a big accident rather than a small one.

@eppe: Usually found that racing on Soft tyres mean people are much more aggressive and there are more incidents, rather than the other way round as you suggest - that's why we're on hard tyres. Nothing against the series, but that's also why I'm not racing in your championship; racing there was aggressive because the tyre allows for significantly increased cornering speed, much later braking, and much more risk therefore that if a driver makes a mistake, it's a big mistake and a big accident rather than a small one.

Ok. But what i recall, there was only 2 accidents in the whole Nordic
pre-race that were held at suzuka. With 15 equal cars on 18 laps.
Thats where I base my thoughts on Racing Softs. I didn´t
myself notice aggressive drivers in my race....

I´m sorry Andil if U felt it so, Did You have any contacts/damages? I can watch the replay from Your car to see who was specially aggressive.Just for curiosity.

EDIT: 15 cars * 18 laps(1´55/lap) / 2 accidents = approx. 1 accident every 258 min of racing. Doesn´t sound aggressive to me.

Last edited:
Ok. But what i recall, there was only 2 accidents in the whole Nordic
pre-race that were held at suzuka. With 15 equal cars on 18 laps.
Thats where I base my thoughts on Racing Softs. I didn´t
myself notice aggressive drivers in my race....

I´m sorry Andil if U felt it so, Did You have any contacts/damages? I can watch the replay from Your car to see who was specially aggressive.Just for curiosity.

EDIT: 15 cars * 18 laps(1´55/lap) / 2 accidents = approx. 1 accident every 258 min of racing. Doesn´t sound aggressive to me.

I stayed out of trouble actually, but felt constantly like I was having to be on the lookout for someone making a late lunge or to be ready to avoid something in front of me - seemed to be more in front of me than with me directly, but was racing with a constant "any moment now..." feeling - nothing to do with your series, it's just how I feel with racing on racing-soft tyres, maybe it's just me. I also prefer GT300 > GT500, so maybe I'm just a bit weird, I unno :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back