WSCC - Race Modified Championship - Wednesday Evenings ** 1 spot open**

• Thread starter turbogeit
  • 177 comments
You could check in replays can't you?
For one you'll see a boost gauge and also you'll here the chirp if it's had a turbo attached.:)

That was what I was thinking first, because it is like that in offline replays. But now that PSN is back I saw that it is not the case in online race replays.

with the mods allowed my cars out put is 326....is this a problem?

Reminder: Extra information about the "Turbo" question.

The initial idea was to forbid the turbos for the Integra race.

But :1) it is impossible to check the presence of turbos in online race replays (while it is possible in offline timetrial replays)
2) a turbo, even when "reduced" to 325 HP with the power limiter, has an important torque advantage.

As a consequence: All mods are allowed, even turbos, but power limiter must be set to 325 HP

Elise race: no limits

That strange then Turbo don't you think?
Wonder why it's different?

You're right about that, but it is part of strange things in GT5 and its "not really finished" aspect.

Kaz said in an interview that they were all the time struggling with the memory limitations of the PS3. Perhaps they did not "capture" the turbopression during online races to limit the amount of memory in use and the amount of date to transmit via the internet connection (in order to display it in replays, your system needs the instant turbopression of all other cars, up to 15)

When I prepared the series, PSN was down, so I could only check the presence of the turbo-icon in the right side corner in offline replays and didn't realize that it was not there in online replays, what I only saw after our wednesday test-day.

According to my principle: Make it impossible to cheat and there won't be any suspicion, I decided to change the rule and to permit the turbo, with the effect that the cars will have, for the same power, more torque.

A reminder before wednesdays race; everyone please remember to clear their cache before entering the host´s room. And be certain they have a NAT2 connection and UPnP is available.

TEST REPORT

I did some testing with both cars today and yesterday.

Integra: On the Nurburgring GP/F, my best laps were some 2:04's.
The combination track/car has 2 characteristics:

1) although this is a high downforce track, on a FF car in GT, downforce is useless.
2) this car eats its tyres. Be careful with the accelerator or you will need two pitstops.

If you make just one pitstop: at the end of your stint, you may be about 4 seconds slower than in the beginning.
A second pitstop will make you loose about 26-29 seconds.

Elise: On Indy Road, my best laps were some 1:30.4-5 's.
Comments:
1) As always in the GT-series, the Elise models are very gentle with the tyres
2) This is a low downforce track (in the back at least)
3) Be careful with the accelerator. While some cars can be driven in a "binary trottle"-mood (ON/OFF), this one needs a progressive trottle input.It is important to feel the balance of this car, to place it by the exact amount of acceleration.

I got to test the Elise this evening, I tried it with your settings, but it just didn't work for me. I changed things until I had gotten rid of all the oversteer and the tendency to snap steer when you lift off the throttle. I only ran 5 laps with each tune and I'm about 1sec off your pace. I'm sure I can pick that up easily with a little more track time.

I only had time to run about 3 laps in the Integra, I just went in and changed some things I normally do as a matter of course and went out to see how it ran. I found it to have massive understeer and brake balance needs to be worked out. After 3 laps I was 2sec off your time, with the right setup it should be easy to pick that up.

2:04 on mediums is a hard task....but on softs is attainable....but there is no way to do 9 laps on softs in a dc5

2:04 on mediums is a hard task....but on softs is attainable....but there is no way to do 9 laps on softs in a dc5

That is just what makes the Integra race such interesting!
Which is the fastest strategy?

1) 1 pitstop on mediums (did'nt try yet)?
2) 2 pitstops on softs
3) 1 pitstop on softs, with the problem of a difficult second part of each stint.

To know the answer: come and see tomorrow!

Edit: I forgot the 4th possibility: 1 pitstop : 1 long stint on mediums and 1 short stint on softies.

Last edited:
New test results

Integra race

I did some tests with soft and medium tyres.
Here are the results (only valuable for my driving style and setup):

- mediums are too slow: "fresh" they are nearly as slow as used soft tyres.
- with soft tyres, the difference between a 1 stop and 2 stop strategy will be for the race distance around 5 to 7 seconds (1 stop is faster). But a 2 stop strategy is not necessarily a bad idea: a) in case you get "stuck" behind slower drivers and loose time; b) in order to avoid a time-consuming tywear excursion in the sand.

For the Elise race: Tyrewear goes much slower. That leaves the opportunity to choose the time of the pitstop on strategic grounds.

Tyrewear is really a lot about drivingstyles, I remember turbo, at Grand Valley you noticed a big difference in our tyretemperatures during the race! One strategy could surely be not pushing the FF car too hard and setteling for only 1 pitstop. Its indeed going to be interesting tonight.
Ive done a fastest lap of 2.06.1 with the car stock at 218 hp and no tuning. Needs breaking in..AND tuning. Hope I can find some time for that today.

Tyrewear is really a lot about drivingstyles, I remember turbo, at Grand Valley you noticed a big difference in our tyretemperatures during the race! One strategy could surely be not pushing the FF car too hard and setteling for only 1 pitstop. Its indeed going to be interesting tonight.
Ive done a fastest lap of 2.06.1 with the car stock at 218 hp and no tuning. Needs breaking in..AND tuning. Hope I can find some time for that today.

You're frightening me. If you do that time wit 218 HP. You might blow us away with 325. Sounds logical: I remember you're very good with FF cars.

Hey turbs, wouldnt it be better, if we let the pit strategies for each race to the drivers, so some go 1 some go 2, and figure it out for themselves kinda thing. It would make things more interesting, as u might get too many pitstops by a driver etc, which could really spice things up in the racing!

Hey turbs, wouldnt it be better, if we let the pit strategies for each race to the drivers, so some go 1 some go 2, and figure it out for themselves kinda thing. It would make things more interesting, as u might get too many pitstops by a driver etc, which could really spice things up in the racing!

That is the case: 1 mandatory pitstop means at least one. So you can do as many pitstops as you want.

See also my post #44 above. You are right: the different strategies will make the race interesting.

The same for the Elise race: 1 stop will probably be enough, but which is the best moment to take it, giving the huge slipstream phenomenon on the straight, which can make you win 1 second in a lap.

You're frightening me. If you do that time wit 218 HP. You might blow us away with 325. Sounds logical: I remember you're very good with FF cars.

UPS!! no, of course its 318....:dopey: .. but I do like those FF´s..I just put some practice in, and did manage consistency with some tuning ...and a fastest lap time of 2.04.5..so I dont think you need to be scared..:)

Unfortunately i have to work tonight, and thus can not participate in tonights lotus race, but i'll beat you next Wednesday instead.

Disconnected from server twice already - both time clear my cache...

Going to skip the first race - ill try and catch you all later for the Lotus one...

It was fun getting that rusty controller out again, but my car was as slow down the straights as me taking corners, probably due to me not having installed the turbo. Gotta work on that until next weeks race! Congrats to cobrius..looked fast from my spot waaaay behind..:)

I was a little bit disppointed yesterday evening by the number of participants:

- 6 drivers for the Integra cup,
- 4 drivers for the Elise cup.

With 10 sign-ups for each I expected at least 7 or 8 participants for each race.
Let's hope it will be better next time.

Results Week 1

Integra Race - Nurburgring GP/F - 19 laps

1.Cobrius (10)
2. Teeds (6)
3. Turbogeit (4)
4. Boshuter (3)
5. Aceboy127 (2)
6. ID_racer (1)

Elise Race - Indy road - 27 laps

1. Teeds (10)
2. Cobrius (6)
3. Turbogeit (4)
4. Boshuter (3)

Day Trophy - Prize Car "Audi quattro '80"

1. Teeds (16) - and winner race 2
2. Cobrius (16)
3. Turbogeit (8)
4. Boshuter (6)

Congrats to Cobrius & Teeds; and thanks for the fine battles, especially in the Integra race, which was very close until the pitstops

Latest Posts

Back