::::: World Super GT Championship | Round 1 | Results Pending :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,044 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right if there is anybody that cant do the Qualifying on Wednesday i will (or maybe another steward) will host 1 tonight.

Remeber if you cannot make tomorrows Qualifying sesson you wont be able to qualify and will start at the back of the grid.. đź‘Ť

If no-one needs to quali then im sure we can turn it into a practice sesson and get some races in...

Plus has anyone heard from masi recently, his gone quiet?

i will get some practice with the "old unrestricted rules" today so maybe i will do qualifying today:)

Masi's gone quiet on this thread - think we should remove him from the drivers list :D

I'm thinking i'd like to get qualifying out of the way tonight but i haven't started practicing on Suzuka yet:dunce:

we will see tonight, as u say we can turn it into practice - Any idea what time Paginas?

Erm just depends what time i eat dinner was thinking around 8pm GMT to start up a lobby and then just see how it goes...

People are more than welcome to set up a lobby before hand to start practicing (must be in public tho) and post lobby number here.

I did some calculations on when to shift with the help of Scaff's Tuning Guide.

I used the torque curve in GT5 to calculate this and it only gives me peak value, so it's not 100% accurate.

Car
Nissan MOTUL AUTECH GT-R '08

torquegtr.png

Shift at 8000 rpm.

Last edited:
masi,

just to let you know i may have to miss round 1, this week i am working at an FIA race truck test at the Nogaro circuit in France. I was due to travel home tomorrow but we have had nothing but rain this week in France so now we must leave and go to the Jarama circuit in Spain in search of sunshine and a dry track! I now wont be home until sometime on Friday

If i am allowed to qualify friday evening (if a steward is available) that would be great otherwise i will have to miss this race

I will be back online later tonight to see if anything can be done

cheers

masi,

just to let you know i may have to miss round 1, this week i am working at an FIA race truck test at the Nogaro circuit in France. I was due to travel home tomorrow but we have had nothing but rain this week in France so now we must leave and go to the Jarama circuit in Spain in search of sunshine and a dry track! I now wont be home until sometime on Friday

If i am allowed to qualify friday evening (if a steward is available) that would be great otherwise i will have to miss this race

I will be back online later tonight to see if anything can be done

cheers

People cannot qualify after wednesday it will be unfair for others.... Wednesday is the last day to qualify.
However if you are back friday you can still race but you will be back of the grid as you dont have a time.
Does this help?

People cannot qualify after wednesday it will be unfair for others.... Wednesday is the last day to qualify.
However if you are back friday you can still race but you will be back of the grid as you dont have a time.
Does this help?

As long as there is spots not occupied by drivers that have an official qualy-time.

Just making it clear đź‘Ť

Centura, thanks for posting your set up. I seen two HUGE mistakes I was making. After some research and seeing that I am REALLY excited to get back in the cockpit and run some times. WOOOOT Race season starts Friday guys, I am stoked. Hope to make it in the first one. :)

FWIW

OwensRacing
will be Qualifying on Wednesday.

Also agree 100% on allowing the rigidity for the simple fact it does little and is not able top be policed..

Besides it a freaking strut bar and rear shock tower bar......I got those factory on my Evo....well strut bar anyway. :) I got a couple GT500's that have sat cause I did not know you couldn't run that mod. I had to redo a few cars with breakin and all. That sucked....I had read it no power mods all chassis work was open to the racer. I seen those was like eh thats is chassis for sure.

Again, note my current stock NSX, Supra, GTR's, and Nismo Z do not have rigidity. Willing to put them in my share to prove....which surely we all are.

Centura, thanks for posting your set up. I seen two HUGE mistakes I was making. After some research and seeing that I am REALLY excited to get back in the cockpit and run some times. WOOOOT Race season starts Friday guys, I am stoked. Hope to make it in the first one. :)

No problem. :) I have just started learning to tune, so it's mostly trial and error.

what about just borrowing each other cars just before and after the race as centura mentioned

I dont recall saying that.

Last edited:
just started practicing on Suzuka in Sennihnas room today. I have to say qualifying and the race will be tricky. :)

Qualifying because when your'e pushing the limits on Suzuka its easy to spin off. Certain curbs and grass is the main culprit.

The race because theres not much time to rest mentally on this track. I think there will be casualties come race day

Anyone else unable to log on PSN? Hope it will work for me soon, as I want to qualify tonight :-(

Might just be us Nordic players? I know Paginas is still in his room, or atleast was 30 min ago.

mine has worked fine all the time (denmark)
have just done qualy did a good first flying lap 2:05.742. on the second lap i was 3.5 tenths faster then before bu in spoon i ran wide and my lef rear tuched the sand and i was in a enormeous slide lost about a second there hoping to start 2nd friday:)

have just done qualy did a good first flying lap 2:05.742. on the second lap i was 3.5 tenths faster then before bu in spoon i ran wide and my lef rear tuched the sand and i was in a enormeous slide lost about a second there hoping to start 2nd friday:)

Nice, just tried and working - I hope there is a room up for qualifying :nervous:

EDIT: Ok, when I try to join the room, it says "Request have timed out" just like it did, before I got kicked off PSN. đź‘Ž

Last edited:
i have just left the room now, but i left Johnkiller in there....

im off to bed anyways night all catch you tomorrow.

Nice lap. I thought you would beat my time tbh, I think there are a few tenths still in there, my second lap would have been quicker but for missing the braking point into the hairpin.

Hoping for pole tbh, would be my first one since the start of the series, been keen to try out controlling the rolling start, hope in GT300 that it can be down to me for the first round of the series :)

Now I've said that though, someone will come beat me by a few hundredths or something :P

WSGTC Round 1. Official Suzuka Qualifying

* = clean
* = pending
* = dirty

GT500​

D1.1: 1:58.403* - XsApollo - Nissan YELLOWHAT YMS TOMICA GT-R
D1.2: 1:58.633* - chorda - Nissan MOTUL AUTECH GT-R
D1.3: 1:58.972* - JPzer - Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R
D1.4:
D1.5:
D1.6:
D1.7:

D2.1:
D2.2:
D2.3:
D2.4:
D2.5:
D2.6:
D2.7:

Waitinglist:
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:

GT300

D1.1: 2:05.437* - Moleman - Autobacs ARTA GARAIYA '08
D1.2: 2:05.742* - GTP_Senninha - RE Amemiya ASPARADRINK RX7 '06
D1.3: 2:06.620* - GTP_Aizen_93 - Autobacs ARTA GARAIYA '08
D1.4: 2:08.553* - HortusIX - Autobacs ARTA GARAIYA '03
D1.5: 2:10.475* - GTP_Aderrrm - Toyota APEX MR-S '00
D1.6:
D1.7:

D2.1:
D2.2:
D2.3:
D2.4:
D2.5:
D2.6:
D2.7:

Waitinglist:
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:

Grid after Tuesday session. Looks like it's going to get crowded tomorrow :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back